Barry J

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Well. Well. Rumor says that Barry Johnsons son (Chief Deputy) was stopped by KPD driving his fathers Chief Deputy car for suspected DUI. Is this true. Why hasnt our transparent sheriff reported this to the public? Any word folks...
anon

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

You are kidding me, really.........
wild goose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Barry J wrote:
Well. Well. Rumor says that Barry Johnsons son (Chief Deputy) was stopped by KPD driving his fathers Chief Deputy car for suspected DUI. Is this true. Why hasnt our transparent sheriff reported this to the public? Any word folks...
why aren't you asking KPD?
anon

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

wild goose wrote:
<quoted text> why aren't you asking KPD?
I am sure the news media will be asking KPD alot of questions in the coming days.
whyanon

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2011

Anon,
Whatever do you mean?
2012 hurry please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

As you all know tommy hired another guy and gave him major and the same pay as Barry...he has been there for about a year now I know barry pretty good...he told me he was just waiting on the "call" to tommys office to get fired, if this is true about his son tommy will get rid of him and might even file charges on his son! That's just how to face tommy roles! I think there should be something done about it if its true but not firing ! Ole fat a$$ tommy needs to save his money he won't get elected again and no one is going to hire him!
FAF

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

Even if this is true, what does this have to do with Tommy's work performance (unless he fires Barry)or Barry as a chief deputy? I've heard from reliable sources that the KPD officers handled an "alleged" incident appropriately. Citations issued, parents contacted, and charges are moving forward as they should. Let's not let our dislike for Tommy as a sheriff get so off point that we crucify over what somebody's hormone imbalanced teenager did. What if it was your teen? Never say your teen will or will not. I've been bit in the a$$ on that as have all who have said or believed that. If Barrys kid took a joy ride let's all thank God no real damage done. I know Barry Johnson and he will take care of the parenting part!
Almost Famous

Hartsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Thank you FAF for your heart felt commentary .
Truth

Rex, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

FAF wrote:
Even if this is true, what does this have to do with Tommy's work performance (unless he fires Barry)or Barry as a chief deputy? I've heard from reliable sources that the KPD officers handled an "alleged" incident appropriately. Citations issued, parents contacted, and charges are moving forward as they should. Let's not let our dislike for Tommy as a sheriff get so off point that we crucify over what somebody's hormone imbalanced teenager did. What if it was your teen? Never say your teen will or will not. I've been bit in the a$$ on that as have all who have said or believed that. If Barrys kid took a joy ride let's all thank God no real damage done. I know Barry Johnson and he will take care of the parenting part!
Are you serious? Every time something happened in the past it was ALWAYS BILL SMITHS FAULT. Nothing is never Tommys fault wonder why. He is no better of a Sheriff than Bill was. Bad things happen and that is how the imperfections of humans are made known. It is Tommys fault and it is Barrys fault. The fault of Tommy is that he trusted Barry to be a dependable leader. The fault of Barry is a grown son knows better than to joy ride in a GOVERNMENT POLICE VEHICLE. That is AUTO THEFT and if his son is a person who steals then why is he not in jail instead of living at the Chief Deputies house. This is a very poorly ran Sheriffs Office and the transparancy that was promised by the Sheriff is NOT there or the article would have been in Wednesdays paper with the Sheriff stating what actions are being taken. No our Sheriff was riding scooters across the State of Georgia instead of running his department. I sure hope Rick Rogers and Jay Moreno can think up a way to defend this one like all the rest they defend for him. Inmate on a jet ski, son in a stolen cop car same thing.
Truth

Rex, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

I read the comments and everyone thinks this is about KPD. Well guess what its not They handled the case with professional gloves and have been quiet about it out of respect to the Sheriff and Chief Deputy for this imbarrasing moment. It is not about the way KPD did their jobs. It is about problems and issues not being handled by the Sheriff and being known to the public when they happen. That is what promiss he made to us as voters upon him being elected. When you don't do something that you say you will do for the voters then that makes you a LIAR. SHERIFF YOU ARE A LIAR!!!
2012 hurry please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Truth wrote:
I read the comments and everyone thinks this is about KPD. Well guess what its not They handled the case with professional gloves and have been quiet about it out of respect to the Sheriff and Chief Deputy for this imbarrasing moment. It is not about the way KPD did their jobs. It is about problems and issues not being handled by the Sheriff and being known to the public when they happen. That is what promiss he made to us as voters upon him being elected. When you don't do something that you say you will do for the voters then that makes you a LIAR. SHERIFF YOU ARE A LIAR!!!
I agree KPD did a good job with this, I know barry very well I'm glad his son was not hurt but I know that tommy is going to fire him then try to mess with his cert just wait and see!
Beep Beep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

You ain't never lied... DUI is jail period right is right and wrong is wrong

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

BFT won't go after Barry's certification. Why do you think Barry has the job in the first place? Has he ever lead a shift, been a patrol commander or patrol Lt., Has he ever supervised anyone? He served warrants for a living. The reason he has the 1101 job is the same reason Ernest still has a job and the same reason Larry was put in place as 1200, because of votes and the connections they have with the local churches. Election season isn't to far off, so it'll be time to rehire verdel griffin soon.
WTF

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

Thanks Camdenvoter for keeping racism alive and well. What a POS you are.
PIP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Lol
Almost Famous

Hartsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

wtf you are the biggest pos in Kingsland and there are some big turds there lol!
Almost Famous

Hartsville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

well wtf you are right down there with FAF and anony anyway !
Good People

Norridgewock, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

The Johnson's are good people and excellent parents!! For you people to bring the racial card and all kind of unsubstantiated rumors about this incident into play is classless, Why not just let the facts speak for themselves? Anybody that has raised kids, knows sometimes the actions of your children you cannot control 24/7 all the time. This could be just a mistake by a young man if true, who I know is sorry that this has ever happened. What low lifes to allready start head hunting for the man's job!! You people are real clowns!!! Get a life. This man has a family to feed just like the rest of us!!!
Fact

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

WTF wrote:
Thanks Camdenvoter for keeping racism alive and well. What a POS you are.
truth hurts doesn't it.
Truth

Rex, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

Good People wrote:
The Johnson's are good people and excellent parents!! For you people to bring the racial card and all kind of unsubstantiated rumors about this incident into play is classless, Why not just let the facts speak for themselves? Anybody that has raised kids, knows sometimes the actions of your children you cannot control 24/7 all the time. This could be just a mistake by a young man if true, who I know is sorry that this has ever happened. What low lifes to allready start head hunting for the man's job!! You people are real clowns!!! Get a life. This man has a family to feed just like the rest of us!!!
Only Baryy knows why he has the position he has. Race has nothing to do with the fact that his job is now on the line for more than what alot of other employees were fired for much less than this type of a mishap. If that is what everyone is choosing to call it. The funny is that Jay Moreno has not mentioned a word about it and how bad it is for the Sheriff to not have controll as he said about Bill Smith. We all know Jay is double standard when it comes to Good Ole Tommy. Barry knows the results of his actions and those of his family. The price you pay!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Kingsland Forum right now

Search the Kingsland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 min Cbutt 50,092
Bye Bye St. Marys Airport 46 min Really 95
Camden County Planning Meetings 2 hr beer maker 9
Seeking a mechanic 8 hr NomadHeart 15
Why Criminals Are Afraid of Classical Music 9 hr LonePalm 6
Which pest control? 9 hr Jay Moreno 15
Economy grows 4 percent 9 hr Andy 3
•••
•••
•••
Kingsland Dating

more search filters

less search filters