St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Missy's Kitchen is just down the road in Yulee. I live just behind the Brant Creek Apartments in the Victoria Plantation subdivision. From my front door to Missy's is a pleasant 16 mile drive out St.Marys Rd t I-95, then I-95 S to U.S. Hwy 17 S., then south to A1A.

When you get to the intersection of Hwy 17 and A1A, where you would turn left to go to Fernandina Beach, Missy's is on your right on the other side of A1A, just behind the Texaco station on the corner. Yes, that's right: it's in the old Jinright's Seafood location.

Yes, the owner is the very same Missy we've all watched do every job there was to do at Aunt B's for years. You will also recognize some more familiar faces from Aunt B's down there.

Make sno economic sense to drive down there for good southern cooking, buffet style, you say? Hold on there, MPG breath.

They are open 7 days per week from 8:00 to 3:00 serving breakfast and lunch.

Get a load of this. Breakfast is $6.50 AND it is an AYCE buffet with eggs cooked to order if you like. The AYCE lunch buffet is $8.50 -$7.50 for seniors.

I had Sunday dinner there today and my total bill
after taxes, was a mere $8.03 (senior.)Now, I drove 32 miles round trip running a big V-8 in my van. I'm guessing $5.75 for gas. If you have a fuel efficient car or live closer, so much the better.

Was it worth the trip? You betcha!

The turkey,dressing, and gravy were all delicious. Good fried chicken. Done but juicy. Good diced and fried sweet potatoes. I had been "Jonesing" for those delicious rutabagas. I think I now know who used to cook them at Aunt B's - back when they had them. The stewed tomatoes had the best flavor of any I've ever eaten. Not quite sure what they put in them, but man, they were exceptional. Good strong iced tea. Killer bread pudding.

I skipped the salad bar but it looked good.

The place was clean and the service was prompt, attentive, and genuinely friendly. Missy is a great hostess.

Missy tells me they will probably be opening on Friday and Saturday nights in the not too distant future.

Next time you are headed to Jax to shop, go by way of Hwy 17 to AIA, eat at Missy's, then you can either return to I-95 or go on down 17 and come into the River City Mall the back way via Duval Rd.

Try it, I guarantee the food, service, hospitality, and prices will all put a smile on your face.

P.S.,

Once you pass Steffens on southbound 17, you'll be there in another 15 minutes, max.

“The one and only! ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Here's Missy's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ #!/pages/Missys-Kitchen/260628 200724259?fref=ts
Bob

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Hey Jay, are you moving to Florida to put the restaurants out of business? You probably aren't allowed in Aunt Bee's any longer so you have to find some other places to run out of business. Do that restaurant and their patrons a favor and stay out!!

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Let's see - yes, I last ate at Aunt B's this past Thursday. Time before that was Tuesday. I believe that was the time I had a nice chat with Coleman.

By the way, fool, it's Aunt B's - not Aunt Bees.
Bob

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

I don't care if its Aunt B or Bees.....you are still a piece of sh-t that splurges off of people and organizations. I just love it how the navy threw your fat ass out before your 20 years because you got so fat.....hehehehehe Just couldn't follow the fat ass rules when you were in, huh? And, you still are a fat ass........

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

6'2" and 225 at the time.
Bob

Saint Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

You are still a piece of sh-t that splurges off of people and organizations. I just love it how the navy threw your fat ass out before your 20 years because you got so fat.....hehehehehe Just couldn't follow the fat ass rules when you were in, huh? And, you still are a fat ass........
Really

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
6'2" and 225 at the time.
Yes and 100 of that was around your waist.

Whats the word I'm looking for when someone who is called OBESE at 225 but now is in the 300's club.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

"Unfortunate," as in an unfortunate consequence of partial paralysis, muscular atrophy, old age, and diabetes.
Bob

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Why blame your afflictions for the weight gain. I've always heard that if you didn't swell up like a basketball you wouldn't have some of those medical problems. You always try to blame something else but you are just fat!!!!!
anon

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
Why blame your afflictions for the weight gain. I've always heard that if you didn't swell up like a basketball you wouldn't have some of those medical problems. You always try to blame something else but you are just fat!!!!!
And you are just rude!
GARGANTUAN

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Moreno Jay wrote:
"Unfortunate," as in an unfortunate consequence of partial paralysis, muscular atrophy, old age, and diabetes.
Yes, that's the word I was looking for. Most people that suffer from these "unfortunate consequences" actually lose weight. Although most people with these conditions wouldn't drive to Yulee because of the discovery of a cheap all you can eat slop house.
Anon

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Bob wrote:
And if you don't eat like a hog, you won't swell up like a basketball.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Actually, you will if you are in a power wheelchair and not expending much energy beyond your minimal metabolic needs and a diabetic.
Bob

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Jay, just quit with the excuses. People are tired of hearing them. Just face it, you've been fat and getting fatter ever since you were thrown out of the military.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I suspect people are more tired of your claiming moral surperiority by virtue of your genetic predisposition to being a self-righteous, genetically-programmed-to-be-t hin arsshole.
Anon

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Moreno Jay wrote:
I suspect people are more tired of your claiming moral surperiority by virtue of your genetic predisposition to being a self-righteous, genetically-programmed-to-be-t hin arsshole.
There you have it. No one agrees with you. We are all a lot more tired of hearing your excuses of why you are obese and killing yourself by your gluttony.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Well here's a news flash for you: I DONT GIVE A SHIT!
Paul

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

I beg to differ. I feel as though you probably give quite a few after all of the fried food that you consume.

“The one and only! ”

St. Marys, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Well, you're welcome to come and lie face up under my toilet chair if you would like to give a first person report.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Kingsland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kingsland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••