Who is showing signs of running?
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#224 Jul 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
Weavers? Just say "no." No Mike, no Roger, no Tommy.
don't forget to include Gull and Royal Weaver as a no!
anon

Kingsland, GA

#225 Jul 2, 2013
Jorge wrote:
Weavers? Just say "no." No Mike, no Roger, no Tommy.
How well do you know Mike? Would you vote for Gull Weaver? I know Tommy better than Mike if he is anything like Tommy you will not worry about what he is thinking because Tommy will let you know.
Before judging why not hear him out 1st
Freddie

Kingsland, GA

#226 Jul 2, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
How well do you know Mike? Would you vote for Gull Weaver? I know Tommy better than Mike if he is anything like Tommy you will not worry about what he is thinking because Tommy will let you know.
Before judging why not hear him out 1st
I've heard all I need to hear. If Mikey thinks that one of his biggest platform agenda items is to close the boat ramp at the city park, he needs to go back to the pasture; cow pie 'shrooms are a sproutin'. This guy must be high as a kite.
lackadaisical

Saint Marys, GA

#227 Jul 2, 2013
No one in their right mind will take on the loosing job of running for any office in the City of Saint Mary's Georgia

Only one's going to run have personal gain in their mind.

That being said, the City of Saint Mary's Georgia should have the town Charter taken away by the Governor. It is beyond a working government.

Voters keep in mind that there is no way this town can function properly. It is totally controlled by Ospery Cove. Local population should stay away from the poles.
Mini Me

Kingsland, GA

#228 Jul 2, 2013
lackadaisical wrote:
. Local population should stay away from the poles.
And let Osprey Cove have TOTAL control of the city government?

Why not continue the push for voting districts?
anon

Kingsland, GA

#229 Jul 2, 2013
Freddie wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard all I need to hear. If Mikey thinks that one of his biggest platform agenda items is to close the boat ramp at the city park, he needs to go back to the pasture; cow pie 'shrooms are a sproutin'. This guy must be high as a kite.
Okay if I want shrooms also then i could think council was doing great
anon

Kingsland, GA

#230 Jul 2, 2013
if anyone thinks city hall is not broken they have to be on shrooms.
Until we vote the osprey bwe will unch out. we wikk ssme resuts
Billie Jean

Saint Marys, GA

#231 Jul 9, 2013
Has anyone else heard the rumor that Roland Eskridge will be running for mayor?
Word to The Wise

Kingsland, GA

#232 Jul 9, 2013
I would vote and support any candidate for city office as long as they had no downtown ties. As long as the downtown gang has influence in St Marys the city will fail. Their leadership got us where we are to today. The downtown gang can't help who they are and they will make the same mistakes over and over until they die.
To protect the city's future they must not be allowed in public office. For example, the downtown gang are behind the Hospital Authority scandal.

By funneling all St Marys' tax revenue downtown to support and prop up termite infested buildings and failing business; the downtown gang damaged St Marys future. It will take decades for St Marys to recover.
Yes

Kingsland, GA

#233 Jul 9, 2013
Billie Jean wrote:
Has anyone else heard the rumor that Roland Eskridge will be running for mayor?
Yes, he's running again - as he stated at the last city council meeting.
Anon

Saint Marys, GA

#234 Jul 9, 2013
Word to The Wise wrote:
I would vote and support any candidate for city office as long as they had no downtown ties. As long as the downtown gang has influence in St Marys the city will fail. Their leadership got us where we are to today. The downtown gang can't help who they are and they will make the same mistakes over and over until they die.
To protect the city's future they must not be allowed in public office. For example, the downtown gang are behind the Hospital Authority scandal.
By funneling all St Marys' tax revenue downtown to support and prop up termite infested buildings and failing business; the downtown gang damaged St Marys future. It will take decades for St Marys to recover.
The only member of the city council with "downtown ties" is Sydney Howell and nobody pays much attention to him. I really don't know who you think belongs to the "downtown gang."

Our city "leaders" have screwed up over and over, but I don't believe it is because they are from downtown. I think that we just keep electing inept candidates and think that, somehow, things will change.
Mike Weaver

Saint Marys, GA

#235 Jul 9, 2013
somehow, things will change.

I do agree change is what the city needs. Just remember the voters elected the current mayor and council so let's start changing from the top to the bottom
please get out and vote it's our city.
Voter

Kingsland, GA

#236 Jul 10, 2013
"It's our city"? Wow! That's one heck of a catchy slogan. You'll need more than that though, Mike. What are your positions on the "spaceport", the boathouse property, Gaines-Davis, the airport, the mill property, the HOA/Senior Center mess, water rates, development, tax incentives.....you know the stuff that matters more than you wanting to close the downtown boat ramp.
Neverdone

Kingsland, GA

#237 Jul 10, 2013
Voter wrote:
"It's our city"? Wow! That's one heck of a catchy slogan. You'll need more than that though, Mike. What are your positions on the "spaceport", the boathouse property, Gaines-Davis, the airport, the mill property, the HOA/Senior Center mess, water rates, development, tax incentives.....you know the stuff that matters more than you wanting to close the downtown boat ramp.
You may have been thinking of the vastly overbuilt sewage treatment plant when you said "water rates". That is a very soft term for the huge problem our city faces in covering the $40,000,000 debt for this facility. This could eventually prove to be the biggest problem ever faced by our council.

We need some very smart people to guide us through this mess. We also need some fiscal conservatives who pledge NOT to keep draining the city coffers on ridiculous pipe dreams like the Gilman boathouse property and water parks.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#238 Jul 10, 2013
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he's running again - as he stated at the last city council meeting.
Sorry to hear that.

Nice fellow but he hardly covered himself in glory during his last term.

Remember how and why we got the UFO decoy at the waterfront park?

Enough said.

St. Marys, GA

#239 Jul 10, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
The only member of the city council with "downtown ties" is Sydney Howell and nobody pays much attention to him. I really don't know who you think belongs to the "downtown gang."
Our city "leaders" have screwed up over and over, but I don't believe it is because they are from downtown. I think that we just keep electing inept candidates and think that, somehow, things will change.
More to the point, we need a mayor and council who are not only "not connected" to the DMA, but they need to have the balls to consistently push the DMA pigs away from the tax trough once they have had their fair share.

Unfortunately, the other 99% of us have no organization that strikes political fear into their timid, feckless hearts like the DMA does.

Districts would go a long way towards solving that problem.
Squishy Face

Saint Marys, GA

#240 Jul 10, 2013
Burt Guy thinks he will be the next city attorney. He is already whinning, dinning, and butt kissing for the job.

St. Marys, GA

#241 Jul 10, 2013
I believe Burt would find wining and dining to be more effective.

St. Marys, GA

#242 Jul 10, 2013
Read the story in today's T&G about how a Kiwanian "volunteer" trying to re-dock the dock the city donated to the St.Marys Kiwanis Club years ago for a fireworks barge managed to break off a piling, damage the ramp, and cause the DNR dock and the city dock to be closed.

Watch how this gets paid for. Remember it when you go to the polls.

Will the mayor and council dare stand up to the political action committee and DMA adjunct known as the St. Marys Kiwanis Club and demand payment before the election?
Jorge

Kingsland, GA

#243 Jul 10, 2013
Moreno Jay wrote:
I believe Burt would find wining and dining to be more effective.
The "indocrinologist" genius just can't help himself. As for Bert Guy, "whining" would be correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingsland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St Marys widows, single, and often, married wom... 53 min Jorge 8
Crime 1 hr Jorge 6
huge turn over at k.p.d. (Aug '16) 1 hr Not Anon 11
The Top 10 Global Warming Lies of the Left (Sep '15) 1 hr Moreno Jay 4
Commissioners to hear variance on Cumberland Is... 4 hr pac man 59
Looking back.......... 5 hr The Real Epic Josh 4
Salt, Pepper, and Thyme 13 hr I Remember 27

Kingsland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance