waters bend apartments **do not move ...

waters bend apartments **do not move here***

Posted in the Kings Mills Forum

Disgusted Resident

Mason, OH

#1 Dec 21, 2010
DO NOT RENT FROM THIS PROPERTY!!! The people in charge of managing this property (Carrie Regan & Chris Johnson) apparently think and I quote 'only if there is a giant hole in your celing' counts as unlivable conditions. I have made numerous complaints over the past few months regarding the daily noise and constant interruption of sleep at night and they have yet to do a thing about it. Only when I call them to let them know I am vacating the property do they bother to show concern. Apparently complaining to the person who leased me my apartment does not count as a complaint. I was told today that they haven't bothered to document half the complaints I have made AND I was repeatedly told by the property manager Carrie Regan "well you didn't talk to me about it." This place is a complete joke. Not only is there no management by the "management team" the cell phone reception is horrible at best and non-existent half of the time. Don't plan on ever making an emergency call with your cell! Nor should you bother planning to park in front of your own building. Can't even describe how comforting it is to come home from work every night (in the dark) and to have to park half a block away in a poorly lit parking lot and walk to my building.
Joe

Dayton, OH

#2 Jun 21, 2011
Get over it. I lived here and loved it they were all really nice. The apartments are very nice. You need to move somewhere like a retirement home.
Jack

Springfield, OH

#3 Jun 23, 2011
Usually the people hired as apartment managers are just people who want a cheap place to live. They generally "work" as little as possible. They don't want to be bothered by you and your never ending complaint list.
Joe

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Jun 28, 2011
The apartments are nice, and the proximity to the highway is ideal. However, the management is not what you'd expect from the North American brand. They rarely pick up trash/debris around the units, unless it's by the leasing office. The pool, hallways, and tanning room are always dirty. Also, the pool needs new paint on the sides. The parking is what it is, and unless you're on the hill facing the clubhouse it's not bad. These are not "nit-picky" complaints. I believe it's almost $800 for 1BR and $1100 for a 2BR! If you want to advertise and charge rent at luxury rates, then "keep" it up to A property standards. To be fair there's only one young maintenance guy. A 200+ community needs two. The parking I can live with.
KB Tenants

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Dec 19, 2011
I have lived in these apartments since June (approximately 6 months). I find all 3 leasing agents to be genuinely concerned when I have an issue and they are quick to respond. There are two maintenance men on the premises who do a fantastic job and are always friendly to the tenants. I understand that sometimes apartments are not what you hope for but at the same time anyone who moves into an apartment must realize that the leasing agents can only do so much when it comes to tenants. They can check their credit and make sure they will pay their rent. Other than that, when it comes to smoking, making noises when they walk, etc... there really isn't much they can do. Of course there are concerns (noise complaints such as partying) that can be taken care of by the local PD. As far as this complex, I have not had any real issues and I enjoy living in a place that has a secured entrance, new appliances, and convenient amenities (i.e. workout room, tanning bed, recycling and trash areas, pool, etc). The agents are also always trying to have community activities so we can meet our neighbors and so far they have been fun and enjoyable. I also have to say that the complex provides a safe and welcoming place for people with many different diversities.
If someone is not ready to take the risks with living in an apartment complex then I'd say look at renting or buying a house b/c until then you are going to find something to complain about at every apartment place.
Allison

Fairfield, OH

#6 Jun 19, 2012
I've lived here at Water's Bend since August of 2010. My husband and I LOVE IT HERE. We've been apartment dwellers for 7 years straight since we got married, and we have never lived somewhere that we've enjoyed like this.
First of all, there are always going to be issues when you live in an apartment...you are in close living quarters with your neighbors, so you are going to hear noise! I'm sorry but that is just a given! It's not the complex's fault...if you have issues with your neighbors being too loud, TALK TO THEM FIRST. Most people have no idea they're being as loud as they are, and they really don't want to disturb their neighbors. If it gets to the point that they don't listen to you or continue the behavior, then you can take it to the management. Basically, be a grownup. It's not their job to babysit!
Secondly, parking. Hey, we all have to park somewhere! It's going to suck. It's not the same as having your own driveway and attached garage. When a place is filled to capacity, the parking lot is going to be full. Deal with it.
Carrie and Chris were both amazing to deal with. They've always gone above and beyond for us...both have moved on since we've been here, but Niki and Adrienne are awesome as well. So kind. I've never had ANY problems with the people here...they genuinely do care about their residents. They make a point to learn your name and get to know you, and I think they're the best! And the maintenance guys are awesome too. They always wave and say hi if you pass them in the complex. AND they pick up our trash every Tuesday at our curb!
All right...everything else about this place is far and above what you are going to find anywhere else. Our apartment is gorgeous. The interior and floor plan are so well designed...we live in a one bedroom but it feels so spacious! I never feel cramped or like we're living in a tiny place! And I've never lived in an apartment that is so pretty.:) It is truly a beautiful apartment, and I feel so happy when I get home because it's so relaxing!:)
Unfortunately, my husband and I have to relocate to another state for his job, and the thing we are probably the saddest about (besides the people we will miss!) is leaving this complex! I love everything about it...the pool, the gym, the tanning bed, the beautiful grounds, the maintenance guys, the recycling center, the nice neighbors...I know this sounds like a fake review but I promise you it's not! We were just checking out apartments in our new area, and that's what prompted me to write this response. We couldn't find ANYthing that even came close to what we have here at Water's Bend. It just made us realize all over again how good we've had it here...
So thank you for being so great to us...if we ever live in the area again, we'll come right back!:) And I'll do what I can to make sure people know how great our experience has been. Gonna miss you!
loveithere

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Jun 28, 2012
Everything the above comment says is absolutely truE. My wife and I love waters bend!
cant wait to move

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Aug 25, 2012
While my husband and I understand that apartment living comes with living in close proximity to neighbors and you will hear noise, it should rise to the level of shaking your entire apartment. Everyday our neighbors are so loud with physical movement (never tv/radio) that it sounds as if they are jumping off of furniture or playing sports in the apartment. Our walls, doors, floor, and ceiling fan vibrate and shake nonstop. I have invited the management in to experience what we are experiencing because I believe it is beyond what anyone should expect at an apartment complex to no avail. They have offered to he find a new apartment at the complex but we do not want to pay more money just to move to another apartment in the same complex.

We like the maintenance staff and actual apartments, location, etc.
Jen

Columbus, OH

#9 Sep 5, 2013
We absolutely love living here! We had a few issues arise over the past month and Adrienne and the other ladies in the office and the guys on the maintenance team were so helpful and accommodating and they made sure all the issues were taken care of quickly.
The apartments are beautiful! We've never lived in such a nice place.
People will always find things to complain about and will tend to harp on the negatives. No matter where you live there will always be little annoyances. That's inevitable.
I highly highly recommend this place to anyone!
glad to move

Middletown, OH

#10 Mar 21, 2014
Pro's
- Working Professionals not home a lot with dogs. A lot of dog walking at night.(I've been here 2 years and only seen 4 small children part time).
- Maintenance Men are above and friendly. The office staff is above rude and just fake.
Con's
-Rent is way too high. AVG electric 145 and Water you pay with rent is a requirement is so high. over $72 dollars a month is a joke.
Trash is only in one spot and you have to go the back to put it in dumpster
- Management is odd.
-No one is home and never met any one but 2 people.
-If you don't live on top floor you will not like noise.
-If you live on top floor you will grow to hate the steps, you will never want to grocery shop and you will hate moving in.
-The grounds are always dirty, and no one ever cleans the hallways.
-No lighting. Screw the security gate (that everyone gets in anyway) Put up better lights to see who's going to attack you..lol just kidding.
-They say stainless steel appliance online but it's cheap plastic fake.
-after 2 years I still see same old cracks in ceiling and walls no one will fix. Also front door has never shut well. Hard to lock and when they fixed it got worse. Frame is cracked and air get's in.
- NO joke AC on balcony is so loud you can't hear anything while running. And the door where it's vented in your room leaks all kind of air and is so cold in the winter.
Work out room and tanning bed are always dirty and broken.
for the money go to the Falls.

Since: Jun 14

Fairfield, OH

#11 Jun 25, 2014
glad to move wrote:
Pro's
- Working Professionals not home a lot with dogs. A lot of dog walking at night.(I've been here 2 years and only seen 4 small children part time).
- Maintenance Men are above and friendly. The office staff is above rude and just fake.
Con's
-Rent is way too high. AVG electric 145 and Water you pay with rent is a requirement is so high. over $72 dollars a month is a joke.
Trash is only in one spot and you have to go the back to put it in dumpster
- Management is odd.
-No one is home and never met any one but 2 people.
-If you don't live on top floor you will not like noise.
-If you live on top floor you will grow to hate the steps, you will never want to grocery shop and you will hate moving in.
-The grounds are always dirty, and no one ever cleans the hallways.
-No lighting. Screw the security gate (that everyone gets in anyway) Put up better lights to see who's going to attack you..lol just kidding.
-They say stainless steel appliance online but it's cheap plastic fake.
-after 2 years I still see same old cracks in ceiling and walls no one will fix. Also front door has never shut well. Hard to lock and when they fixed it got worse. Frame is cracked and air get's in.
- NO joke AC on balcony is so loud you can't hear anything while running. And the door where it's vented in your room leaks all kind of air and is so cold in the winter.
Work out room and tanning bed are always dirty and broken.
for the money go to the Falls.
I always see people climbing the gates and getting through all the time and they have crappy lighting lol they are to expensive people from South Lebanon can't really afford to live there in leass they are drug dealers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kings Mills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Well endowed son. (Sep '13) 2 hr cumshot69691 579
Cps visit Ginger Nichols Sun Shocked 1
Nudist family fun Mar 23 James 19
Mom seen me naked Mar 22 James 16
My Son is an Exhibitionist Mar 20 Joe 27
Ryan Homes Nightmares! Mar 20 Betty 5
Brittany Paige lane Mar 16 Big j 1

Kings Mills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance