Navy To Put Women On Submarines For First Time

Oct 13, 2009 Full story: CBS2 288

Share + Oct 13, 2009 2:35 pm US/Central ST. MARYS, Ga. 1 of 1 The Navy is considering allowing women to serve aboard submarines for the first time, 16 years after bringing female sailors onto surface combat ships.

Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Amber K

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 25, 2009
Putting a female on submarines is the worst idea the military has ever came up with!
mark IV

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 25, 2009
Amber K wrote:
Putting a female on submarines is the worst idea the military has ever came up with!
why? are you afraid a torpedo will get launched into your tube?
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#3 Oct 25, 2009
Goin' down!

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#5 Oct 25, 2009
wait... so they've been allowed in on all the other branches, like infantry and airforce, but not the navy?

how come?
Did you not know

Norridgewock, ME

#6 Oct 25, 2009
Submarines is not just a job, it is a lifestyle.

“you're not the boss of me!”

Since: Jan 08

the road less traveled.....

#7 Oct 25, 2009
beatlesinthebog wrote:
Goin' down!
good one!
Subway Sailors

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 25, 2009
I'll take mine with extra meat
Hello

Knoxville, TN

#9 Oct 25, 2009
Wow! I never realized that women didn't go on Submarine missions. They are allowed to be deported into foreign countries and to fight on the battlefield but not go down in a sub. Interesting!
Amber K wrote:
Why?
Flying Donkey wrote:
wait... so they've been allowed in on all the other branches, like infantry and airforce, but not the navy?
how come?
Nobody said they couldn't join the Navy. They just have not be on submarines before.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#10 Oct 25, 2009
Damn...and I had a chance to wear the Triton...go figure. They'll probably be woof-woofs at first though...but still...90 days under the ocean...lol

“Oh smartness, where art thou?”

Since: Nov 07

Dey tuk er jerbs!

#11 Oct 25, 2009
Hello wrote:
Wow! I never realized that women didn't go on Submarine missions. They are allowed to be deported into foreign countries and to fight on the battlefield but not go down in a sub. Interesting!
<quoted text>
Why?
<quoted text>
Nobody said they couldn't join the Navy. They just have not be on submarines before.
oh i see, how come they haven't been down there before though?

i mean... why not ten years ago?
Fat Bill

Hayward, CA

#12 Oct 25, 2009
There goes the sub-reputation of the gayboyz, unless they chose a dieke so she fits right in.

“ASPIRE 2 INSPIRE B4 U EXPIRE”

Since: Jul 08

USA

#13 Oct 25, 2009
As an ex Navy man and an employee of 30 years for the navy as a civilian, I think it is an archaic system that keeps women off subs, the old fashioned superstition that women were bad luck on ships has been disproved, and now it's time to do the same for subs. The same can be said for gays in the military, I hope that soon the old prejudices against them will be abandoned and all men and women will be welcomed into the armed services.The same can be said for
Hello

Knoxville, TN

#14 Oct 25, 2009
Flying Donkey wrote:
<quoted text>oh i see, how come they haven't been down there before though?
i mean... why not ten years ago?
I don't know. I thought that was odd. I didn't realize they hadn't.
But now that I think about it when there have been problems a couple of times they crew was all men. I just didn't think anything about it.
Hello

Knoxville, TN

#15 Oct 25, 2009
REDNECK HIPPIE wrote:
As an ex Navy man and an employee of 30 years for the navy as a civilian, I think it is an archaic system that keeps women off subs, the old fashioned superstition that women were bad luck on ships has been disproved, and now it's time to do the same for subs. The same can be said for gays in the military, I hope that soon the old prejudices against them will be abandoned and all men and women will be welcomed into the armed services.The same can be said for
I was thinking - during WW2 there were hundreds of men drafted at really young ages and sent off to fight in a war. Many of them never came home. A lot who did were never the same. Using the theory of banning gays from the military - if a draft were started for the comming WW3 that's a good way for a lot of people to get out of going.
Just say, oh, I am gay. Then they are out of it.

I don't agree with the gay lifestyle but don't see what the big deal is if they are in the military. They are everywhere else. People just don't know who they are. They are fixing your food in resturants, stocking shelves at Wal Mart, and pretty much every other place in the world that people frequent every day.

Sorry, kind of drifted from the origional topic there.
Amber K

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Oct 25, 2009
mark IV wrote:
<quoted text>why? are you afraid a torpedo will get launched into your tube?
You obviously have never deployed before get your head outta your rear and ask youself why a putting women on subs hasnt been done before

“I am listening.......”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 25, 2009
Amber K wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have never deployed before get your head outta your rear and ask youself why a putting women on subs hasnt been done before
Without even considering much USA naval history, I would think that events in Pearl Harbor would be much more horrific than this one.

What are your specific complaints with women on board?

“oderint dum metuant”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 25, 2009
Females on a submarine??

Where space is a premium?
It's gonna get real tight real quick...

I could possibly see it on an SSBN that has had it's missile compartment modified.

but your gonna have to have a separate berthing and head facilities and I wonder how they will find that space??

Although you might be able to get away just separate heads and continue to hot rack..

or modify officers country?

Subcom has it's work cut out..

Since: Oct 09

Bettendorf, IA

#19 Oct 25, 2009
i think its stupid to allow women on subs. i'm not sayin that women can't do the same things as men. i just think its a bad idea. the same reason as to why women can't be special forces. women have special needs that men don't need. i've seen women on aircraft carriers and how nasty some of them can be as well as the men. one girl had kept used tampons under her matress. and some were rotting. and smelled. and on carriers we don't share racks like they do on subs. we'll have to wait and see.
Hello

Rockford, TN

#20 Oct 26, 2009
dom37262 wrote:
i think its stupid to allow women on subs. i'm not sayin that women can't do the same things as men. i just think its a bad idea. the same reason as to why women can't be special forces. women have special needs that men don't need. i've seen women on aircraft carriers and how nasty some of them can be as well as the men. one girl had kept used tampons under her matress. and some were rotting. and smelled. and on carriers we don't share racks like they do on subs. we'll have to wait and see.
So maybe the women could stay on birth control for the entire time they are down under. Not all women are as stupid as the one you just described.

I figured there would be a lot of men just jumping at the chance to put women that far under water. Of course they probably wouldn't want to give them the sub.
Bill Clinton

Redondo Beach, CA

#21 Oct 26, 2009
I perfer doing the opposite. Works for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kings Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware Moreno 4 council dot com 6 min Boris 8
scam - moreno for council com- scam 25 min Nancy 5
Bob has a problem 1 hr Bob 2
FLASH: Moron-o Outs Wrong Neighbor??? 2 hr Bob 15
Saul Alinsky: Comrade Bob Nutter's guru and men... 4 hr Bob 94
City Clown's Famous Quotes - do you have a favo... 4 hr Bob 21
EPIC Adventures Resort Kingsland $350 Million D... 4 hr allgodsarefalse 54
Kings Bay Dating
Find my Match

Kings Bay Jobs