6-year old shot by 4-year old dies

Posted in the Kings Bay Base Forum

Jill

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Apr 14, 2013
And this is exactly why I did not let my kids play at homes where parents had guns. And you should not either. Guns kill.

"TOMS RIVER, N.J.(AP)— A 6-year-old boy who was accidentally shot in the head by a 4-year-old playmate has died from his wounds, authorities said Tuesday night.

Ocean County prosecutor’s office spokesman Al Della Fave confirmed Brandon Holt had died but said he couldn’t provide further details. Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy said Holt was pronounced dead at 5 p.m. Tuesday, nearly 24 hours after the shooting occurred in a neighborhood that residents described as “very quiet.”

The 4-year-old, whose name was withheld, was not injured.

Prosecutor Joseph Coronato, speaking earlier Tuesday at a news conference, said the boy got the .22-caliber rifle from his home and it discharged accidently Monday evening. The children, whose families live in the neighborhood, were about 15 yards apart.

The younger boy’s mother called 911 to report the shooting, Coronato said."

Whole AP story: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/6-year-old-...
Ken

Saint Marys, GA

#2 Apr 15, 2013
Jill wrote:
And this is exactly why I did not let my kids play at homes where parents had guns. And you should not either. Guns kill.
"TOMS RIVER, N.J.(AP)— A 6-year-old boy who was accidentally shot in the head by a 4-year-old playmate has died from his wounds, authorities said Tuesday night.
Ocean County prosecutor’s office spokesman Al Della Fave confirmed Brandon Holt had died but said he couldn’t provide further details. Toms River police Chief Michael Mastronardy said Holt was pronounced dead at 5 p.m. Tuesday, nearly 24 hours after the shooting occurred in a neighborhood that residents described as “very quiet.”
Prosecutor Joseph Coronato, speaking earlier Tuesday at a news conference, said the boy got the .22-caliber rifle from his home and it discharged accidently Monday evening. The children, whose families live in the neighborhood, were about 15 yards apart.
The younger boy’s mother called 911 to report the shooting, Coronato said."
Drugs kill too.
Go Ahead

Saint Marys, GA

#3 Apr 15, 2013
Come on NRA followers, tell us how it's a 4 year old boy's RIGHT to accidentally kill someone, a 6 year old's RIGHT to die and parent's RIGHT to be lethally stupid. Had enough yet, America?
Jays Depends

Dornsife, PA

#4 Apr 15, 2013
Jill, Lucy, Anon, Go Ahead - you are the same person, so you aren't fooling anyone.
Jays Depends

Dornsife, PA

#5 Apr 15, 2013
Oh, I forgot, add Former Republican Woman to the list.
Anon

Kingsland, GA

#6 Apr 15, 2013
Jays Depends wrote:
Jill, Lucy, Anon, Go Ahead - you are the same person, so you aren't fooling anyone.
I dunno, they, or he, or she fooled me.
Jays Depends

Dornsife, PA

#7 Apr 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Anon, wrong IP, wrong server location.
involved parent

Kingsland, GA

#8 Apr 15, 2013
This is why children especially that age should always be supervised while playing. The children were obviously left alone long enough to look for, find and play with the gun! Why was this gun even loaded!

Parents in this case should be charged with not properly storing this gun!

I grew up with guns in our home and never had access to the guns and or ammunition! I was also taught that they were not toys!

Lack of responsibility for oneself and the children that God blessed you with is the problem!
hamp

Saint Marys, GA

#9 Apr 15, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Admitting you are a fool will not help.
No way

Saint Marys, GA

#10 Apr 15, 2013
involved parent wrote:
This is why children especially that age should always be supervised while playing. The children were obviously left alone long enough to look for, find and play with the gun! Why was this gun even loaded!
Parents in this case should be charged with not properly storing this gun!
I grew up with guns in our home and never had access to the guns and or ammunition! I was also taught that they were not toys!
Lack of responsibility for oneself and the children that God blessed you with is the problem!
Wishful thinking!

There is no way a "responsible gun owner" such as this family will be held responsible in this case or the thousand of other "accidental discharges/shootings" that occur in this country. The NRA with their Republican lackeys have made sure of that. If you ever see of a case, let us Topix readers see it too - it'll be a first.

Meanwhile, for gun crazies, thanks to the NRA and Republicans, leaving loaded, unlocked weapons in homes, cars, campers, etc., is perfectly fine. I mean what can go wrong? I'm a responsible gun owner just exercising my 2nd amendment rights to unlimited gun ownership! Show me the law stating I have to have my guns unloaded and locked? Ain't no such thing. And the Georgia Republican legislators sure as hell won't pass one. They too scared of my vote and the NRA's money!
are you kidding me ????

United States

#11 Apr 15, 2013
Jill wrote:

The younger boyÂ’s mother called 911 to report the shooting, Coronato said."

Your a yard kids drown too so not baths or pools. Kids choke so no solid foods. It's called watching your kids teach them and help them grow into a gilts. Your kid will be coming home from school at linch to get some titty. Ur what's wrong with this country
Toro Tom

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Apr 16, 2013
Ain't someone gonna provide an example or three of gun owners being held accountable like "No Way" says above don't ever happen? They are, aren't they?

And what does GA law say? Guns loaded or unloaded ok? Locked or unlocked ok? Where and when? Someone must know.
Toro Tom

Saint Marys, GA

#13 Apr 16, 2013
While trying to find answers to my own questions and requests above, I sadly report learning a 7-year old Kansas boy shot himself Sunday with a handgun in the head and died. His dad gave him the gun.

Will any accountability happen in this case either? One moving comment was something like, Every gun in a child's hands must first pass through an adults. http://ksn.com/2013/04/14/salina-boy-dies-aft...

Since: Jan 13

Camden County, GA

#14 Apr 17, 2013
Toro Tom wrote:
While trying to find answers to my own questions and requests above, I sadly report learning a 7-year old Kansas boy shot himself Sunday with a handgun in the head and died. His dad gave him the gun.
Will any accountability happen in this case either? One moving comment was something like, Every gun in a child's hands must first pass through an adults. http://ksn.com/2013/04/14/salina-boy-dies-aft...
There is not much sadder reading than reading of yet another child killed by a gun. It happens over and over and over again in our country for no reason. We have too many guns out there and too lax laws and regulations concerning guns, gun ownership, gun storage, etc.

That said, today the Senate is expected to vote to expanding background checks to purchase a gun. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of Republicans will vote against the bill. They are scared of the NRA's money and losing their jobs, not what's best for America.

Bottom line: We need less Republicans and NRA servants in elected positions. Our two senators have signaled the will vote no as well. What a shame.

And to sort of answer the issue of accountability for kids being killed like those 2 in this posting, I've never, ever, seen anyone held accountable. And I doubt we will on either of these cases either.

You can email our senators regarding the upcoming background vote by following the link below. Thank you.

http://campaigns.dailykos.com/p/dia/action/pu...
Toro Tom

Saint Marys, GA

#15 Apr 17, 2013
So 24 hours have gone by and nobody !!! has been able to provide an example of a gun owner being held accountable for shootings like listed here? Or even the GA guns laws re gun storage, locking, etc. So, maybe the other guy is right, nobody will pay for these kids unnecessary deaths. What. A. Waste.
really

Blue Ridge, GA

#16 Apr 17, 2013
1.an unloaded gun is a club

2.loaded guns should be locked-up if kids are present

3.how do you hold a parent accountable after a childs gun death? what can u possible do to the parent that is any more devestating?

4.are not the anti-gun people the pro-abortion people?

5. no one has shown/proven how the failed gun bill would have stopped one accidental shooting

6. in every state that has passed a concealed carry law the crime rate has gone down.

7. one can not legislate against stupid

Since: Dec 12

Kingsland, GA

#17 Apr 18, 2013
Where was the 'good guy with a gun'?
sadsadsad

Saint Marys, GA

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Dr_Lecter wrote:
Where was the 'good guy with a gun'?
Out with the Responsible Gun Owner.

Like the lady said, guns kill. Shouldn't be in homes with kids never.
Anon

Fpo, AP

#19 Apr 19, 2013
sadsadsad wrote:
<quoted text>
Out with the Responsible Gun Owner.
Like the lady said, guns kill. Shouldn't be in homes with kids never.
That is an ignorant statement. Cars, pools, fire, plastic, poisoning kills way more kids a year than guns. Where is the cry to get that stuff out of homes with kids?

http://www.childdeathreview.org/nationalchild...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kings Bay Base Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 17 min rename 56,635
Great news! Mil for JDA passes unanimously. 40 min picky 71
Higher Property Tax 2 hr Curious 41
Osprey Coves Polish Candidate 7 hr LonePalm 12
The Big goverment Era comes to Kingsland 8 hr Uhhuh 3
I'll tell you what, Jay........ 9 hr Really 25
Another rethuglician sentenced, what's new 9 hr Kurt 4
Kings Bay Base Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Kings Bay Base Jobs

Kings Bay Base People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE