janet lee

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2006

We were stuck on hwy 63 last night outside of Bullhead 40 miles of the Hoover Dam heading towards Vegas. I wondered if there was a report on the crash. There was several ambulances and a helicopter on the sceen. We were told everyone died in the fire. A car and a moving van type vehicle was involed, rolled over in the ditch on the side of the rode and burned to bits. Anyone got any news if there was any survivors or what happened?The long line of stopped cars was then back ended by an old man in a truck. Write with any news. Thanks
Janet Fuls

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

This is in today's Las Vegas Review Journal:

"Four people were killed in a fiery two-vehicle collision reported about 10:30 p.m. on U.S. 93 about 30 miles north of Kingman. The Department of Public Safety reported that a northbound vehicle plowed into a southbound vehicle trying to exit the highway by turning onto Pierce Ferry Road.

The victims' names were not released."
leslie depriester- mich

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

i am inquiring if anyone knows yet whom the victims of this accident were....i was told by my mother valorie peters that my step father was killed as a result of a car accident on tuesday night 6/6/06 she would'nt give me any details---can anyone tell me what happend? his name was douglas peters
Anonymous

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2006

Contact Arizona DPS (State Troopers) as they are the law enforecement entity that handled the accident.(This forum wont let me put in phone number format, so...) Their dispatch number is 9287535551.
Greg M

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2006

We saw the crash, we arrived 2 cars after the old man in the truck rear ended all of the stopped cars, we turned around and went on some dirt roads to try to get around the crash and we ended up at pierce ferry road which was where the main first crash was. We saw a motor home on it's side burnt to pieces & an SUV on it's side & we saw one person dead on the side of the road next to a cross from a previous accident, 1 lady dead in an ambulance that was parked there for a while and 1 person taken by Helicopter back to Las Vegas. We were about 50 feet from the main crash when we got to Pierce Ferry Rd & HWY 93. It appeared the motor home T-Boned the SUV that was trying to cross the freeway, but I do not know for sure. One of the vehicles, possibly the motor home was towing a small boat, I would say it was no more than 17 feet in size, it was destroyed and in the middle of the highway off of the trailer. I only saw 2 dead people and the people talking in the area said 2 had died, not 4 but I have not read about this crash anywhere so I cannot be sure.
Greg M

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2006

We saw the crash, we arrived 2 cars after the old man in the truck rear ended all of the stopped cars, we turned around and went on some dirt roads to try to get around the crash and we ended up at pierce ferry road which was where the main first crash was. We saw a motorhome on it's side burnt to pieces & an SUV on it's side & we saw one person dead on the side of the road next to a cross from a previous accident, 1 lady dead in an ambulance that was parked there for a while and 1 person taken by Helicopter back to Las Vegas. We were about 50 feet from the main crash when we got to Pierce Ferry Rd & HWY 93. It appeared the motorhome T-Boned the SUV that was trying to cross the freeway, but I do not know for sure. One of the vehicles, possibly the motorhome was towing a small boat, I would say it was no more than 17 feet in size, it was destroyed and in the middle of the highway off of the trailer. I only saw 2 dead people and the people talking in the area said 2 had died, not 4 but I have not read about this crash anywhere so I cannot be sure.
Waylon W

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2006

My Family and I were vacationing in Vegas and were on our way back to Vegas after spending the day at the Grand Canyon. We were the second vehical to stop after the accident. We hit all of the debris left on the road and stoped. We helped as much as we could. I'm just sorry that we couldn't do more. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those involved in this accident.
Jonah Carrington

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2006

Ironically, a white metal cross had been erected by the road from an accident in the distant ? past. The cross had been covered by plastic flowers, and those had faded over the years. Now, the area is charred, the cross is leaning way over, and the flowers have melted. I hope that the memorial to all of those killed in this tragic spot will be replaced.
Karla W

Effingham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2006

My husband (Waylon W) and I along with my family happened upon the accident shortly after it happened. I thought I would add a little to what he wrote earlier. The "motorhome" in question was actually a full size extended van, and the SUV, I believe was an Infiniti. The "boat" was the extended part of the van that had come detached. The Infiniti turned in front of the van and they burst in to flames. The lady was alive for a short time, but died before the medivac could evacuate her. There were 3 other deaths as well.

My husband and I were wanting to more about the people who died and their families. If anyone who knows them and would like to share we would appreciate it.
Anonymous

Kingman, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2006

The suv was north bound, headed towards Vegas. The van was south bound, and crossed the north bound lane headed onto Peirce Ferry Rd, the suv then struck the van. The "boat" was actually a fiberglass top of the van, which came off in the accident. The woman Karla W spoke of was found inside the fiberglass top, and was a local of the area, without any immediate family. She had a male companion in her vehicle, who was not a permanent local. He was ejected and died. The suv had two occupants, one that was ejected and died, the other was not ejected but was doa as well. I am unsure of their identities and locales, but all persons except for the body still in the vehicle, were identified by DPS that night. While the crews were attempting to revive the woman, another accident occurred at the end of the traffic line, as previously mentioned. That accident resulted in two injuries, which were subsequently flown out on the chopper, after the woman was pronounced dead.

All in all, a rather tragic event that could have been prevented if the van (obviously) had not turned in front of the suv, and if the suv had not been traveling at a high rate of speed, which is all to common on that stretch of Hwy 93.
Polina P

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2006

The two people in the infinity SUV were my borther(Igor) and my sister-in-law(Natasha), who was 3 months pregnant with a baby boy. This tragedy affected all of my family. Until now, I do not know any details because the police still haven't released the bodies to us. They couldn't identify the bodies at first because they were burnt so badly. It would be appreciated if a witness could give us all of the details that they witnessed, so that we have as much information as possible. Thank you for your help.
Anonymous

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2006

I'm sorry for your loss. You and your family have my sincerest condolences.

All I can tell you that hasn't already been said is that I'm sure your sister-in-law died instantly and did not suffer. From what I saw, I think your brother did not suffer either. I hope this can give you some measure of comfort in your time of grief.
Ursula

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2006

Polina,

I met Igor when he did work for my company and I can not tell you how very, very sorry I am about your loss. I talked to him approx. one month before his death and he told me about the new house and how very happy he is.

My co-worker and I cried many tears about these tragic deaths and words can not express my sadness...
Sandi

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2006

I am so sorry about your loss. Your brother did some computer consulting for my company. He knew everything there was about computers. A very nice guy! I never met his wife and he spoke well of her.
-anonymous-

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2006

on friday june 23, 2006 a tragic thing had happened. our two friends andrew & travis got in a horrible car accident. travis we are praying for you each and every day to come out of accoma and to just be living the life you were. and andrew we are praying for you also. each and everyday wanting you to be released. we understand you were having fun but im sure you understand the consequences. we love you both very much!
<3
LaruaL

Goodyear, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2009

My son was involved in a one car collition on April 20th on Highway 93 at mile marker 39.8. No one knows what happened. They say he wasn't speeding but the next thing they saw was dirt. Someone called me from his cell phone right when it happened. I would like to know who that person was and if anyone could shed some light onto what did happen. Please feel free to call me or e-mail me. Wahingtonhuskyfan@gmail.com

Thanks Laura
LaruaL

Goodyear, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

ON Febuary 20th at 108 p.m. Our 19 year old was killed in a one car collition. He was driving a red 1993 Toyota Celica with a Black top; We don't know a lot so is anyone could have seen it would possible have seen it could you please let us know. He called us 20 minutes before and he was having a great time. I am just a mom who wants some anwers. pleae e-mail me or something so we can try to put this to rest. It has been so hard not knowing what went wrong. There was a person who ised Brandon's phone to call us, I sure would like to talk to him. So if anyone has any information I would love to talk to them.
Laura Leland
Resident

Bullhead City, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Laura that is terrible news and my heart goes out to you for your loss. If your not already doing it, post on the phoenix boards also, hopefully someone will find you. Your posts mention 2 differant dates?
Laura

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

Resident wrote:
Laura that is terrible news and my heart goes out to you for your loss. If your not already doing it, post on the phoenix boards also, hopefully someone will find you. Your posts mention 2 differant dates?
It was March 20th 2009. I am sorry, my mind has been mush. Thanks so much for responding. Could you please let me know how to post on the phoenix boards.
Tim

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

People are idiots and those that don't know how to drive on the highway need to stay off and travel via air plane. People need to focus and drive more carefully especially when driving on the highway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kingman Discussions

Search the Kingman Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
time out Jul 23 festus 1
Desert Garden On OLD TRAILS Exit (Oct '11) Jul 21 John Grady 14
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Jul 21 Justin Chambers 12,131
Review: Matador Taxi Jul 17 JWP 1
Review: Kingdom Of God Jul 17 John 1
niall horan cute or naww Jul 16 blabla 2
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Jul 15 GeorgeKennerly 93
•••
•••