Malicious Censorship at the Kingman D...

Malicious Censorship at the Kingman Daily Miner

Posted in the Kingman Forum

Since: Nov 09

Bullhead City, AZ

#1 Dec 30, 2009
Today, December 30, 2009 I attempted to post a commentary to the report "Sheriff's lieutenant arrested for alleged assault on his wife".

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...

Unfortunately, my commentary was censored and 90% of my commentary were left out. Here is the 10% of my commentary that was printed:

“As much as I hate it admit it, even a corrupt Sheriff’s Deputy deserves the benefit of the doubt and should remain innocent until proven guilty.”

And here is 100% of my commentary:

“Although I know Lt. Ron Weber as an arrogant Sheriff’s Lieutenant who cares little about justice and makes his own trials in his mind “sentencing” whoever he deems guilty I can understand him not wanting to say anything about his case. His fellow Sheriff Deputies and Police Officer might just treat him the way he most likely as he might have treated civilians’ I suppose, lying in order to get an conviction, no matter if guilty or not.

Unfortunately, there are some points where I have to sympathize with Weber. Just because his wife claims he hit her, doesn’t mean he did. There are thousand if not millions of women out there who use faulty domestic violence laws as weapon against their significant other for revenge or viciousness.

As much as I hate it admit it, even a corrupt Sheriff’s Deputy deserves the benefit of the doubt and should remain innocent until proven guilty. Much to Lt. Weber’s demise however he soon will find out that his word means absolutely nothing against the word of his wife. He might as well prepare himself to be found guilty, no matter if he is or not.

I guess “As you saw so shall you reap” would be a fitting quote for Lt. Weber.”

I do have my doubts if the Kingman Daily Miner is or was a relaible news source.
Allen

Kingman, AZ

#2 Dec 31, 2009
Word B-itches!!!!!
Wannabe

Meadview, AZ

#3 Dec 31, 2009
I too have had some of my on-line comments censored, not for any derogatory comments but for a view that apparently was not shared by the editor (Mark Borgard). This and many other reasons are why I stopped my subscription to the Kingman Daily MORON two years ago, the CEO (Robin Mauser) better wake up and take charge or their just might not be a newspaper business in their future.

Bullhead City, AZ

#4 Dec 31, 2009
Not posting a commentary that does not include foul language or obvious lies, is simply censorship, and has nothing to do with free speech or free press and in some cases it is only a beginning.

The censorship at the Kingman Daily Miner went so far as to censor 90% of my commentary and with the printed 10% distorting my commentary to the opposite of what it really said. Obviously a progression of simple censorship.

Now the Kingman Daily Miner seems to have hit a new low and seem to falsify my commentaries with responding to quotes that I not only responded to, but which cannot even found in any of the many angry and often censored commentaries to the article of:“Sheriff’s lieutenant arrested for alleged assault on his wife”

I guess I am now awaiting the time when they post commentaries by themselves and add my name to it.

http://kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp...
OMH

Kingman, AZ

#5 Dec 31, 2009
Sometimes people shouldn't open their mouths or write comments. You are a perfect example. I'm pretty sure you don't know either of these people. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone to jail if his co-workers didn't feel that he was in the wrong and needed to go. I'm pretty sure she didn't give herself black eyes. I'm pretty sure there is more to the store then you will ever know. So as you assume he is innocent I then will assume you are not as stupid as you sound.
OMH

Kingman, AZ

#6 Dec 31, 2009
And I hope he reaps!!

Bullhead City, AZ

#7 Dec 31, 2009
OMH wrote:
Sometimes people shouldn't open their mouths or write comments. You are a perfect example. I'm pretty sure you don't know either of these people. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone to jail if his co-workers didn't feel that he was in the wrong and needed to go. I'm pretty sure she didn't give herself black eyes. I'm pretty sure there is more to the store then you will ever know. So as you assume he is innocent I then will assume you are not as stupid as you sound.
Sometimes people should respond to postings or write replies to postings they have not yet comprehended.

I thought my postings were pretty clear-cut and to the point. Apparently Lt. Weber and myself have crossed paths before, and that in a particular good way.

Nowhere did I say that Lt. Weber was guilty or not. Nor did I say his wife spoke the truth or simply used the outdated domestic violence laws as way to get back at him, or even set him up. That to me is of no consequence whatsoever.

What my beef is with Lt. Weber is his practice of condemning and discriminating against men who are accused of having allegedly committed domestic violence. It is indeed true that in a domestic violence case the word of the men accounts for nothing, even if they can back it up with evidence, while the word of women always seem to out way that of men.

Lt. Weber is one of those who judges accused men guilty, long before they even go to court. So, in that sense I really don’t care if he’s guilty or not, as long as this incident causes him the most possible problems and money and get him out of the MCSO. One gone, many more to go.

And it’s obvious Lt. Weber is already reaping what he sowed.
Wilson on the Sea

Kingman, AZ

#8 Jan 1, 2010
Yea well it doesn't surprise me, the quality of the sheriffs dept is pretty low. Next time you are out on the town and you see a Deputy on a traffic stop, take a good look, does he/she look like a diet is badly needed, probably so. The next time your down town, drive by the main jail and take a look at the Detention Officers, some look like they should be in the jail rather than working for it. I have never seen a sheriff with absolutely no pride in a dept. like Sheahan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rhodes Development (Mar '06) Jul 27 Jared 12,264
News 100s of inmates shipped out in aftermath of pri... Jul 26 elmer 2
Grand Vista Hotel Bullhead City Jul 23 Ksds 2
Older Woman and Younger Men. Do long term relat... Jul 19 Little Joey 2
News Exotic-animal sanctuary planned near Kingman Jul 19 Meat eater 2
Who wants to have sex Jul 19 Bubba 3
Drinking water (Dec '08) Jul 6 Thomas T 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kingman Mortgages