ODOT Using Stimulus Money To Help Sma...

ODOT Using Stimulus Money To Help Small Towns With Sidewalk Com...

There are 9 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Sep 28, 2009, titled ODOT Using Stimulus Money To Help Small Towns With Sidewalk Com.... In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The Oklahoma Department of Transportation is spending most of its $465 million in stimulus funds on roads and bridges, but not all of it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

wheelchair driver

Tulsa, OK

#1 Sep 28, 2009
I think it's great to fix those sidewalks in small towns, along with roads...it helps everyone travel safely...great decision!
wareagle

United States

#2 Sep 28, 2009
What happened to all of the unsafe bridges accross the state? Will they ever get repaired?
grateful

Tulsa, OK

#3 Sep 28, 2009
I'm trusting some roads will get fixed.
FLD

Tulsa, OK

#4 Sep 29, 2009
Why do we continue to let these so called government agencies waste money on things like this when there are certainly several other statewide pressing needs to would serve many more people. This is simply a ploy to beautify small towns and has nothing whatsoever to do with "compliance". They have been out of compliance with ADA requirements for decades and now want to change. We have been sold a bill of goods - again, and it will continue until we elect people who actually care about this state. I know that's wishful thinking. Oh well, it's Oklahoma folks.
Beth Gohusti

Claremore, OK

#5 Sep 29, 2009
Being one of those handycap people who has a scooter, I have been unable to go back to Utica Sq. shops, as the one time I was there I was forced to ride in the road as ther are very, very few ramps to get onto the pavement, I was almost hit by a car that could'nt see me, so I have never been back again....They REALY do not comply with ADA rules...So YES I think we deserve to have the money spent on this project.
Thank you for asking for the comments...Beth
Jacki Gunter

Bartlesville, OK

#6 Sep 29, 2009
As a dusabled person (in Bartlesville) the fact that they are finally deciding to fix
things for disabled people is really nice and really called for. I have an equilibrium
problem and the sidewalks are really scary - even with my cane. I walk on the
sidewalks with my heart in my throat and always saying a prayer not to fall.
Donna

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2009
I am a handicapped individual who completely agrees with spending stimulus on sidewalks to get them up to date with the ADA reg.. I have lived in several neighborhoods that have no sidewalks in them and it is hard to wheel myself around them. The main roads have updated sidewalks but the neighborhood has none at all or some have a few but the area I am in doesn't have any.
HHH

Tulsa, OK

#8 Sep 29, 2009
FLD wrote:
Why do we continue to let these so called government agencies waste money on things like this when there are certainly several other statewide pressing needs to would serve many more people. This is simply a ploy to beautify small towns and has nothing whatsoever to do with "compliance". They have been out of compliance with ADA requirements for decades and now want to change. We have been sold a bill of goods - again, and it will continue until we elect people who actually care about this state. I know that's wishful thinking. Oh well, it's Oklahoma folks.
I bet if you or some of your family were in a wheelchair, you would think otherwise. Some handicap people that live in these small towns cannot get around unless they drive their wheelchairs in the streets and then get hit by drivers. Think before you complain.
Mr Mackey

Tulsa, OK

#10 Oct 4, 2009
It appears that the Griffin corporation has a beef with the stimulus package. These reports are just pure propaganda. Channel 6 has become the Tulsa branch of KWTV in OKC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kingfisher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why have no charges been filed? Apr '18 WheresWaldo 4
News What will it take to end the teacher walkout? Apr '18 Sam 8
News Fetus Found By Deer Creek Waste Water Treatment... Mar '18 soundslike 1
News Douglass to name Shannon Watford new football c... Jan '18 Bob Up 1
Local (Oct '17) Oct '17 Native 1
Sally (Aug '17) Aug '17 Someday 1
Stacie Bivens: DUI Prostitute (Jul '17) Aug '17 Jamie Dundee 3

Kingfisher Jobs

Personal Finance

Kingfisher Mortgages