Ritzenthaler buys kitchen and cleanin...

Ritzenthaler buys kitchen and cleaning firm TesArden

There are 35 comments on the Home Textiles Today story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Ritzenthaler buys kitchen and cleaning firm TesArden. In it, Home Textiles Today reports that:

West Conshohocken, Pa. The John Ritzenthaler Co., the country's third-largest kitchen textiles company, has made its third company acquisition in seven years, this time via its purchase of kitchen textiles and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Home Textiles Today.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rita

AOL

#21 Mar 17, 2011
I finally found a substitute for the turnabout! The company is Zwipes, and they are called Super-cleaning Micro Scrubber (Dual-purpose cleaning sponge). The sponges are available at the Dollar store, so they are one dollar each. Perfect size, a little thicker than the turnabout but it's actually more comfortable to use. Check them out and give it a try. They last much longer, and are a wonderful alternative. Blessings everyone!!
Laurie

Sterling, IL

#22 Apr 26, 2011
Are you listening John Ritzenthaler Co.? You have aquired a wonderful product with a lot of people who buy it. Find out what changes had been made and FIX it! It's called good business sense to put out a quality product and keep your customer satisfied. I, too, have been a loyal Turn-A-Bout Cleaning Pad customer for many years and have noticed the decline in quality of the product, but I still purchase it because I haven't found anything better on the market. I use them at home and at my business. BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL PRODUCT. Make your customers happy and you will reap the benefits, profits and praise of loyal customers. WISE UP! Laurie Sterling, IL.
Warren

Colorado Springs, CO

#23 Apr 26, 2011
I couldn't agree more with Laurie's comments. I've been toughing it out with Turn-A-Bouts and get angry every--time I have to open up a new one because the old one pooped out after a week or two. I look forward to trying Zwipes from the Dollar Store and hope to leave these horrid new Turn-A-Bouts sitting on the shelves.
CAT

League City, TX

#24 Jun 2, 2011
J Thomas wrote:
I've been using the turn-a-bout cleaning pads as well. I use to be able to purchase them at any Wal-Mart stores now they do not sell them any where. The orginal pads held up well. I sure hope someone can get with the original makers at TresArden to correct any problems so they can be put back on the market. Can someone with the new company (Ritzenthaler)give us a feed back of what is going on with these pads and if they will be put back on the market.
Hello, I love thse turn-about cleaning pads but I cannot find them at Wal-Mart anymore. Did Wal-Mart stop selling these cleaning pads. I have been using them for years and they are great! Please post a reply if anyone knows. Thank You!
Rita

AOL

#25 Jun 3, 2011
Well now that I found the great Zwipes micro sponge at the Dollar store, they aren't there any more. Went back to get some more, and they don't have them. Also can't find them on the internet. Will let you know if I get a source.
tina galvez

Hancock, MN

#26 Oct 14, 2011
i also have used these for yrs now i will try the Dawn Flip-It Sponge looks nice and thick..
Kristina

Knoxville, TN

#27 Apr 17, 2012
Just like the rest of you, I have been using them for everything. It was actually an obsession. I bought my first one in 1989 and haven' used anything else since. I too have looked everywhere, but the only place I know for sure is a grocery chain in Texas. Had planned on picking up a dozen or so when I fly there this weekend. But, since the major decline in quality, I think I'll buy the Dawn Flip-Its instead. Thanks for the posts, everyone.
Rich

Fulton, IL

#28 Aug 16, 2012
Used Turn-a-bouts for a long time. Got them at Dollar General. Can not find them anywhere now. The sponge did fall apart quickly, but were then used to wash and wax cars. Maybe I'll bust out the sewing machine and make my own!
Lili

Menlo Park, CA

#29 Dec 13, 2012
I have finally found the first substitute I've been happy with, a new product under the brand name "Scrubbing Bubbles," called 2 in 1 Kitchen & Dish Sponge by Libman, a company with an address in Illinois, but the sponges are made in China.
Lili

Menlo Park, CA

#30 Dec 13, 2012
Also meant to tell you, I found the Scrubbing Bubbles sponges at Safeway in San Francisco.
Rita

AOL

#31 Dec 15, 2012
Try the Dawn flip it sponge, also available from Amazon.com . The construction is more like the turnabout, but much better quality.
Kelly from California

Rancho Cordova, CA

#32 Apr 19, 2013
Wow, I'm not alone in my concerns, I thought it was just me. I've been using these sponges for years and when the company was bought out the quality went to crap. I will no longer use these sponges, disappointed because they were the best sponges out there. No longer a customer of the Jumbo Turn-a-Bout sponge.
Rita

AOL

#33 Apr 19, 2013
I now use the Dawn Flip-it sponges and love them. You can get them from Amazon.com , and they are quite reasonable. I order enough to get the free shipping too. Can't beat it!
Rita

AOL

#34 Apr 19, 2013
http://www.amazon.com/3-PACK-Butler-Dawn-Flip...
This was the best price I found, you get three 2 packs, so 6 sponges for 12.55, and if you bundle with other stuff or just order for the year, you can get free shipping.(over $25) Enjoy!
Mags from Ohio

Cincinnati, OH

#35 Aug 20, 2014
I have been using Turn About for many years. I bought them from Walmart and Kmart. I bought a bunch when I found the at a store but now I'm running out of the sponge. Can't find the anywhere until one day I found Mr Clean. I figure Procter and Gamble bought the company that made Turn About because it was the same. I went to Mr. Clean website but they didn't have it advertised with their other products. I now use the sturdy Bounty paper towel to clean my dishes. It can be washed and thrown away when dirty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King of Prussia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danny s Barbershop, at 113 W. 4th St. in Bridge... May 15 Chelsie 1
Tristin Fish the hypocrite May 7 Crazy train 2
News Crisis plans important in active shooter prepar... Apr 30 going millennial 1
Bill Cosby Guilty of Puddin’ Apr 26 Joe 1
News 2 troopers accused of illegally accessing woman... Apr 26 beware of the po-po 1
News How a Main Line payday lender used an Indian tr... Apr 24 Chestnut Ridge 1
News Bill Cosby defense witness stumbles in explaini... Apr '18 Jello Pudding 2

King of Prussia Jobs

Personal Finance

King of Prussia Mortgages