Tolls on Route 422 Proposed to Fund R...

Tolls on Route 422 Proposed to Fund Road Improvements, Train Li...

There are 157 comments on the WFMZ story from Feb 20, 2009, titled Tolls on Route 422 Proposed to Fund Road Improvements, Train Li.... In it, WFMZ reports that:

A study released today on restoring passenger train service between Berks County and Philadelphia recommends a detailed study of charging a toll on Route 422 to generate the money needed not only to support the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#147 Apr 11, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
Basement Services 911 will not pay the tolls! We REFUSE to pay taxes and owe over $655,000.00 in back tax. We will not pay workers compensation as well. Basement Services 911 has filed for bankruptcy protection.
Huh?

Location hidden

#148 Apr 11, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
Basement Services 911 will file suite against the government and IRS!! This is SLANDER!!
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? OR the tolls on route 422, train line. Does any of this register?

Location hidden

#149 Apr 11, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
Basement Services 911 will file suite against the government and IRS!! This is SLANDER!!
Ah! You again. As you can see I didn't jump off a cliff.
But you're still spewing your psycho babble. What is your major malfunction?
Scott McFarland

Philadelphia, PA

#150 Apr 11, 2009
Leave Basement Services 911 out of this discussion! You people are trying to ruin me and I will not stand for it!
MAX

Tamaqua, PA

#151 Apr 11, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
Basement Services 911 is the best...they are an honest and fare company...I am gay and they still hired me.
They do sound like a fine company Scott.

Location hidden

#152 Apr 12, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
Leave Basement Services 911 out of this discussion! You people are trying to ruin me and I will not stand for it!
Does your mommy know that you're playing with the computer again Scott? Bad boy!

Location hidden

#153 Apr 12, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
Basement Services 911 will not pay the tolls! We REFUSE to pay taxes and owe over $655,000.00 in back tax. We will not pay workers compensation as well. Basement Services 911 has filed for bankruptcy protection.
OMG! This is the 3rd forum you're on that I know about. Go away Scott.

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#154 Apr 12, 2009
I have never driven on route 422. But, I have heard many horror stories about driving conditions on this particular road over the years.
Scott McFarland

Philadelphia, PA

#155 Apr 13, 2009
RSD Survivor wrote:
<quoted text> OMG! This is the 3rd forum you're on that I know about. Go away Scott.
We have a very caring staff at BS911. We care about our community and will stay here as part of the discussion. Thank you RSD for your two cents.

Perhaps we can do lunch?

Location hidden

#157 Apr 14, 2009
Scott McFarland wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a very caring staff at BS911. We care about our community and will stay here as part of the discussion. Thank you RSD for your two cents.
Perhaps we can do lunch?
Lunch?
Bowman the Snowman

Manchester Township, NJ

#159 Apr 29, 2009
stop conning everyone you addict.

lay down with dogs and you get fleas.
TeaParty

Norristown, PA

#160 May 4, 2009
Only 2% of Septa’s income comes from fares paid by users, the rest of the money comes from taxation… IT'S A LOT OF MONEY!!!
Ray

Glenolden, PA

#161 May 5, 2009
This is rediculous! What do they spend our through the roof tax dollars on? They should have fixed this road a long time ago.
Rofo for LIfe

Philadelphia, PA

#162 Jun 7, 2009
I just want everyone to know that there use to be a train that went from Reading to Philly everyday making stops. You know what happened everyone stopped riding the rails and went to driving the highways. The toll idea has been around for a long time but it will never happen. Reading and Berks County are the ones that want to toll the road Montgomery County is doind another study and they will find out that it will put more traffic on the local roads. Taxes already pay for rail service in SEPA it is called SEPTA. It is just a matter getting Norfolk Southern to let them use the rails that are ready there. If it wasnt for all the building in the area we wouldnt need the rail service. If you dont like it then either tell your local township to stop the building or move to where there is rail service. Because if the building doesnt stop your taxes will keep going up to pay for road improvements in your local township, new schools, more cops or more fire equipment.
Carla

Philadelphia, PA

#163 Jun 7, 2009
What role does the state play in this? Didn't I just read they are thinking of raising taxes? And how about the gas tax--anything left for road repair? It is amazing there are so many pockets supposedly for road repair, but when it comes down to it, they have to ask for a toll? Maybe they can just sell it to a foreign country or something....
Rofo for life

Wallingford, PA

#164 Jun 9, 2009
Berks county was the one that raised the issue first then Montco latched on. Berks needs to toll the roll to raise money for their half of the rail system, Montco has some people that want to toll it for the same reason. But think about this most of the people in charge in Norristown if not all arent affected by tolling 422. They dont want their taxes to go up to pay for our rail line. But in reality we all pay for a rail line in other areas because SEPTA is funded by fairs and taxes of PA residents. I rather see them raise fairs before taxes and tolling of 422. But that wont happen and years and years ago there was rail service from philly to reading going through Phoenixville, Royersford, Pottstown. It was called the Reading Railroad, between people not riding the rails and amtrak that stopped. So why would it be any different now. And as for someone who lives near the tracks that they would use we have enough rail traffic as it is with Freight traffic and I dont want anymore trains coming through Royersford.
Anti James Bowman

Eastpointe, MI

#165 Nov 17, 2009
You lost!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King of Prussia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the old Devon Hotel (May '07) Nov 23 Devon 8
News Alleged Delco Nostra leader waives preliminary ... (Nov '08) Nov 19 bubba navy 68
Sharon Fedak- Dennis Ridatti Nov 18 I have a life 14
News Clinton supporters line up for candidate's visi... Nov 15 Cheech the Conser... 6
News Lawyer: Cosby expects to be cleared and resume ... Nov 13 Geezer 2
News Judge: Collection firm's fees illegal (Mar '08) Nov 10 silly rabbit 47
Sharon Lynn Fedak & Family of thieves. Nov 7 Shamir 6

King of Prussia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

King of Prussia Mortgages