US-52 Reopened After Truck Hauling Fi...

US-52 Reopened After Truck Hauling Fireworks Catches Fire

There are 22 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 6, 2010, titled US-52 Reopened After Truck Hauling Fireworks Catches Fire. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Crews have reopened US-52 southbound near King after a truck hauling fireworks caught fire Tuesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
question_everyth ing

Pfafftown, NC

#1 Jul 6, 2010
Hummm.....if the truck was going from Rural Hall to W-S (south of Rural Hall) then why was it near Pinnacle (north of Rural Hall)? Doesn't make since.
question_everyth ing

Pfafftown, NC

#2 Jul 6, 2010
*sense
John in High Point

AOL

#3 Jul 6, 2010
I bet he had no placards on the unit ?
Dan

United States

#4 Jul 6, 2010
question_everything wrote:
Hummm.....if the truck was going from Rural Hall to W-S (south of Rural Hall) then why was it near Pinnacle (north of Rural Hall)? Doesn't make since.
Ok, your comment doesn't make sense. If you are traveling southbound first is Pinnacle, King, Rural Hall. The trucj was traveling soutbound near King going towards Winston??
rural hall

Fairport, NY

#5 Jul 6, 2010
why, why, why. who cares. What did the fire works show look like?
Melissa

Winston Salem, NC

#6 Jul 6, 2010
Ok I was the one with the fireworks. we were coming from Pilot Mountian so that is why it was at pinicale
Melissa

Winston Salem, NC

#7 Jul 6, 2010
we packed all the fireworks up last night. then we went home.. which was in pilot mountian. That is why we were at pinicle. it was mile marker 128
Teresa Barber

Graham, NC

#8 Jul 6, 2010
They were in one of those tents set up. You see them everywhere. What I want to know is why does the company expect THEM to haul the fireworks?!?!?! Lives could have been lost here...who gives a damn what the show looked like!!!!! That was an insensitive comment by far!
watch out

Kernersville, NC

#9 Jul 6, 2010
I bet the scene there was explosive!
Teresa Barber

Graham, NC

#10 Jul 6, 2010
and to be technical...the truck didn't catch fire...get it right fox8! They were able to get the truck detached from the trailer thanks to the spare fire extinquisher that Melissa took at the company's dismay...this company is CROOKED!
lovesall

Winston Salem, NC

#11 Jul 6, 2010
Melissa, I am glad that you and everyone else near the scene did not get injured.
Melissa

Winston Salem, NC

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Thanks. It could have been a lot worse than what it was. It was just luck that we grabbed that extra fire extinguisher.. some may call it stealing i call it God telling us to grab it!!!!!!!!!!
Melissa

Winston Salem, NC

#13 Jul 6, 2010
funny yeah right 15000 dollars of fireworks is nothing but a 1000 pound bomb the people who thinks its funny should put that much in there truck and light it my family's life was in great danger i guess it would not be funny if someone had gotten KILLED. I feel like it should be the company's responsibility to come back and pick up the fireworks, the same way that they dropped them off!!!!
question_everyth ing

Pfafftown, NC

#14 Jul 6, 2010
@Melissa--so glad everyone was uninjured. Nothing funny about this at all. Very dangerous to haul any type of explosives. Thank goodness ya'll had that extinguisher!

(Oh, and thanks for clarifying the story. I figured the news had the story mixed up. Happens a lot these days on all of the news reports, not just this station.)
question_everyth ing

Pfafftown, NC

#15 Jul 6, 2010
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, your comment doesn't make sense. If you are traveling southbound first is Pinnacle, King, Rural Hall. The trucj was traveling soutbound near King going towards Winston??
Yes, Dan. I understood that. However, the news stated they were hauling the fireworks from Rural Hall to W-S and were in the southbound lane. That would put them south of the exit where the accident happened which didn't make any sense.

Melissa was kind enough to clarify that they were traveling from Pilot this morning and not from Rural Hall as was reported.
Melissa

Winston Salem, NC

#16 Jul 6, 2010
Thanks to all of you who are considerate, and who know that this could have been worse than it was
uhaul

Thomasville, NC

#17 Jul 7, 2010
What did they hold a bottle rocket to your head last I check you cant make a women do anything they done want to, To let you in on the rule everyone is allowed to laff when no one is hurt. I mean you were driving this crap not us and yes I find it funny as H#$$ you were not hurt and quit being so dramatic.. Glad I dont know any of you what a bunch of drama queens....:) maybe the Dmv should check your permits.
what

Kernersville, NC

#18 Jul 7, 2010
Noone was hurt. I dont see the harm about laughing @ a few jokes.
somewhere

King, NC

#19 Jul 7, 2010
When haulin that kinda commodity shuld have never went home go straight to warehouse dummy.
Melissa

Winston Salem, NC

#20 Jul 7, 2010
Well when you load the stuff up at 8 pm at night, and you can't turn it in until 8 am the next morning, You have no choice but to go home. You guys wouldnt be laughing it was you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.C. town sued over sculpture of soldier with c... Jun 29 Spotted Girl 3
Should I take suboxen May '15 needing help 1
Review: Pampered Pooch Pet Salon (Dec '13) May '15 Doggy dad 2
does anyone know john pickering Apr '15 johntruckdriver 1
News War Vet Asks King To Remove Cross From Memorial (Sep '10) Apr '15 Anonymous 44
michelle sweeney Mar '15 wvu fan 1
Jimmy Mar '15 kkkaren 2
More from around the web

King People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

King Mortgages