Update: Driver Charged in Cyclist's D...

Update: Driver Charged in Cyclist's Death

There are 66 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Update: Driver Charged in Cyclist's Death. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A King woman was charged with misdemeanor death by vehicle after she struck two cyclists in Winston- Salem last week, killing one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
splat

High Point, NC

#64 Aug 3, 2010
You know what? It's not about who pays more taxes, who has insurance, or who has a legal right to be there. The bottom line is this. He knew the dangers of putting himself in harms way, and HE alone made the choice to do it. He challenged death and he lost. Simple as that. Will you be the next cyclist to take Death's challenge? Will the consequences be worth it if you lose? If you answer yes, I hope you remember this in your last moments of life. You could have avoided this if you had JUST stayed out of traffic, dumb**s.
preacher1

Pfafftown, NC

#65 Aug 4, 2010
observer wrote:
<quoted text>is it a shame to charge someone that by her negligence took the life of a beloved member of someone's family & seriously injured another.the roads aren't just for cars. you just don't get it & evidently never will. more people should be riding bikes to work, as it would be better for the environment & for their health. drivers bear the responsibility of paying attention to what they're doing every time they get behind the wheel. her bad driving took a life of a man that was doing nothing wrong. i guess if you got killed by a tractor trailer on an interstate, it would be okay as he pays more road tax than you & you were in his way. how illogical & callous can you be. i feel sorry for your soul come judgement day. nobody would've been hurt if she hadn't been in such a rush & had been paying attention to the road & surroundings as required by law. like it or not' bikes are legal on roads, as are horses(which roads were originally built for) & farm equipment & it is the drivers responsibility to safely make it around them. the ignorance of many people in the world amazes me.
Man observer you are the one who just doesn't get it. She was paying attention to her driving not some nut case out riding a cycle during morning work traffic. Why not wait an hour and let the traffic ease off? Duh
preacher1

Pfafftown, NC

#66 Aug 4, 2010
splat wrote:
You know what? It's not about who pays more taxes, who has insurance, or who has a legal right to be there. The bottom line is this. He knew the dangers of putting himself in harms way, and HE alone made the choice to do it. He challenged death and he lost. Simple as that. Will you be the next cyclist to take Death's challenge? Will the consequences be worth it if you lose? If you answer yes, I hope you remember this in your last moments of life. You could have avoided this if you had JUST stayed out of traffic, dumb**s.
spalt, you get it and hit the nail on the head. Every day you hear of a death or serious injury to those who do not think about the danger of riding at such slow speeds during morning work traffic.

“WHERE's DA JOBS Boehner? ”

Since: Dec 08

Carswell Hollow, W.Va.

#67 Aug 4, 2010
May God rest the soul of the departed..

“WHERE's DA JOBS Boehner? ”

Since: Dec 08

Carswell Hollow, W.Va.

#68 Aug 4, 2010
Such Death should never happen. Sad indeed.
whatever

Greensboro, NC

#69 Aug 11, 2010
somewhere wrote:
<quoted text>GO HOME
Amen! GTFO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Aug 4 Derwin flinchum 88
Black Honda Civic/looked like spoon wheels Jul '17 Twag06 2
Local bands in king (Apr '08) Dec '16 My Tats 2
who is this sexy tatted up white guy? he just ... (Apr '11) Dec '16 My Tats 6
News N.C. town sued over sculpture of soldier with c... (Jan '15) Dec '16 Spotted Girl 4
Vote for Donald J Trump (Oct '16) Oct '16 MAGA 1
trick or treating (Oct '11) Oct '16 Sheltiemama 2

King Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

King Mortgages