Veteran Claims He Filed Complaint About Christian Flag

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP 61
A war veteran who served in Afghanistan claims he initiated the complaint with the King city manager and filed complaints with the ACLU about the Christian Flag being flown at the Veterans Memorial in King. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
firedad

Greensboro, NC

#1 Sep 17, 2010
I'll be Steve's "real" name is Muhammad

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 17, 2010
Let's hope Steve off's himself rather soon.
opec

Mount Airy, NC

#3 Sep 17, 2010
If one person can bring down a city, then perhaps one MAN can bring them back to their senses.
Joey

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2010
Steve, you still have no guts, that probably isn't even your name. You think government and city property is no place for religion?? This country was founded on Christian beliefs. God should be above all and included in all. That's the reason the country is in the condition it is in today, because of people like you who say God has no place. If we got God back in government, government would be better. Why don't you want to take down the American flag that you fought for as well??? It's the flag of a Christian nation, it's the flag of one nation under GOD. Maybe you should go find you another to country to live in..I'm sure there are plenty of citizens in King, NC and all over that will gladly help you pack your bags!!
opec

Mount Airy, NC

#5 Sep 17, 2010
firedad wrote:
I'll be Steve's "real" name is Muhammad
Never mind my comment. I took a second look at the story.

But perhaps he's not a Mohammad, but an atheist. And if that's the case, then we should remove ALL flags. The reason, because then the only other flag he believes in are the government flags.
sir william

Greensboro, NC

#6 Sep 17, 2010
Why you hiding? If you are brave enough to "serve" our country, then you should be brave enough to man up to your accusations! Or did you really serve?
Kate

Greensboro, NC

#7 Sep 17, 2010
Soldiers of all faiths, creeds, races, ethnicities, and gender have died for this country since 1776. To single out only one (or prevailing) trait is doing a complete disservice to all that have served. Good for the city of King.

We were also founded as a "white man's" nation. I suppose you would support a "Caucasian male" flag as well should that be hoisted up a flagpole.
Kevin

Clemmons, NC

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Kate, is something bothering you, honey? Oh, do tell us about it!
Heather

Clemmons, NC

#9 Sep 17, 2010
Too bad "Steve" also know as the man lacking the guts to stand behind what he believes instead of hiding behind a pseudonym didn't die in Afghanistan. I'm so tired of people looking for their 15 minutes of fame so they find something to b**** about so they can get attention. My brother has also served in Iraq and Afghanistan and almost lost his life doing so. He does not claim to be a Christian nor does he participate in any religious affliations but he does respect that people do have pride and compassion for what they believe in. He is not offended or hurt emotionally or physcially when he see religious items as he travels thru a town or when he observes a landmark. I can't see how this flag or any other religious represenation of any denomiation could inflict harm or emotional distress on anyone unless they walked too close and got popped in the face.
Crazy

Mooresville, NC

#10 Sep 17, 2010
Steve I don,t believe you ever served in any branch of military. Because if so you wouldn't be worried about what any body thinks or says. You would have learned by now to stand for what you believe and face the enemy head on not hide behind a fake name . Thats like spitting in the face of every soldier in Afganistan we don't send cowards to serve and protect this country . I can't wait till they find out that you are lying about the whole story then we'll know exactly why your hiding behind a fake name .
Chris

Roanoke, VA

#11 Sep 17, 2010
How is "Steve" not imposing his belief on us by making us take the flag down? If he beleives the flag should not be flown, then he should just not look at it. Sorry Steve, I am thinking the rest of us should not have to pay the price to make you happy. Let's vote on it! Let the citizens of King decide if the flag should stay or go.
Kate

Greensboro, NC

#12 Sep 17, 2010
I just enjoy pointing out the underlying hypocrisy of the "our country was founded as..." argument.
lmb

Villa Rica, GA

#13 Sep 17, 2010
Kate- We were also founded as a "white man's" nation. I suppose you would support a "Caucasian male" flag as well should that be hoisted up a flagpole.

You are almost as dumb as this Steve character! Why dont you 2 pack your bags and go to Iraq?
opec

Mount Airy, NC

#14 Sep 17, 2010
Crazy wrote:
Steve I don,t believe you ever served in any branch of military. Because if so you wouldn't be worried about what any body thinks or says. You would have learned by now to stand for what you believe and face the enemy head on not hide behind a fake name . Thats like spitting in the face of every soldier in Afganistan we don't send cowards to serve and protect this country . I can't wait till they find out that you are lying about the whole story then we'll know exactly why your hiding behind a fake name .
Careful Crazy, most of us are using fake names in here! LOL But I do agree with you.

He can speak out, in the open, because he doesn't have to worry about homeland security coming after him. It's those that stand and speak out like we do that DHS wants to do away with. We may not agree with "steve", but we do agree with his(?) rights and allow him(?) a voice.

One man, and a communist organization (aclu).
FireEricMangini

High Point, NC

#15 Sep 17, 2010
Well the other option is to fly any other religions flag if they so desire.
john in high point

AOL

#16 Sep 17, 2010
this aka steve is a sorry excuse for a soldier. he is completely against the code of conduct as he is the united states of america. AKA Steve, you are a terrosist and should be sent back over so shrapnal could damage some skin. I know I sound cruel but this so called soldier is a scum bag if ever told.
opec

Mount Airy, NC

#17 Sep 17, 2010
lmb wrote:
Kate- We were also founded as a "white man's" nation. I suppose you would support a "Caucasian male" flag as well should that be hoisted up a flagpole.
You are almost as dumb as this Steve character! Why dont you 2 pack your bags and go to Iraq?
What if they are the same person?
Patti Kiser

King, NC

#18 Sep 17, 2010
My question to "Steve" is, Did you pay any King, Stokes County or even NC taxes? Did you buy one of those $100 or $150 placques? If I have to keep my "religion" on my property then you should keep your non-religion on yours!
Kris

Greensboro, NC

#19 Sep 17, 2010
Joey wrote:
Steve, you still have no guts, that probably isn't even your name. You think government and city property is no place for religion?? This country was founded on Christian beliefs. God should be above all and included in all. That's the reason the country is in the condition it is in today, because of people like you who say God has no place. If we got God back in government, government would be better. Why don't you want to take down the American flag that you fought for as well??? It's the flag of a Christian nation, it's the flag of one nation under GOD. Maybe you should go find you another to country to live in..I'm sure there are plenty of citizens in King, NC and all over that will gladly help you pack your bags!!
I am sorry Joey, our country was not founded on Christian beliefs. Our founding fathers wanted everyone in America to have religious freedom and not have someone else's (the government's) religion shoved down their throats. They were protecting us from having the same fate that much of Europe was going through with being at the mercy of the Catholic Church or the monarchy that can change the national religion at any given moment.
We are not a Christian nation. We never have been and never will be. The Constitution protects the minority (non-Christian) from having the majority's (Christian) beliefs imposed upon them when they are in public, at work or in school.(Unless you choose to attend a private school or work for a religious company) If you do not like living in a country where people have religious freedom, where people can practice their own personal religion in their home or place of worship or where you and others are not forced to change religions to suit your government's narrow-minded view, then move somewhere else. This is the land of the free and many, many people (including my own ancestors) have fought throughout this country's history to make sure that bigots like you do not take away the rights of the everyone.
And just so you know, I am a Christian that agrees with Steve. If the Christian flag is flown there, then every religion needs to be represented. This is a publicly supported memorial. This is not on private property where a Christian flag is more than welcome to be flown. If you want to create your own memorial in your front yard and fly a Christian flag then have at it, but it is not appropriate there.
Also, it is nice to see how many people on this forum are showing off their excellent "Christian" behavior. I am sure Jesus would be proud.

Since: Dec 09

Clemmons, NC

#20 Sep 17, 2010
Patti Kiser wrote:
My question to "Steve" is, Did you pay any King, Stokes County or even NC taxes? Did you buy one of those $100 or $150 placques? If I have to keep my "religion" on my property then you should keep your non-religion on yours!
What???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Oct 9 Rambob 86
kingfest Oct 8 City girl 1
Review: Boutique Hoarders Sep '14 Michelle D 1
McGee Farms Sep '14 Mate 1
Missing girl - Tabitha Shae Krenson Jul '14 Sunny 2
Review: Dance Unveiled (May '13) Apr '14 cainlee brewer 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - King, NC (Feb '12) Mar '14 pat j 16
King Dating
Find my Match

King Jobs