Who do you support for Sheriff in Nor...

Who do you support for Sheriff in North Carolina (Stokes County) in 2010?

Posted in the King Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Gwen McDaniel

Matthews, NC

#1 Oct 14, 2010
Mike is the best man for the job. Barry does not have what it takes
Ms Independent

Clemmons, NC

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Barry has already proven himself unreliable in a leadership position.
stokes resident

Lewiston Woodville, NC

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Barry does not possess the integrity or leadership qualities of what this County needs as its sheriff. If he is elected, his wife will run the department.
tommy

Holly Springs, NC

#4 Oct 15, 2010
i dont like mike marshall he is a no better than we have help the drug pusher
live in stokes

Holly Springs, NC

#5 Oct 15, 2010
when i go by a drug house and i see a sign for mike marshall what does that tell you
CORNBREAD

Durham, NC

#6 Oct 15, 2010
Ms Independent wrote:
Barry has already proven himself unreliable in a leadership position.
Please explain.
mel

Pittsboro, NC

#7 Oct 15, 2010
no brainer

Since: Jan 08

Clemmons, NC

#8 Oct 15, 2010
CORNBREAD wrote:
<quoted text> Please explain.
Conaway had a chance to be a leader in our community when he was police chief and he failed. He and his wife continue to stir up trouble in Walnut Cove, I really don't think they need the chance to spread their malfeasance to the rest of Stokes county.
Ms Independent

Clemmons, NC

#9 Oct 15, 2010
CORNBREAD wrote:
<quoted text> Please explain.
Mr. Conaway was fired from his position as Chief of Police in Walnut Cove. If he wasn't capable of behaving with integrity in that position, I seriously doubt he'd fare better as Sheriff.
Anonymous

Clemmons, NC

#10 Oct 16, 2010
All I can say is GOD BLESS STOKES COUNTY! We have 2 running for Sheriff that will not return calls or do anything to respect the citizens. I've dealt with both and Conaway...well...so much for his "Open Door Policy" when he will not even return your calls. Mike Marshall either flat out lied to me about a serious situation or someone else had him by the nads. If someone had him by the nads as the Captain then who will lead him around by them as Sheriff is my question. He did NOTHING to protect me! I say we need a woman for Sheriff...someone with some damned NADS. GOD BLESS THIS COUNTY CAUSE WE NEED IT! Stokes County has been known in Raleigh as "The Crookedest F---ing Pig Path EVER Run Across"!
Yeah Mike Joyce is a nice fellow...but... nice doesn't protect citizens and their rights!
covian

Waterloo, Canada

#11 Oct 16, 2010
Well, if you want a woman for sheriff, vote for Conaway. Then his wife can run the Sheriff's Dept just like she did the fire and police departments.
In the know

High Point, NC

#12 Oct 17, 2010
Conaway also stole records from the police department and the D.A. had no nads to prosecute!!!
No Secrets

United States

#13 Oct 17, 2010
Mike has 23 years experience and 20 of that under Mike Joyce. It qualified and up to date on Law enforcement and all aspects of the office. He will make a great sheriff from day 1
No Secrets

United States

#14 Oct 17, 2010
live in stokes wrote:
when i go by a drug house and i see a sign for mike marshall what does that tell you
It should tell you that he is running for Sheriff is you are capable of reading!!!!
No Secrets

United States

#15 Oct 17, 2010
about the village idiots wrote:
All I can say is GOD BLESS STOKES COUNTY! We have 2 running for Sheriff that will not return calls or do anything to respect the citizens. I've dealt with both and Conaway...well...so much for his "Open Door Policy" when he will not even return your calls. Mike Marshall either flat out lied to me about a serious situation or someone else had him by the nads. If someone had him by the nads as the Captain then who will lead him around by them as Sheriff is my question. He did NOTHING to protect me! I say we need a woman for Sheriff...someone with some damned NADS. GOD BLESS THIS COUNTY CAUSE WE NEED IT! Stokes County has been known in Raleigh as "The Crookedest F---ing Pig Path EVER Run Across"!
Yeah Mike Joyce is a nice fellow...but... nice doesn't protect citizens and their rights!
Maybe you should tell the whole story. The Sheriff dept does return calls and helps in everyway the can. Mike Marshall is a very efficient Officer and has always taken care of calls. So maybe if you filled in the rest of the story it would explain a lot!
whatever

Fayetteville, NC

#16 Oct 17, 2010
i feel he has all the County at heart
whatever

Fayetteville, NC

#17 Oct 17, 2010
Maybe Mike didnt have anything to do with the signs being put in the yards they can pick them up anywhere
marsupialmom

Lewiston Woodville, NC

#18 Oct 20, 2010
Mike is a man of integrity, and he has the people skills, discipline, and experience to get the job done. I have known his opponent for several years, and his opponent simply does not possess the same qualities.
please

Tarboro, NC

#19 Oct 21, 2010
PLEASE do not vote for Barry Conaway. This man only wants to be Sheriff to continue the pattern of self service and corruption he established in Walnut Cove. A vote for Conaway is a vote for corruption and a vote against the positive direction that our Sheriff's Department needs. Please, consider the future of our county and do not vote for this man.
BigDog

Fayetteville, NC

#20 Oct 27, 2010
He is the olny one for the Job

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local bands in king (Apr '08) Dec '16 My Tats 2
who is this sexy tatted up white guy? he just ... (Apr '11) Dec '16 My Tats 6
News N.C. town sued over sculpture of soldier with c... (Jan '15) Dec '16 Spotted Girl 4
Vote for Donald J Trump (Oct '16) Oct '16 MAGA 1
trick or treating (Oct '11) Oct '16 Sheltiemama 2
Looking for Terry Walden (Apr '16) Apr '16 info please 1
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Feb '16 Laura 87

King Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

King Mortgages