Holy War Brews Over Nixed Christian Flag

Oct 7, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Residents CoResidents of a North Carolina town are flying the Christian flag from private buildings and homes in a sign of protest following a decision by town leaders to remove the flag from a town memorial after being threatened by an ACLU lawsuit.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Oct 12, 2010
Nancy Olon - Florida

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

I would like to say to the residents of King, FLY THOSE FLAGS PROUDLY! I am so sick and tired of the ACLU fighting against the will of the majority because one person is offended. Since when does the minority rule the majority. The ACLU should go the way of ACORN. America...we need to rise up and take our Country back!
Tamerlane

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Nancy Olon - Florida wrote:
I would like to say to the residents of King, FLY THOSE FLAGS PROUDLY! I am so sick and tired of the ACLU fighting against the will of the majority because one person is offended. Since when does the minority rule the majority. The ACLU should go the way of ACORN. America...we need to rise up and take our Country back!
This has nothing to do with ACORN, teabagger.

Civil rights ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE WHIM OF THE MAJORITY, civics class flunkee.

And what have you to say about these ACLU cases, silly person?
http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com
Angelus1967

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

Nancy Olon - Florida wrote:
You really don't know anything about how your own country is governed do you Nancy? We are not governed by majority rule, we are actually a representative democracy and we follow the laws set down in the Constitution which does have a little clause in there to keep church and state as separate entities.
The minority does NOT rule the majority or vice versa. The park in King where this memorial is, is a public park, paid for by the taxpayers. The monument was partially paid for by taxpayers also. You can't make a religious statement, whihc the flag is, on public property as it then becomes the government picking a religion. If Christians such as yourself want to fly your little flag then the rest of us get to fly ours also...and y'all will NOT like what we fly.
susanm

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2010

Judged:

The park was paid for by the taxpaying citizens of King, as well as the monument. It belongs to us. Everyone from other countries come to America and we as Americans Accept their religions and, traditions and beliefs. They need to stop trying to take ours away because ours offends them. This country was built on God and church. For those who do not beleive in our religion, no one is holding you here. We allow you to worship as you please, the Right is also ours. When ever there is a diaster or tradgedy, every one thanks God if they survive and wants prayer to help recover. If Christians offend someone, maybe they should move to a third world country. America is First.
Tamerlane

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

susanm wrote:
The park was paid for by the taxpaying citizens of King, as well as the monument. It belongs to us. Everyone from other countries come to America and we as Americans Accept their religions and, traditions and beliefs. They need to stop trying to take ours away because ours offends them. This country was built on God and church. For those who do not beleive in our religion, no one is holding you here. We allow you to worship as you please, the Right is also ours. When ever there is a diaster or tradgedy, every one thanks God if they survive and wants prayer to help recover. If Christians offend someone, maybe they should move to a third world country. America is First.
Nobody is taking anything away from you.

Our Constitution and the court decisions interpreting it mandate a religiously-neutral government. What exactly is your problem with that?

And spare us the "no atheists in foxholes" nonsense for once.
King Sentry

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Judged:

Great,,,,, A new Forum. Let us try to keep this one from abusive language, personal attacks and condescending remarks. Adhering to an intelligent discussion of the subject would be a fresh and welcomed change and should provide everyone with enlightenment. What a person believes or does not believe, provides no excuse for persecution and inflammatory remarks from either side of the argument.
Sullivan

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

The 2009 High Court ruling allows cities to choose which donated mounuments they will accept. It does not say they have to accept all monuments. It was an unanimous decision by the High Court. Just to note: The State of North Carolina reconginizes God
NORTH CAROLINA STATE CONSTITUTION
PREAMBLE
We, the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for the preservation of the American Union and the existence of our civil, political and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those blessings to us and our posterity, do, for the more certain security thereof and for the better government of this State, ordain and establish this Constitution.

I believe the City of King could win this fight it it went to court. The questions I have is, should we fight this battle or should we purchase this small patch of land for the Veterans?
Thanks to the local Fox News and the Cable Fox news offers of money to do either is coming in from across the country. Thankfully people from across the country wants to help King carry this burden.
Tamerlane

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Sullivan wrote:
The 2009 High Court ruling allows cities to choose which donated mounuments they will accept. It does not say they have to accept all monuments. It was an unanimous decision by the High Court. Just to note: The State of North Carolina reconginizes God
NORTH CAROLINA STATE CONSTITUTION
PREAMBLE
We, the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for the preservation of the American Union and the existence of our civil, political and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those blessings to us and our posterity, do, for the more certain security thereof and for the better government of this State, ordain and establish this Constitution.
I believe the City of King could win this fight it it went to court. The questions I have is, should we fight this battle or should we purchase this small patch of land for the Veterans?
Thanks to the local Fox News and the Cable Fox news offers of money to do either is coming in from across the country. Thankfully people from across the country wants to help King carry this burden.
Well too bad for you the North Carolina Constitution isn't going to be considered here.
And it is a preamble anyway, which is not a source of law.
Went to law school at Liberty University, I presume? LOL
Sullivan

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Tamerlane wrote:
<quoted text>
Well too bad for you the North Carolina Constitution isn't going to be considered here.
And it is a preamble anyway, which is not a source of law.
Went to law school at Liberty University, I presume? LOL
Actually I just added the preamble as a note. It was something I didn't know and thought others may be interested in it. As far as this going to court, I believe that it is not a guarantee that the ACLU would win or the City. The judges will decide it. I believe 2009 Pleasant Grove win against the ACLU will come into it. But from what I hear the city is giving consideration into either allowing the Veterans to buy it or perhaps deeding the small patch of land to them. As far as you attempting to throw an insult into your post, I will not respond to it.
Sullivan

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

King Sentry wrote:
Great,,,,, A new Forum. Let us try to keep this one from abusive language, personal attacks and condescending remarks. Adhering to an intelligent discussion of the subject would be a fresh and welcomed change and should provide everyone with enlightenment. What a person believes or does not believe, provides no excuse for persecution and inflammatory remarks from either side of the argument.
Thank you for your post. You are exactly right. We all needed to hear this advice, including me.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2010

Good, fly those flags. At least now they are obeying constitutional law. Sounds like these town people learned something over the course of this complaint.

They should thank the ACLU for helping further their education.
shirley

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Angelus1967 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't know anything about how your own country is governed do you Nancy? We are not governed by majority rule, we are actually a representative democracy and we follow the laws set down in the Constitution which does have a little clause in there to keep church and state as separate entities.
The minority does NOT rule the majority or vice versa. The park in King where this memorial is, is a public park, paid for by the taxpayers. The monument was partially paid for by taxpayers also. You can't make a religious statement, whihc the flag is, on public property as it then becomes the government picking a religion. If Christians such as yourself want to fly your little flag then the rest of us get to fly ours also...and y'all will NOT like what we fly.
Well the only thing that i have to say about that is if you don't like living in AMERICA go back from where you came we did not invite here
Santa

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

susanm wrote:
Good christians don't tell people to move to other countries...they turn the other cheek.

And it is a falsehood to believe this country was built on god and church. Why do you think there is a separation between church and state?
Tamerlane

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Judged:

Well at least Sullivan recognizes that accusing someone of attending Liberty University is an insult.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

shirley wrote:
<quoted text>Well the only thing that i have to say about that is if you don't like living in AMERICA go back from where you came we did not invite here
Why is it when people have no argument, cause there is none, all they ever say is "well, if you don't like it, go back from where you came from, err."

Why can't you just fess up that you are wrong, and move on.
Angelus1967

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2010

Judged:

shirley wrote:
<quoted text>Well the only thing that i have to say about that is if you don't like living in AMERICA go back from where you came we did not invite here
Oh ANOTHER one of you Jesus freaks who feels they own the country coming out with a kindegarteners retort. Wow, applause for you...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent King Discussions

Search the King Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 14 min Delinger 56,257
Missing girl - Tabitha Shae Krenson Sun concerned 1
Review: Dance Unveiled (May '13) Apr '14 cainlee brewer 3
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Mar '14 Christine Colucci 82
Debate: Gay Marriage - King, NC (Feb '12) Mar '14 pat j 16
Debate: Marijuana - King, NC (Aug '10) Jan '14 doris 11
Asheville's Furball returns to help Brother Wolf (Dec '13) Dec '13 ApePeeD 1
•••
•••
•••
King Dating

more search filters

less search filters