Businesses Shuffle At High Point Intersection

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

Three businesses at a busy High Point intersection are beginning major construction projects despite an uncertain economy.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2010
gary thomasville

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

this makes no sense whatso ever. why would high point bank tear down a building that only needs renovation and build a new one across the street. surely banks do not lease land to build their banks on and pay shareholders and depositers profits to pay for the land. all we hear and read on the internet is how money is tight and banks are not lending money but you people can still afford to build new and more extravagant buildings, each seemingly trying to get a leg up on the other. you would have us believe you are doing a great service to the community when you are wasting depositers and shareholders money to replace a building that in your words only needs some renovations, how much renovation,what kind of renovation, is the roof falling in, could the building collapse on unsuspecting high point bank customers? in tough ecomomic times and a financial crisis created by banks is this prudent to build new and fancy buildings. yes i know not all banks had a hand in this crisis but we all share in the blame, would you not agree?
frustrated

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Judged:

I see on the above post that some have already condemned the gentleman for speaking the truth...apparently they are not small business people whom the banks have taken upon themselves to put out of business with the ridiculous credit requirements and the almost non-existent lending..The banks caused their own problems, so they get bailed out by the taxpayers(and yes, I know that HPB did not take bailout funds)and now will penalize the borrower for the bank's past mistakes...It is immaterial to me whether they build a new bank or not!!
Average Joe

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

gary thomasville wrote:
this makes no sense whatso ever. why would high point bank tear down a building that only needs renovation and build a new one across the street. surely banks do not lease land to build their banks on and pay shareholders and depositers profits to pay for the land. all we hear and read on the internet is how money is tight and banks are not lending money but you people can still afford to build new and more extravagant buildings, each seemingly trying to get a leg up on the other. you would have us believe you are doing a great service to the community when you are wasting depositers and shareholders money to replace a building that in your words only needs some renovations, how much renovation,what kind of renovation, is the roof falling in, could the building collapse on unsuspecting high point bank customers? in tough ecomomic times and a financial crisis created by banks is this prudent to build new and fancy buildings. yes i know not all banks had a hand in this crisis but we all share in the blame, would you not agree?
It's their money (HP Bank didn't take bailout money). If they want to waste it, that's between them and the people who keep money there.

That being said, yeah, it's a waste of money. But again, it's not my money (I don't bank there), or taxpayer money, so I say go for it. Building is good for the local economy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent King Discussions

Search the King Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 16 min State of Florida 55,789
Review: Dance Unveiled (May '13) Apr '14 cainlee brewer 3
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Mar '14 Christine Colucci 82
Debate: Gay Marriage - King, NC (Feb '12) Mar '14 pat j 16
Debate: Marijuana - King, NC (Aug '10) Jan '14 doris 11
Asheville's Furball returns to help Brother Wolf (Dec '13) Dec '13 ApePeeD 1
Review: Pampered Pooch Pet Salon (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ed Castillo Media 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

King Jobs

•••