Panel gives three ideas

Panel gives three ideas

There are 3 comments on the Winston-Salem Journal story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Panel gives three ideas. In it, Winston-Salem Journal reports that:

Transferring the Veteran's Memorial to a private entity such as a veterans' group was one of three options that the King City Council presented last night to end the controversy over removing a Christian flag from the memorial last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Winston-Salem Journal.

Karl Stemmler

Lowell, MA

#1 Oct 21, 2010
As a concerned citizen ,I like to remind the readers that we seem to tolerate the "Rebel" Flag displayed in many areas of the south, except a religious one to honer the Veterans of this Country. Shame on you. Salute to the Veterans who are willing to make a stand. Thank you for your service to this Country.
The Christian Way

Asheboro, NC

#2 Oct 21, 2010
Karl Stemmler wrote:
As a concerned citizen ,I like to remind the readers that we seem to tolerate the "Rebel" Flag displayed in many areas of the south, except a religious one to honer the Veterans of this Country. Shame on you. Salute to the Veterans who are willing to make a stand. Thank you for your service to this Country.
Since when has the christian flag represented the veterans? This is government property and would be establishing religion which is against our constitution.
Tamerlane

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Oct 27, 2010
Karl Stemmler wrote:
Because a rebel flag doesn't fall under the Establishment clause, noq does it?

Sheesh. Go back and take civics again. Shame on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I take suboxen May 25 needing help 1
Review: Pampered Pooch Pet Salon (Dec '13) May 19 Doggy dad 2
does anyone know john pickering Apr '15 johntruckdriver 1
News War Vet Asks King To Remove Cross From Memorial (Sep '10) Apr '15 Anonymous 44
michelle sweeney Mar '15 wvu fan 1
Jimmy Mar '15 kkkaren 2
Michael Monty Feb '15 Aware 1
More from around the web

King People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]