Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 Jul 10, 2013
Hi Val,

Please follow through on this:

The town council should be more concerned with Davis Cab/Davis Transportation failure to claim non medical rider's fairs on the business, personal and employee taxes. In other words Davis is not claiming the cash they earn. They mainly provide medical transportation in dirty vehicles. Davis Cab/Davis Transportation speaks very negatively towards other Colonial Beach businesses. I've heard mention from Roger Wayne Davis that the new golf cart place runs drugs, Janice Davis (owner of Davis Cab/Davis Transportation) called a Dollar General employee the N word, both Janice and Roger Wayne Davis accuse Anderson Cab of providing illicit illegal services. It's a pain safely navigating a school bus by their unkempt rental house at 316 Lynnhaven Avenue, Colonial Beach, VA. They have no regard for traffic on Lynnhaven Avenue and do not respect their neighbors. Everyone I speak with dislikes the Davis's. Most people mention the sexual comments Roger Davis spits out of his mouth to his customers. Roger Davis has a criminal record in King George, Virginia. I haven't checked other jurisdictions and states yet.
Another note: Davis Cab/Davis Transportation pays less than minimum wage for all employees. If an employee leaves under positive or negative terms the employee is not paid one to three weeks of pay the employee earned. Both Davis's will lie in order not to pay.
When we first moved to Colonial Beach, Virginia we frequented Dockside three to four times weekly and River Boat twice weekly. We stopped being patrons at both establishments. At Dockside we were tired of walking the Davis gauntlet when leaving and feel Dockside should not promote a company that screws the town and Davis employees. Both River Boat and Dockside promote a anti Colonial Beach company. The Davis's go to Fredericksburg and for a night out. The Davis's make alot of money here in town but only buy gas and maybe groceries and alcohol here.
All the Davis's do is take towns peoples money and don't care about Colonial Beach.
What were you thinking

Callao, VA

#22 Jul 10, 2013
Chaser if you want Val to get this send it to her email or print it and send it to town hall. I seriously doubt Foulds ever comes to topix.
Nuts

Aylett, VA

#23 Jul 10, 2013
chaser1 wrote:
Hi Val,
Please follow through on this:
The town council should be more concerned with Davis Cab/Davis Transportation failure to claim non medical rider's fairs on the business, personal and employee taxes. In other words Davis is not claiming the cash they earn. They mainly provide medical transportation in dirty vehicles. Davis Cab/Davis Transportation speaks very negatively towards other Colonial Beach businesses. I've heard mention from Roger Wayne Davis that the new golf cart place runs drugs, Janice Davis (owner of Davis Cab/Davis Transportation) called a Dollar General employee the N word, both Janice and Roger Wayne Davis accuse Anderson Cab of providing illicit illegal services. It's a pain safely navigating a school bus by their unkempt rental house at 316 Lynnhaven Avenue, Colonial Beach, VA. They have no regard for traffic on Lynnhaven Avenue and do not respect their neighbors. Everyone I speak with dislikes the Davis's. Most people mention the sexual comments Roger Davis spits out of his mouth to his customers. Roger Davis has a criminal record in King George, Virginia. I haven't checked other jurisdictions and states yet.
Another note: Davis Cab/Davis Transportation pays less than minimum wage for all employees. If an employee leaves under positive or negative terms the employee is not paid one to three weeks of pay the employee earned. Both Davis's will lie in order not to pay.
When we first moved to Colonial Beach, Virginia we frequented Dockside three to four times weekly and River Boat twice weekly. We stopped being patrons at both establishments. At Dockside we were tired of walking the Davis gauntlet when leaving and feel Dockside should not promote a company that screws the town and Davis employees. Both River Boat and Dockside promote a anti Colonial Beach company. The Davis's go to Fredericksburg and for a night out. The Davis's make alot of money here in town but only buy gas and maybe groceries and alcohol here.
All the Davis's do is take towns peoples money and don't care about Colonial Beach.
Contacting Val does no good unless it affects her bottom line, in my opinion.
What were you thinking

Callao, VA

#24 Jul 10, 2013
Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is dully noted, just like your name!
Dark Roast

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Jul 10, 2013
Nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanda, give it a break.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#26 Jul 10, 2013
What were you thinking wrote:
Chaser if you want Val to get this send it to her email or print it and send it to town hall. I seriously doubt Foulds ever comes to topix.
Thank you - I will
Nuts

Aylett, VA

#27 Jul 10, 2013
First of all, I am not Wanda. Secondly, I'm not sure what your name is supposed to mean, but if it's what I think, I find it highly offensive.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#28 Jul 10, 2013
Nuts wrote:
First of all, I am not Wanda. Secondly, I'm not sure what your name is supposed to mean, but if it's what I think, I find it highly offensive.
Who's to know? You could be her twin sister Wandb, a dog or a monkey who got lucky :)
CB Tax Payer

Jackson, MI

#29 Jul 11, 2013
This position is overpaid regardless of WHO holds it, ESPECIALLY in light of the latest tax increase!
Beach Goddess

Newport News, VA

#30 Jul 13, 2013
Tax increase? They raised 1% on meals and lodging, five cents (not nearly enough) on cigarettes. No real estate or property taxes were raised.

The position is not overpaid. Has no one ever seen how much others in similar positions would make? She oversees all town employees, has five years in the position (yes, five years, instead of having a new town manager every few months.)

She has experience in the position now, give it up, folks. If you put someone in for half the money, you will have someone who doesn't have a clue, as no one who could do a proper job will work for peanuts.
SOMEFACTS

King George, VA

#31 Jul 16, 2013
*Towns manager with "equivalent" populations to CB - broadly interpreted by VML.
Town of Amherst:$72,668 (population 2,231)
Town of Altavista:$75,379 (population 3,450)
Town of South Hill:$79,000 (population 4,650)
Town of Broadway:$76,440 (population 3,800)
Town of Richlands:$75,733 (population 5,823)
Town of Colonial Beach:$102,742.50 (population 3,523)
Town of Bridgewater:$96,118 (population 5,644)

still feel the same?
Beach Goddess

Colonial Beach, VA

#32 Jul 16, 2013
You have to look not only at population, but services. CB provides more for its citizens than many places. An independent school system, full police force, trash remove, town operated WWTP, etc.
Smores

United States

#33 Jul 16, 2013
SOMEFACTS wrote:
*Towns manager with "equivalent" populations to CB - broadly interpreted by VML.
still feel the same?
This is informative, council please take note
Lokk Furthure

Colonial Beach, VA

#34 Jul 16, 2013
How about a look at the other Town managers expereince.The Town of Colonial Beach manager was a bank teller and then a Colonial Beach receptionist.

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#35 Jul 16, 2013
SOMEFACTS wrote:
still feel the same?
I just love research! This bid of information is interesting on a number of levels. Suspect a bit of cherry picking going on, resulting in numbers somewhat lower than what I found but I am sure they are valid.

I would invite anyone interested to google Virginia Municipal League and find the data on that site that is being quoted. This information is not available to the general public and my guess, if it is indeed correct, is you have to be a member, which is someone in government. There is only one member on the council that has referred to the Virginia Municipal League during town council meetings and salaries of town employees and that is Ms. Brubaker.

However, as a bonus for your efforts, you will find that we are now looking for a new Chief of Police, advertised salary $60,000 posted July 16th. Guess our one month old hiring freeze is unfrozen. Sure would be nice if our council, would make up its mind and start to focus on addressing some of our pressing needs, like finding funds for a generator for our emergency shelter. Lastly, I must thank the posted, I was curious what the executive session was about.
Sadhus

Alexandria, VA

#36 Jul 16, 2013
Bad Penny wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love research! This bid of information is interesting on a number of levels. Suspect a bit of cherry picking going on, resulting in numbers somewhat lower than what I found but I am sure they are valid.
I would invite anyone interested to google Virginia Municipal League and find the data on that site that is being quoted. This information is not available to the general public and my guess, if it is indeed correct, is you have to be a member, which is someone in government. There is only one member on the council that has referred to the Virginia Municipal League during town council meetings and salaries of town employees and that is Ms. Brubaker.
However, as a bonus for your efforts, you will find that we are now looking for a new Chief of Police, advertised salary $60,000 posted July 16th. Guess our one month old hiring freeze is unfrozen. Sure would be nice if our council, would make up its mind and start to focus on addressing some of our pressing needs, like finding funds for a generator for our emergency shelter. Lastly, I must thank the posted, I was curious what the executive session was about.
So that appears to be a lower salary than our current chief? So why not do that with Val?
Beach Goddess

Colonial Beach, VA

#37 Jul 17, 2013
Sadhus wrote:
<quoted text>
So that appears to be a lower salary than our current chief? So why not do that with Val?
We only have an interim chief, not an actual chief of police currently.

As for Val. Prior to her tenure we had 16 town managers in 18 years. Do we really want to go back to that? Or move forward with a manager that has experience in the job, and knows the town?

Quit bitching about one damn salary as if that is the reason the town needs more money. It is bullshit and sounds like Wanda, Jim and Linda are the only ones on Topix.
Micheal

Orange, VA

#38 Jul 17, 2013
Beach Goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
As for Val. Prior to her tenure we had 16 town managers in 18 years. Do we really want to go back to that? Or move forward with a manager that has experience in the job, and knows the town?
Quit bitching about one damn salary as if that is the reason the town needs more money. It is bullshit and sounds like Wanda, Jim and Linda are the only ones on Topix.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. One could look at the tactic of disparaging and demeaning Ms. Foulds for one's own gratification and agenda as Machiavellian or pure sophomoric and cruel. I prefer to believe the latter.
Jan Brady

Alexandria, VA

#39 Jul 17, 2013
Beach Goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears you feel it is wrong to come on Topix and disparage Val, but aren't you doing the same thing to Wanda, Jim, and Linda? I don't know any of them, only looking at salaries and this town in my opinion can't afford to pay over 100,000.
yea right

King William, VA

#40 Jul 17, 2013
Beach Goddess, your memory is better than mine, Been following this for over 31 years, remember Town Managers as: Long, Buswell, Hicks, Barkley, Krazell. Who did I miss?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grass cutting 1 hr wtcsret 5
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 14 hr Princess Hey 6,581
Poll Who was the Greatest Colonial Beach Character? (May '08) 14 hr Beach goer 70
Help for town government 14 hr I didnt know that 6
vendor's Wed wtcsret 3
Four Seasons Fun Times Today Tue Hungry Waiting fo... 1
Last Post Winz (Apr '14) Sep 13 Princess Hey 353

King George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages