First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scam Artist

Aylett, VA

#1 Jul 6, 2013
Is it jusy Me or have any Council members been paying attention to Mrs Foulds newest scam.It seems that every statement She makes to the press has been about Council not giving Her direction.She charmed the management study people into believing this and now thats Her new platform.I say giving direction and showing Her how to be a Town Manager are two different things.She has taken Her failures and put the blame on Council.She has no integrity in the way She treats citizens,employees and now Council members.
Wake Up

Aylett, VA

#2 Jul 6, 2013
So far the Town has paid Her a cumulated salary of over 3/4 of a million dollars plus a paid assistant.Do You feel as a tax payer that You got Your moneys worth?She has no past Town management experience.She brings no new ideas to the table and expects Council to tell Her what She needs to do.She has failed the building and zonning requirements,Public Works and Police Dept.and Council then hs to step in.Is this the actions of an experieced 100 thousand a year manager?With a full time 40 thousand a year assistant?Now She is blamming Council.
Fred Smith

Hampton, VA

#3 Jul 6, 2013
Council needs to step up and take action and do what is necessary
Taxed2wice

Romney, WV

#4 Jul 6, 2013
She's the obama of CB!
Agree

Silver Spring, MD

#5 Jul 6, 2013
Scam Artist wrote:
Is it jusy Me or have any Council members been paying attention to Mrs Foulds newest scam.It seems that every statement She makes to the press has been about Council not giving Her direction.She charmed the management study people into believing this and now thats Her new platform.I say giving direction and showing Her how to be a Town Manager are two different things.She has taken Her failures and put the blame on Council.She has no integrity in the way She treats citizens,employees and now Council members.
You are right on the money. Ms. Foxy Foulds is making the Council look foolish on purpose because she is in fear of her job is my opinion. She is cleverly using the Journal reporter as a pond to do her dirty deed, and Ms Farneth is playing right into her hands by not researching thoroughly. She hides things from councils, holds information until the eleventh hour, pits one council member against the other to her advantage in hopes of saving her neck. And you uninformed readers believe it. But the wiser citizens know better. Hopefully a majority of council will make the right decision about the Town Manager. She needs to go.
Nuts

Aylett, VA

#6 Jul 7, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right on the money. Ms. Foxy Foulds is making the Council look foolish on purpose because she is in fear of her job is my opinion. She is cleverly using the Journal reporter as a pond to do her dirty deed, and Ms Farneth is playing right into her hands by not researching thoroughly. She hides things from councils, holds information until the eleventh hour, pits one council member against the other to her advantage in hopes of saving her neck. And you uninformed readers believe it. But the wiser citizens know better. Hopefully a majority of council will make the right decision about the Town Manager. She needs to go.
You are absolutely right! She is so good at sweet-talking people, she conned the consultants. Val does exactly as you say, pitting one group of Council members against another, then shirks her responsibility by claiming she needs "direction" from Council. Sadly, the conned consultants backed this up. I guess that's what we got for our $17,000 - exactly what Val wanted.
Sally

Silver Spring, MD

#7 Jul 7, 2013
Fred Smith wrote:
Council needs to step up and take action and do what is necessary
From what I hear some are trying, but others won't let them. Same old same old as before.
yea right

King William, VA

#8 Jul 7, 2013
There may be many things to blame Val for but high salary is not one of them. That is what the Council offered, did anyone expect her to say no that is way too much, give me less. It being a norm or not is past history. Correct it or move on. They are trying to putting out campfires and the forest is burning down.
In The Know

Aylett, VA

#9 Jul 7, 2013
All they have to is look at the apparent illegal actions which were reported to Council a year ago.
Who

Silver Spring, MD

#10 Jul 7, 2013
In The Know wrote:
All they have to is look at the apparent illegal actions which were reported to Council a year ago.
What was that? Maybe the new council members don't know about it.
yea right

King William, VA

#11 Jul 7, 2013
only one is new
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#12 Jul 7, 2013
I think what we have here is CAPACITY!(Crazy A** People Always Causing Investigators To Yawn) The BS and innuendo has reached the midgets neck :)
Time to knock it off, before the little person drowns :)
In the Know

Aylett, VA

#13 Jul 7, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that? Maybe the new council members don't know about it.
Brubaker is the only one that doesn't know. All others have direct knowledge or were approached for a meeting and didn't care.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#14 Jul 7, 2013
In the Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Brubaker is the only one that doesn't know. All others have direct knowledge or were approached for a meeting and didn't care.
When reading those leaves, handle orientation and type of tea is VERY important :)
Sassie Sadie

King William, VA

#15 Jul 8, 2013
Try to stay out of this but just can't ..... Foulds needs to go. Why can't the Council see that?
Noisey

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 Jul 10, 2013
They are afraid to fire her because he is the first lady town manager. Excuse me acting like a town manager. She does not know what she is doing in the job and she is always seeking help from the Va. Municipal League.
Tax Waster

Aylett, VA

#17 Jul 10, 2013
The Town manager is getting paid a top salary,the price for an experenced manager and yet has had no previous experence.The same goes for police chief and other dept heads.Plus they all have assistants.Too many layers of management.
Noisey

Portsmouth, VA

#18 Jul 10, 2013
You are so correct Tax Waster.
inside track

King George, VA

#19 Jul 10, 2013
Tax Waster wrote:
The Town manager is getting paid a top salary,the price for an experenced manager and yet has had no previous experence.The same goes for police chief and other dept heads.Plus they all have assistants.Too many layers of management.

The interim police chief has less time and experience than the last 4 police chiefs yet the counsil arranged to loose them and put Seay in charge and pay him the same,if not more money. The former chiefs had extensive time in law enforcement managementas well as hands on experience in patrol and investigations. Seay has a poor performance record and lacks the trust of his subordinates. I it guess it pays toplay golf with counsil members. He is one that surely doesnt deserve the salary he is makimg.
What were you thinking

Callao, VA

#20 Jul 10, 2013
Nice to see three people posting in so many names. Everyone on the council including the Mayor (with the exception of Seeber) has little or no experience in politics or as a councilperson. Members are asking questions about policy and procedure from the Town manager. It's not the town managers job to educate these people.
Yet council members say she is keeping things from them. It's the members responsibility to educate themselves on current events.
Many of them never even went to council meetings before they were elected.
Before you spout insults at the town manager check your own background council members. People who are upset with the Town manager are probably the ones who have asked for something the town can't offer.
Most of the people on here including the council members posting in aliases have no idea all the mandated projects that are going on in this town and how many times Foulds has saved the council and town from huge fines!
Until you guys post in your own names your fodder will be ignored by the people in this town that really care!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Personal property tax (Feb '15) Tue Bay Ave 50
Real news Nov 18 Change 1
Bullying in CB on Social Media Nov 17 Change 7
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) Nov 16 Princess Hey 6,594
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) Nov 16 Princess Hey 5,659
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) Nov 16 Princess Hey 18,003
cb 2017 election results Nov 15 GwapGang 3

King George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance