Dispatch Consolidation
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Right Move

Richmond, VA

#1 Mar 3, 2013
I hear throughout the community that the dispatch consolidation is a done deal. Great job to all who got this done--about time and again--GREAT JOB. Now, take the same action and consolidate the PD under the sheriff's office. That is nothing against Interim Chief Seay. Just TIME FOR IT TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!
Just me

King George, VA

#2 Mar 3, 2013
Right Move wrote:
I hear throughout the community that the dispatch consolidation is a done deal. Great job to all who got this done--about time and again--GREAT JOB. Now, take the same action and consolidate the PD under the sheriff's office. That is nothing against Interim Chief Seay. Just TIME FOR IT TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!
I dont think it is a "done deal" yet. I think more research needs to be done before any decision is made. You just cant flip a switch and make this happen. I would like to see what the cost is for the diapatch center as it is now compared to the quarter of a million dollars in tax dolars that will be givin to Westmoreland County on top of the taxes alrady paid to the county. Will the police officers have to travel to ther sheriffs office now to process thier paper work and complete an arrest? Will it require an officer coming off the road to take care of things at the office that a dispatcher normally takes care of now? I think there needs to be more research done before this decision is made. What happens if a new Sheriff comes in and doesnt want the dispatch ? this could happen every 4 years. Normally this isnt done unless there is a County wide EOC in place with an independent board of dirctors such as the jail is now. Think people before you leap!!!
then ask

Richmond, VA

#3 Mar 3, 2013
Just me

If you are concerned then go to the town and ask what the expense is for the dispatch. Once you find that out, also think about what has already been brought out about the call drops, repeated calls, etc. The safety side of things is the most importance. Money--although you may disagree is a second priority.
Just me

King George, VA

#4 Mar 3, 2013
then ask wrote:
Just me
If you are concerned then go to the town and ask what the expense is for the dispatch. Once you find that out, also think about what has already been brought out about the call drops, repeated calls, etc. The safety side of things is the most importance. Money--although you may disagree is a second priority.
I dont have to ask....it is the responsibility of the council to tell the public ALL the information of which they have not!There has not been any dropped calls. The information provided was not entirly correct. Ask the dispatchers that work at the PD now. They are proud of thier performance and thier dedication to the town and its citizens.The town dispatchers now recieve about 6000 calls a year of which less than 5% are 911 calls. All I am saying is the council needs to provide the public with ALL the information and then ask the public THIER opinion.
then ask

Richmond, VA

#5 Mar 3, 2013
You ARE WRONG--ask to make sure you have the information to make a quote or comment. If you were informed thru the process so far you would u nderstand that calls have been dropped and re-routed which takes EXTRA TIME. Are you a disgruntled employee or just plain incompetent or a complainer. If you didn't live in a shell then you would know what the people here in our town are sayin. They are sayin thank God and this has been needed for a long time and more changes are needed. Just the beginning of this council and yes the county workin together trying to make a POSITIVE difference.
Just me

King George, VA

#6 Mar 3, 2013
then ask wrote:
You ARE WRONG--ask to make sure you have the information to make a quote or comment. If you were informed thru the process so far you would u nderstand that calls have been dropped and re-routed which takes EXTRA TIME. Are you a disgruntled employee or just plain incompetent or a complainer. If you didn't live in a shell then you would know what the people here in our town are sayin. They are sayin thank God and this has been needed for a long time and more changes are needed. Just the beginning of this council and yes the county workin together trying to make a POSITIVE difference.
I am very well aware of the system and the manner in which it works. I dont have to ask because I have been there and I certainly am not disgruntled. Cell 911 calls go to Westmoreland, Charles County , Maryland or King George depending on the tower that responds to the signal. This being said, there are no guarentees that this will not occurr in the future if Westmorland assumes all call taking for this area. However, calls made from the hardlines will all go to Westmoreland almosy doubling the calls being recieved by Westmorland dispatchers. They will also have to recieve and dispatch calls to police officers as well as respond to all thier requests. My point is,the entire service that the PD dispatchers provide at this time is not just limited to 911 calls which are less than 5% of calls taken. I think the county and the town have been working together for years and the has never been an issue or even discussed until recently. I have talked to many people in town who are very upset that they will not have a place here locally to go to when they need a question answered in person. We also have to keep inmund that during the summer months the population explodes in town and there is more traffic at the window of the police department than you may think.
yea right

King William, VA

#7 Mar 4, 2013
Seems most hinge on 911 equipment, guess will have to look at cost of upgrade using Bond say 10years verse payment to county at their cost and no input from town. Also vehicle upgrade county may require funding by Town only. While on surface it may appear good what will long range cost be. Add if Town county taxes are already paying Rescue/Fire calls why 20% or 1/5 by the Town alone for just adding Police? Hopefully will base decision on facts and not just jump on board based on he said she said.
Just me

King George, VA

#8 Mar 4, 2013
yea right wrote:
Seems most hinge on 911 equipment, guess will have to look at cost of upgrade using Bond say 10years verse payment to county at their cost and no input from town. Also vehicle upgrade county may require funding by Town only. While on surface it may appear good what will long range cost be. Add if Town county taxes are already paying Rescue/Fire calls why 20% or 1/5 by the Town alone for just adding Police? Hopefully will base decision on facts and not just jump on board based on he said she said.
My point exactly. Not enough information has been provided to make a logical decision. I seem to recall the 911 upgrade was presented to council before last budget cycle and they chose to ignore it at that time. I believe the cost was in the area of $150 thousand for the upgrade. I think that will be the extra cost paid to the county just in the first year. I think a lot more research needs to be done before we make decisions just to make campaign platform promises come true. Where will the 911 tax go that the town now recieves? Has that been factored in to total cost? I have not seen that mentioned at all.
Woot Owl

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Mar 4, 2013
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly. Not enough information has been provided to make a logical decision. I seem to recall the 911 upgrade was presented to council before last budget cycle and they chose to ignore it at that time. I believe the cost was in the area of $150 thousand for the upgrade. I think that will be the extra cost paid to the county just in the first year. I think a lot more research needs to be done before we make decisions just to make campaign platform promises come true. Where will the 911 tax go that the town now recieves? Has that been factored in to total cost? I have not seen that mentioned at all.
Ya know...I'm not really sure ya'll are really thinking this through; Has anyone thought about the crime rate increasing when you don't have REAL POLICE PRESENCE??!! Where's the CHIEF when u need him? Will the REAL CHIEF please stand up?!
Just Me too

King George, VA

#10 Mar 4, 2013
Woot Owl wrote:
<quoted text>Ya know...I'm not really sure ya'll are really thinking this through; Has anyone thought about the crime rate increasing when you don't have REAL POLICE PRESENCE??!! Where's the CHIEF when u need him? Will the REAL CHIEF please stand up?!
I have to agree...Maybe council should let us know what qualifications the current one has before he stands up!!
nine one one

King George, VA

#11 Mar 5, 2013
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think it is a "done deal" yet. I think more research needs to be done before any decision is made. You just cant flip a switch and make this happen. I would like to see what the cost is for the diapatch center as it is now compared to the quarter of a million dollars in tax dolars that will be givin to Westmoreland County on top of the taxes alrady paid to the county. Will the police officers have to travel to ther sheriffs office now to process thier paper work and complete an arrest? Will it require an officer coming off the road to take care of things at the office that a dispatcher normally takes care of now? I think there needs to be more research done before this decision is made. What happens if a new Sheriff comes in and doesnt want the dispatch ? this could happen every 4 years. Normally this isnt done unless there is a County wide EOC in place with an independent board of dirctors such as the jail is now. Think people before you leap!!!
You are so correct in your whole statement. They do need to get communications away from the Sheriff Office. T
nine one one

King George, VA

#12 Mar 6, 2013
if the dispatchers go the town better get ready to pay off money also for all the vacation time comp time that they owe the dispatchers. None of the dispatchers want to.go to work but then again Balderdon stated he would not hire all of them

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Mar 6, 2013
nine one one wrote:
if the dispatchers go the town better get ready to pay off money also for all the vacation time comp time that they owe the dispatchers. None of the dispatchers want to.go to work but then again Balderdon stated he would not hire all of them
Can you cite your source on C.O Balderson?
nine one one

King George, VA

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Callsign_Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite your source on C.O Balderson?
King George Journal. When this whole mess started.He stated to the counsel

Location hidden

#15 Mar 6, 2013
nine one one wrote:
<quoted text> King George Journal. When this whole mess started.He stated to the counsel
Was it this article on 27 Feb 2013?

http://journalpress.com/index.php/colonial-be...

"Balderson wants to keep on the four full time positions currently staffed by the town, and one part-time position for his operation."
nine one one

King George, VA

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Callsign_Jihad wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it this article on 27 Feb 2013?
http://journalpress.com/index.php/colonial-be...
"Balderson wants to keep on the four full time positions currently staffed by the town, and one part-time position for his operation."
this article from westmoreland news...
http://www.westmorelandnews.net/...
Councilman Tommy Edwards asked what would happen to CBPD dispatchers if services are combined. Balderson said,“I’m not a hatchet man. There may be information that I am privy to that may disqualify folks to move to the Sheriff’s office, but all dispatchers are welcome to apply.” He said he must have the ability to make the final decisions on who would be qualified to be a WCSO dispatcher.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 6, 2013
nine one one wrote:
<quoted text>
this article from westmoreland news...
http://www.westmorelandnews.net/...
Councilman Tommy Edwards asked what would happen to CBPD dispatchers if services are combined. Balderson said,“I’m not a hatchet man. There may be information that I am privy to that may disqualify folks to move to the Sheriff’s office, but all dispatchers are welcome to apply.” He said he must have the ability to make the final decisions on who would be qualified to be a WCSO dispatcher.
The next step is what does qualify someone to be a dispatcher for WCSO and if those from CB cannot meet that standards due to reasons such as background, drug use and other issues of the such, I see no problem. If it is solely because of being a resident of CB, then yes I see some issues there.
yea right

King William, VA

#18 Mar 6, 2013
Since he doesn't have to give a reason it could come from fact,rumors, or didn't like way parted hair. All will happen after agreement is made,(if Made) so what is the point.
nine one one

King George, VA

#19 Mar 6, 2013
yea right wrote:
Since he doesn't have to give a reason it could come from fact,rumors, or didn't like way parted hair. All will happen after agreement is made,(if Made) so what is the point.
CO does not need to give a reason and he is a hatchet man

Location hidden

#20 Mar 7, 2013
yea right wrote:
The point is, if this deal goes south then I will hold those who made this decision accountable at the ballot box. If this all works out, I will also remember those who made it happen when it is time to vote. May seem like a small thing, but right now it's better than voting from the rooftops. Everyone gets their comeuppance sooner or later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Clowns... Last Post Wins A GoldFinder! 19 hr Mustang GT Girl 53
Any 3 Words Colonial Beach Version 19 hr Mustang GT Girl 19
**TP's Alphabet Twist** CB Forum 19 hr Mustang GT Girl 38
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 19 hr Mustang GT Girl 6,726
increased explosions from dahlgren (Apr '15) Wed been here 18
Jane Good the cry baby troll (Jul '15) Apr 23 texas pete 8
Whatcha Doing? (Jul '15) Apr 17 Grape jelly 52

King George Jobs

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages