A 'dream job' for Rappahannock steward

Jan 21, 2011 Full story: The Free Lance-Star 11

To hear Richard C. Moncure Jr. talk about it, the Rappahannock River runs deep in his soul.

Full Story
You are kidding

King George, VA

#1 Jan 21, 2011
Are you kidding, the fox watching the hen house.

“Bleeding Fingers”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#2 Jan 21, 2011
You are kidding wrote:
Are you kidding, the fox watching the hen house.
I sense the job is more polution oriented than conservation. His AFrican tour with PC may have influenced him too much as indicated by his admitted non-conventional life style. Probably water quality grant for monitoring/education involved. Green connections somewhere. Normally someone of longer tooth and more grizzled is appointed down this way.:)

“Bleeding Fingers”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#3 Jan 21, 2011
Light morning, so here's more info since I see a cb connection :) There is a vett problem and I am not talking cor :)

http://www.riverfriends.org/AboutUs/AboutFOR/...

http://www.riverfriends.org/LinkClick.aspx...

http://www.riverfriends.org/Publications/News...
Wayne

King George, VA

#4 Jan 22, 2011
Another foundation that has lost all credability through the hiring process. There are really good people who need jobs and have the scientific background to actually perform the job. This is another local kid who's Mom and Dad are well known for different reasons and he is given-given a job. Did anyone else even have the opportunity to apply for this positin? Was there reasobable accomadations made for all people to apply. Nope, just a newly created position for a friends kid. Typical NN, why does he have a kid and fiancee,why don't they get maried? seems fishy, afraid of commitment? won't last long. Sounds loike his soul needs to be in his families best interest not the rivers.
Paul Shykora Arts

Calgary, Canada

#5 Jan 22, 2011
..WOW...VOW...Vhat a romantic...river..name,here... yada u...eh..
dogon

King George, VA

#6 Jan 24, 2011
Anybody ever watch what he did to the Potomac, ruin one river become the caretaker of another.
VETNAM 2

Vienna, VA

#7 Jan 24, 2011
dogon wrote:
Anybody ever watch what he did to the Potomac, ruin one river become the caretaker of another.
dogon.....

I don't know any background behind your comment. But I wouldn't mind having that job. The first thing I would do is to do no harm!
River Rat

Gloucester, VA

#8 Jan 24, 2011
Who the heck is running things over there? Why would they hire this kid to keep the river clean and safe when he wouldn't even bend over to pick up a piece of trash? What is this world coming to?
crazy cowboy

Midlothian, VA

#9 Jan 25, 2011
River Rat wrote:
Who the heck is running things over there? Why would they hire this kid to keep the river clean and safe when he wouldn't even bend over to pick up a piece of trash? What is this world coming to?
The world is hoping that you will shut up and mind your own business. Life is short... we don't need you criticizing without action. If you are going to complain, then give a possible solution. The world is avoiding you. Shut up or get involved.
Simple Answer

West Mclean, VA

#10 Jan 26, 2011
I'll give you a solution- fire that fraud to prevent him from pretending to give a sh1t about our rivers! I hope that "Friends of the Rappahannock" would hire a Steward of Human Resources so they can actually put their new hires through a legitimate interview process.
River Rat

Gloucester, VA

#11 Jan 28, 2011
Little Richard is a piece of rappahannock river sh1t!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 28 min Great White 1,527
Colonial Beach School of Rock Concert 4 hr Ugh 5
who is the biggest drunk in colonial beach 4 hr Ugh 1
County Supervisor Overheard 4 hr Ugh 21
Council AXES Police Vehicles 7 hr In The Know 29
Santa 8 hr big tow 2
Gone....! 21 hr Tim Payne 27
King George Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web