Cemetery owner in bankruptcy

Oct 21, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Free Lance-Star

A bankruptcy judge Tuesday ordered that Robert Ray Crouch's King George County cemetery business be dissolved rather than reorganized as Crouch had requested.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
MAH

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I feel so sorry for the Gohring family that gave Crouch a deposit of $20,000 for the memorial for their daughter and have nothing to show for it. In an earlier story I believe I read that Crouch had placed the order two days before he filed bankruptcy. This sounds so familiar. From what I understand, if a company "places" an order before they file bankruptcy, then criminal charges cannot be filed against them. That's what I found out when I filed complaints to the KG County Sheriff's Dept against the owner of a King George furniture store that filed bankruptcy last year. In the end he got our money and we got nothing. Hopefully the Gohring family will get their memorial for their beloved daughter. I cannot believe how some company owners treat their customers. Sounds like these two owners took lessons from the same "Screw the Customer" book. I've always said that what goes around comes around....
Curious

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I recently made prearrangements for my mother who is in a nursing home. What happens to the monies I have paid in advance for her services? Am I just out of it or will I still receive those services? I will be watching this case closely.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent King George Discussions

Search the King George Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colonial Beach Town Council passes 2015 budget 48 min Mjolnir 24
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 52 min Honest Babe 1,484
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 57 min Honest Babe 13,006
New Boardwalk Condos 3 hr Tin Man 1
Abuse Power 7 hr Loyal tax payer 18
Chief Legg 8 hr LeoN 10
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 16 hr Hoolio 2,539
•••
•••
•••
•••

King George Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

King George People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••