First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HB Rules

Portsmouth, VA

#21 Feb 11, 2014
Cause wrote:
It has been definitively determined the fire resulted from a combination of heat, fuel, and oxygen.
thats out of the fire fighter one class book. i think it is copy write material. just joking.
Smokey Bear

United States

#22 Feb 11, 2014
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
A black box type video has emerged from inside the school on the day of the fire. This may explain what happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_UpZZGeOP2QXX.
Oh look, it's Tim Trivett
Rodger69

United States

#23 Mar 5, 2014
The Pods could have been moved to other town property, and used as classrooms. This would have minimized cost and travel.
As for the building, it needs to remain until the investigation is complete; but the safety zone needs to be respected.
Asbestos in the building, does not make the bricks unsellable; just need to use the right marketing ploy.

BUT - Why hasn't the investigation been released?

BTW - Most condemned buildings are uninsured.
HB Rules

Baton Rouge, LA

#24 Mar 6, 2014
marketing ploy? how the heck are you going to sell lung cancer?
Disorganized Chaos

King George, VA

#25 Mar 8, 2014
I guess I am missing something but it just seems to go on and on.
Has someone positively confirmed that asbestos is present and who was the licensed expert and where is that report?
Does the School Board have a person assigned as a liason between the insurance company, the VA State Police, and the town?
Why is the town using this event in an attempt to make a hostile takeover of the property.
Why stipulate what appears as a true need for a loan with conditions that cannot be upheld. Everyone with any common sense knows if they cant repay and the town takes it from the budget, Schools close anyway.
Does the town want a new parking lot thus we will take the property if you cant repay the loan?
In the end it seems that as usual no one seems to be in charge and it just rambles along with no clear direction.
Seems the Police Chief job kind of fits this same scenario.....
No Leadership.
HB Rules

Portsmouth, VA

#26 May 30, 2014
and the band plays on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatcha Doing? (Jul '15) Tue Grape jelly 52
Last Post Winz (Apr '14) Tue _FLATLINE-------- 423
**TP's Alphabet Twist** CB Forum Mon Princess Hey 37
Any 3 Words Colonial Beach Version Mon Princess Hey 18
Goosebumps Apr 16 ASAP 2
The Clowns... Last Post Wins A GoldFinder! Apr 16 Princess Hey 52
Texas Pete's Colonial Beach Forum (Aug '15) Apr 16 _FLATLINE-------- 118

King George Jobs

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages