Dirt roads in Riverside Meadows

Posted in the King George Forum

coffee man

Irvington, VA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Rode in Riverside Meadows the other day and the dirt roads are nothing but holes. The Town needs to keep up on regular repairs on these roads. Who's job is that? I guess they need a work order. That what I hear when I call down there. I guess they can't do anything until somebody calls. That's a bad way to run a business. Other Towns don't seem to have this problems. What is it management or what,if so it may need a new one. Come on get off your butts !!!!
TR Jones

Tappahannock, VA

#2 Jan 18, 2013
It is the management! They never leave their offices to see the town falling apart. Everybody pays taxes, including those in Riverside Meadows. There should be regular maintenance - people shouldn't have to call and complain. Get rid of Murphy!
HB Rules

United States

#3 Jan 18, 2013
you got to trick them into doing work. Govt at any level wants to maintain controll so what you need to do is get some friends to help you start with street repair on that dirt road. The town will be there in 1 minute flat to shut you down cause they will say its their road and responsibility. at that point hand them the shovel and tell them to get to work.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#4 Jan 18, 2013
HB Rules wrote:
you got to trick them into doing work. Govt at any level wants to maintain controll so what you need to do is get some friends to help you start with street repair on that dirt road. The town will be there in 1 minute flat to shut you down cause they will say its their road and responsibility. at that point hand them the shovel and tell them to get to work.
Your on a rip I will say that. Did someone spike your coffee w/SC?(Southern Comfort) Go for it, from what I have seen so far :)
That trick thing is what started it all. It's human nature, and you have to take the last step in the thought process to see it.
Sat radio is very informative, That's how I got the lead to this guy. He's explicit and funny in an adult kind of way, and you can discern how RM came about. Had I not found the bottle first I might have burned the rock too :)
For boat people the key words, explicit apple and bong :)

there once

King George, VA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
hey call and complain to Jean. she's in charge of that dept. she has no freakin clue of what actually needs to be done in this town. everybody complains about Rob..but at least he knows his job and does it very well when higher ups will let him.
TR Jones

Tappahannock, VA

#6 Jan 18, 2013
Nothing got done while Rob was in charge, either.
The Point

Gloucester, VA

#7 Jan 19, 2013
Stop complaining, you were idiots buying houses on dirt roads!
TR Jones

Aylett, VA

#8 Jan 19, 2013
The Point wrote:
Don't care about them being dirt. Just care that they aren't maintained and have six inch deep potholes.
been there too

King George, VA

#9 Jan 26, 2013
there once wrote:
hey call and complain to Jean. she's in charge of that dept. she has no freakin clue of what actually needs to be done in this town. everybody complains about Rob..but at least he knows his job and does it very well when higher ups will let him.
can't call jean, she's too busy in court sueing people with false accusations, when actually, she's the one at fault. she's a crazy lunatic. Rob has done a pretty good job, all things considered. if they finally get rid of dead weight Jean and free up $60,000, untie Robs hands, let his guys do their job and the town will come back to life
The Problem

Tappahannock, VA

#10 Jan 26, 2013
I say free up $175,000 and get rid of all three managers, Rob, Jill and Jean (since they're duplicative anyway, all work the same Monday - Friday daytime shift). Bring in one competent person at $50,000 - $60,000 as a Supervisor. Save over $100,000. That equates to over two cents on the real estate tax rate.
Snow Bird

Aylett, VA

#11 Jan 26, 2013
The Point wrote:
The town does a very poor job about maintaining everything roads,buildings,pump stations,vehicles and etc... Do your job Public Works. You have to wait until you have a lot of complaints before you do a damn thing. Like I said Do your job and don't wait until the complaints come in.
would like to know

King George, VA

#12 Jan 26, 2013
Snow Bird wrote:
<quoted text> The town does a very poor job about maintaining everything roads,buildings,pump stations,vehicles and etc... Do your job Public Works. You have to wait until you have a lot of complaints before you do a damn thing. Like I said Do your job and don't wait until the complaints come in.
really? how much do you know about pump stations?
Snow Bird

Aylett, VA

#13 Jan 26, 2013
would like to know wrote:
<quoted text>
really? how much do you know about pump stations?
A lot
been there too

King George, VA

#14 Jan 26, 2013
thats what I thought
Kingfish

Montross, VA

#15 Jan 26, 2013
been there too wrote:
thats what I thought
Leave Tim alone!
would like to know

King George, VA

#16 Jan 26, 2013
Kingfish wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave Tim alone!
he's lucky he's not in jail
River monkeys

Colonial Beach, VA

#17 Feb 1, 2013
So if I fall and trip on this dirt roads can I sue them if I break a leg or my son falls in one of these holes and cracks his head open can sue them for not maintaining the roads.
JUST KNOW

Gloucester, VA

#18 Feb 1, 2013
River monkeys wrote:
So if I fall and trip on this dirt roads can I sue them if I break a leg or my son falls in one of these holes and cracks his head open can sue them for not maintaining the roads.
You can sue ayone you want to..question is: Could you win?

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#19 Feb 1, 2013
River monkeys wrote:
Contacting an attorney may not be a bad play. In order to obtain "permanent" financing the seller, in your case, a developer of a new community, that the roads have not been completed, must certify that there is a road maintenance agreement or a performance bond held by the local jurisdiction. If you go through your closing documents, you should find the answer to your question.
seriously

King George, VA

#20 Feb 1, 2013
River monkeys wrote:
how about you and your son not be morons and watch where you walk, idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tipsa (Jan '14) 58 min wtcsret 100
Township to be dissolved 7 hr Overheard at Olas... 1
Council AXES Police Vehicles 10 hr cbcitizen 40
best x-mas present we can ask for 14 hr Osprey Annie 2
Gone....! Wed Bubba22443 29
Santa Dec 23 Elf 3
revitalization Grant Dec 23 WTCSRET 4
King George Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web