Time for a change

Marietta, GA

#23 Jul 11, 2012
HB Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
I tink the last I heard, police officers in Ney York City make over 100k a year. We should pay our officers 100k and automatically they would be the best police force ever for the town, right? At the same time we should make a town minimum wage of 25$ an hour so our McDee employees will be the best and when I order a value meal it will be something more than a mystery bag meal.
Well it's like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I don't know too many people who are interested (me included) in risking their lives regardless of where it is for under $30k a year. Maybe that's the reason that the turnover in the town police department is so high and most of the quality officers that end up in Colonial Beach don't stay here long. It tells me all I need to know when the regional drug task force doesn't even want anyone from the Colonial Beach town police dept. on their task force. It's definitely past time for a change. As for McDonalds, they are far from protecting and most of the time serving anyone. Comparing them to the police is like comparing apples and oranges. After all you get what you pay for or in some cases what you don't pay for.
Concerned citizen

United States

#24 Jul 11, 2012
Look! This guy made a mistake, cops everywhere makes bigger mistakes than this guy. If this is all I have to worry about in Colonial Beach is a Police Officer having a few to many drinks when he is off then it's all good! At least there not out molesting children and things like that! Seriously get a life! I'm glad that Blevins Sr. Is making the progress he has been doing, the beach has never, and I mean never had a GREAT group of officers in that town!
VETNAM 2

Centreville, VA

#25 Jul 11, 2012
HB Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
I tink the last I heard, police officers in Ney York City make over 100k a year. We should pay our officers 100k and automatically they would be the best police force ever for the town, right? At the same time we should make a town minimum wage of 25$ an hour so our McDee employees will be the best and when I order a value meal it will be something more than a mystery bag meal.
HB.....

In Scranton, PA., because of budget considerations, they all make the same hourly wage.....Police, Fire, and Mickey D's.

We could be a lot worse off.
Seriously

Glen Allen, VA

#26 Jul 11, 2012
Concerned Citizen--after reading that comment, u should be called Crazy Citizen
HB Rules

United States

#27 Jul 11, 2012
Time for a change wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. I don't know too many people who are interested (me included) in risking their lives regardless of where it is for under $30k a year. Maybe that's the reason that the turnover in the town police department is so high and most of the quality officers that end up in Colonial Beach don't stay here long. It tells me all I need to know when the regional drug task force doesn't even want anyone from the Colonial Beach town police dept. on their task force. It's definitely past time for a change. As for McDonalds, they are far from protecting and most of the time serving anyone. Comparing them to the police is like comparing apples and oranges. After all you get what you pay for or in some cases what you don't pay for.
30k is 30k more than many people are making right now. I have worked for much less.
HB Rules

United States

#28 Jul 11, 2012
VETNAM 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
HB.....
In Scranton, PA., because of budget considerations, they all make the same hourly wage.....Police, Fire, and Mickey D's.
We could be a lot worse off.
The way I operate is if you dont like your pay find another job. I have made that choice before.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#29 Jul 12, 2012
HB Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not that big of a deal. I hear Obama is asking the law enforcement community and judges not to enforce DWI and DUI arrest starting tomorrow. Its an extension of the non enforcement policies of our imigration laws. Obama is trying to sure up a key voting block for his reelection. He got 90% to 95% of that voting block in the last election and internal polling is telling him he needs close to 100% for reelection. Currently he has blacks, illegal aliens, bitter women against men, gays, lesbians, and if he can so up the vote of drunks who kill people on the road he has a shot at winning the election.
In 2000 Bush actually got a boost in the polls when his DUI was uncovered.. so it's actually not a bad idea to have drunks on your side. I'll take the gays, lesbians, and blacks over those annoying kids who come by my house several times a week, trying to brainwash me into being a Mormon.(Romney's voting bloc, along with white guys who hate minorities, those that are scared of the UN (Don't take my guns!!!!) and old people who hate taxes and the federal government yet love Social Security and Medicare.:)
Bill P

Moyock, NC

#30 Jul 12, 2012
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2000 Bush actually got a boost in the polls when his DUI was uncovered.. so it's actually not a bad idea to have drunks on your side. I'll take the gays, lesbians, and blacks over those annoying kids who come by my house several times a week, trying to brainwash me into being a Mormon.(Romney's voting bloc, along with white guys who hate minorities, those that are scared of the UN (Don't take my guns!!!!) and old people who hate taxes and the federal government yet love Social Security and Medicare.:)
Congrats ass-clown! You successfully turned the topic of a policeman getting a DUI into a pseudo political-religious argument where you expose your ignorance and bias! You just made my day! Now get back to work before you end up like one of Obama's welfare voters. Oh, and have another 'frickin cool-aid while your at it!

Location hidden

#31 Jul 12, 2012
Bill P wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats ass-clown! You successfully turned the topic of a policeman getting a DUI into a pseudo political-religious argument where you expose your ignorance and bias! You just made my day! Now get back to work before you end up like one of Obama's welfare voters. Oh, and have another 'frickin cool-aid while your at it!
Thanks for the kind words Bill!! Actually HB turned the arguement from DUI to religious/political, so I suspect you should be giving him shit as well. Besides, HB and I often have playful political banter back and forth..so he/she won't mind if you bust his/her hump a bit. And I am ignorant how? For giving HB a hard time about bigotry, which he/she often uses as a joke as well? Hmmmm, guilty as charged.
I may be an "assclown" or even a "clownass", but you my friend are a "tight ass"...relax a bit and turn off FoxNews, it's on 24 hours.
HB Rules

Virginia Beach, VA

#32 Jul 12, 2012
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry,

I am not sure that DUI story helped Bush. I think after the media ran with it they started backpeddling when they saw no movement. As for the UN and guns, they cant keep the peace, I doubt they will when a war on guns. As far as voting blocks, I cant support voting blocks that support candidates to the tune of 98%. AT least the white voting block has honest debate and you can understand two sides forming and voting the way they do. 98% are numbers that Mayor Barry used to get. Thats a vote on skin color and will lead to the collapse of this country.
HB Rules

Portsmouth, VA

#33 Jul 12, 2012
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the kind words Bill!! Actually HB turned the arguement from DUI to religious/political, so I suspect you should be giving him shit as well. Besides, HB and I often have playful political banter back and forth..so he/she won't mind if you bust his/her hump a bit. And I am ignorant how? For giving HB a hard time about bigotry, which he/she often uses as a joke as well? Hmmmm, guilty as charged.
I may be an "assclown" or even a "clownass", but you my friend are a "tight ass"...relax a bit and turn off FoxNews, it's on 24 hours.
we our not honoring that fine upstanding dearly departed drug addicted rodney king here, lets get back on track and lets all get along.

the cool thing for the liberals is they will get 2 votes from rodney this year. they will get his dead vote along with his normal vote.

Location hidden

#34 Jul 12, 2012
Well, I look at it this way. If I werre black Larry, I would have voted for Obama. If I was Mormon Larry, I would vote for Romney, just because it is historical. In March of 2009 an old white farmer and I were talking politics. I was sure he was a GOP voter (my own form of judging ohters) and he says rather eloquently, "I'm glad that black boy won... us white people have been f*&^ing things up for over 200 years. It is time to give someone else a shot" "Touche" was the only retort I had.
Voting blocks are a reality. 1 issue voters are a reality. Just part of the game. Both liberals and conservatives have their Utopian dreams, and in both worlds, those voting blocks don't exist. However, we're a long way away from either.

Location hidden

#35 Jul 12, 2012
And I'm pretty sure Rodney King = the typical poster boy for the average african american/liberal voter. I don't equate Ted Bundy to the typical white american/conservative voter.:)
HB Rules

Portsmouth, VA

#36 Jul 12, 2012
smartassofficial wrote:
And I'm pretty sure Rodney King = the typical poster boy for the average african american/liberal voter. I don't equate Ted Bundy to the typical white american/conservative voter.:)
the typical serial killer is a white middle aged man, being a white middle aged man he would have a more than 50/50 chance of voting for a Repulican/conservative. Its not hard to accept the norm unless you are a liberal.
HB Rules

Portsmouth, VA

#37 Jul 12, 2012
smartassofficial wrote:
Well, I look at it this way. If I werre black Larry, I would have voted for Obama. If I was Mormon Larry, I would vote for Romney, just because it is historical. In March of 2009 an old white farmer and I were talking politics. I was sure he was a GOP voter (my own form of judging ohters) and he says rather eloquently, "I'm glad that black boy won... us white people have been f*&^ing things up for over 200 years. It is time to give someone else a shot" "Touche" was the only retort I had.
Voting blocks are a reality. 1 issue voters are a reality. Just part of the game. Both liberals and conservatives have their Utopian dreams, and in both worlds, those voting blocks don't exist. However, we're a long way away from either.
not sure how to respond to that except to say if maybe we give Obama another 196 years in office he will either turn the economy around or he will finally admit to being a Islamist supporter.

Location hidden

#38 Jul 12, 2012
Well, in 196 years when our brains are kept alive by robots you can say, "I told you so."!:)
I understand conservatives being skeptical of the President, just as I am of Romney, but to say he's an Islamist supporter has always been a little perplexing. I mean, he did authorize the killing of the the biggest "Islamist" terrorist in the world. But, I'm certainly not going to change any minds on Topix. Have enjoyed the debate however...breaks up the monotony of my work day.
No Brainer

King George, VA

#39 Jul 12, 2012
The topic was the DUI arrest of a CB cop. If you can't stick to that, then take it elsewhere. Nobody but you guys cares about what you are discussing.
MinCB

Virginia Beach, VA

#40 Jul 12, 2012
If I remember right Jimmy Gray got a DWI when working for Westmoreland County.

Location hidden

#41 Jul 12, 2012
Hey "No Brainer" is called the scroll button..if you don't like it, don't read it.

Location hidden

#42 Jul 12, 2012
HB Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
the typical serial killer is a white middle aged man, being a white middle aged man he would have a more than 50/50 chance of voting for a Repulican/conservative. Its not hard to accept the norm unless you are a liberal.
True, but keep in mind those folks have only been allowed to vote for a short period of time. Liberals fought for civil rights and voting rights. Rand Paul thinks the civil rights bill is unconstitutional. Can you blame them for block voting?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 17 hr Princess Hey 6,486
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 17 hr Princess Hey 5,612
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 17 hr Princess Hey 17,932
Spanish guy Fri Italian Mafia 1
Colonial Beach Music Thread (Apr '14) Feb 22 Paris- Cowboy 68
What happen to Chelsea's kitchen Feb 20 wtcsret 9
Colonial Beach High School Alumni reunion (Jun '07) Feb 20 wtcsret 3

King George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance