First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cindy Lou Who

White Stone, VA

#21 Jul 11, 2013
business wrote:
I by no means have agreed with all the b.s. that has surrounded, and at times been stirred up by Rick. However, if anyone wants to come rent a space and sell food, they should be allowed to as long as they they have their health department paperwork etc. in order. Who cares if they sell some of the same products. The town is setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit by not allowing free enterprise. Whats next? Is the town going to limit the number of plumbers or electricians allowed to operate in town?
If the letter said too many of the same type of vendors on the Boardwalk that is very likely restraint of trade unless there is some policy, laws or whatever restricting such. Even then it is probably still restraint of trade. You have High Tides and Riverboat selling similar items (burgers, crab cakes, etc). I'd contact the FTC. They love this shit. You don't even need your own lawyer. They will throw legal crap at this town until they yell uncle! The FTC doesn't even care if you have a case. They will still throw tons of paper at the town. The town will go broke(er) or even bankrupt paying the legal fees just to answer the FTC's queries. Most of the time anyone the FTC goes after gives up after absorbent legal fees and signs a statement saying "no we didn't do it and we surely never will." But in the meantime...$$$$
JUSTICE4ALL

King George, VA

#22 Jul 12, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
<quoted text>
When you explain it that way, I hear the justice system ringing up the CRs (Cash Register)s. Any idea what the legal PC is for the restraint. You can't just make stuff up, there must be a documented reason that will be reasonable to a judge or that great word "Damages" enters the equation :)
I agree this time with you WTC the town manager is sitting the town up for another LAW SUIT.
Hot Diggidi

Alexandria, VA

#23 Jul 12, 2013
Rick, you Should set up satellite hot dog stand at Eleanor park. We could use some nourishment at the point.

“We Should Worry!”

Since: Dec 08

Colonial Beach

#24 Jul 12, 2013
Mr. Dawg,

How many times do you think town will be swayed by your self-promoting, selfgoodness soapbox stance?

We DO Recall the following -
Aug 19, 2012 you wrote: "that the Dawg House is leaving....As I stated in the Town Council Meeting I will not be doing Business in this Town after the closing of this year....

Sep 6, 2012 - Rick AKA Dawg: Yes the Dawg house has gone...After all the red tape I feel so better that that venture was over. To Many problems to run a business in this town.

Feb 3, 2013 - The Dawg Is Back: Just wanted all to know that the New Dawg House is Ready to hit the Streets of Colonial Beach all MOBILE no spot needed. No Colonial Beach Red Tape..... business license I have a mobile vendor license from state of va. And all other proper license to operate. And I have the council support.

May 21, 2013 - Rick AKA Dawg:...I have my RESUME ready in hand as well as all my College Background. And also letter from Donald Trump. I am willing to take a Pay Cut to 40,000...

May 25, 2013 - dawg wrote: Left because of all the political Bull Shit....

A Response to this was: "Nothing has changed, if u couldn't take it then, u won't be able to take it now. u will leave again...."

Mr. Dawg you wrote that you were leaving and not coming back; then you came back via 'Mobile' and left again. Then you came back again. Left again. Came back. I cannot count the times. With your comments on Topix, I can understand why Town Hall has had enough of you. I know I have. Please leave and take your Donald Trump Letter with you.

“In the meantime”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#25 Jul 12, 2013
Unless he is also TH he sees something worth beating his head against the wall for :) He will either make some money, feel really better when he stops, or end up min a I love me jacket (because his side job IS TH :)I feel options 2&3 are possible but I am rooting for 1 :)

“Kelsea's Kitchen”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#26 Jul 12, 2013
Babbit Ishkabibble wrote:
Mr. Dawg,
How many times do you think town will be swayed by your self-promoting, selfgoodness soapbox stance?
We DO Recall the following -
Aug 19, 2012 you wrote: "that the Dawg House is leaving....As I stated in the Town Council Meeting I will not be doing Business in this Town after the closing of this year....
Sep 6, 2012 - Rick AKA Dawg: Yes the Dawg house has gone...After all the red tape I feel so better that that venture was over. To Many problems to run a business in this town.
Feb 3, 2013 - The Dawg Is Back: Just wanted all to know that the New Dawg House is Ready to hit the Streets of Colonial Beach all MOBILE no spot needed. No Colonial Beach Red Tape..... business license I have a mobile vendor license from state of va. And all other proper license to operate. And I have the council support.
May 21, 2013 - Rick AKA Dawg:...I have my RESUME ready in hand as well as all my College Background. And also letter from Donald Trump. I am willing to take a Pay Cut to 40,000...
May 25, 2013 - dawg wrote: Left because of all the political Bull Shit....
A Response to this was: "Nothing has changed, if u couldn't take it then, u won't be able to take it now. u will leave again...."
Mr. Dawg you wrote that you were leaving and not coming back; then you came back via 'Mobile' and left again. Then you came back again. Left again. Came back. I cannot count the times. With your comments on Topix, I can understand why Town Hall has had enough of you. I know I have. Please leave and take your Donald Trump Letter with you.
Thank you for your input but all those dawgs are my supporters. I don't need to hide under a name. but I see you must be interested you seem to be a follower you been saying all your notes.
Hot Diggidi

Alexandria, VA

#27 Jul 12, 2013
He has the right to open a business, and should be allowed to, but, I wouldn't support him because he can't be counted on. Here today, gone tomorrow. He has stated before why he left. Once again nothing has changed since he left except for maybe some new antics that appeared to irritate council.....
business

Colonial Beach, VA

#28 Jul 12, 2013
If the town does not get their act together real quick, Rick will have turned this new hot dog stand into a very profitable venture without even selling the first item. If the council, town manager, and town attorney aren't very careful, they will all be sitting with egg on their face and it will all come at the tax payers expense! As I havthate stated before, I have not supported Rick or the drama that comes with him. I do support his rite to open a business in town. I do not support stupidity from the powers that be, that will lead the town into a lawsuit that will be very costly. Rick, if this was your business plan from the get go, I have to give it to you. They are playing right into your hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Eats in CB! 20 min Grandma 19
olonial Beach Police Department 2 hr Detective 71
Colonial Beach History 13 hr wtcsret 4
Town council meeting 15 hr Music lover 24
Colonial Beach raises water rates (Jul '12) Tue Tim 80
Colonial Beach School Fire Ruled Arson Tue Karen 9
need 55 gal steel barrel for burning Mon clutch711 3
•••
•••
•••