Davis wants to be on the boardwalk

Davis wants to be on the boardwalk

Posted in the King George Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sharon

Washington, DC

#1 Jul 10, 2013
The reasons given in today's paper seem like the council members scrambling for a reason to say no. Are they protecing A certain business down there for some reason?

“Kelsea's Kitchen”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#2 Jul 10, 2013
I don't know what the reason is but I feel my rights to free enterprise Business has been taking from me.
I will take it to the next level.
I am rick Davis and I approve this message !!
Shirts

King George, VA

#3 Jul 11, 2013
I hear Rick has started a clothing line and will be giving FREE T SHIRTS out tonight
just wonder

Warrenton, VA

#4 Jul 11, 2013
r u the gentleman that drives Purvis van?? just wonder
ondo Queen

King George, VA

#5 Jul 11, 2013
Let him come back! I miss watching him washing his dirty dishes in the town parking lot.
Fred Smith

Oxon Hill, MD

#6 Jul 11, 2013
Rickakadawg wrote:
I don't know what the reason is but I feel my rights to free enterprise Business has been taking from me.
I will take it to the next level.
I am rick Davis and I approve this message !!
Exactly why do u want to come back?
U r so negative.
Sharon

Hampton, VA

#7 Jul 11, 2013
Fred Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why do u want to come back?
U r so negative.
Id be pretty upset myself if i missed out on 3 weeks of profit

Since: Oct 08

King George, VA

#8 Jul 11, 2013
IMHO there are a few things that need to be brought out here, come Hell or High Water... What I don't understand is this man Ricky (aka Rickakadawg) goes through the entire process of getting all his licenses, permits, etc. to do business on the Boardwalk, just like the Town Clerks Office told him too and they still come up with a bunch of Bovine Skat and tell him NO!

He wanted to have a business selling Funnel Cakes and Boardwalk Fries. Not sure about the Boardwalk Fries, but nobody else is selling Funnel Cakes on the Boardwalk. Then the Town Manager says NO! That we have enough people already on the Boardwalk selling the same items. Really?!?

Ever hear of a little thing called COMPETITION?

Why not Work with your competitors when the interest of the community and planet are at stake.

THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE SIX (6) EMPTY SLOTS NOT BEING RENTED OUT BY THE TOWN... WHY? Why not let Ricky give it a shot? There are certain people in town that seem to constantly cut off the town's nose just to spite it's face.

Just don't like the way they collect all those fees for permits and licenses when they already have their minds made up before hand.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#9 Jul 11, 2013
Masterscout wrote:
IMHO there are a few things that need to be brought out here, come Hell or High Water... What I don't understand is this man Ricky (aka Rickakadawg) goes through the entire process of getting all his licenses, permits, etc. to do business on the Boardwalk, just like the Town Clerks Office told him too and they still come up with a bunch of Bovine Skat and tell him NO!
He wanted to have a business selling Funnel Cakes and Boardwalk Fries. Not sure about the Boardwalk Fries, but nobody else is selling Funnel Cakes on the Boardwalk. Then the Town Manager says NO! That we have enough people already on the Boardwalk selling the same items. Really?!?
Ever hear of a little thing called COMPETITION?
Why not Work with your competitors when the interest of the community and planet are at stake.
THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE SIX (6) EMPTY SLOTS NOT BEING RENTED OUT BY THE TOWN... WHY? Why not let Ricky give it a shot? There are certain people in town that seem to constantly cut off the town's nose just to spite it's face.
Just don't like the way they collect all those fees for permits and licenses when they already have their minds made up before hand.
When you explain it that way, I hear the justice system ringing up the CRs (Cash Register)s. Any idea what the legal PC is for the restraint. You can't just make stuff up, there must be a documented reason that will be reasonable to a judge or that great word "Damages" enters the equation :)

Since: Oct 08

King George, VA

#10 Jul 11, 2013
Masterscout wrote:
IMHO there are a few things that need to be brought out here, come Hell or High Water... What I don't understand is this man Ricky (aka Rickakadawg) goes through the entire process of getting all his licenses, permits, etc. to do business on the Boardwalk, just like the Town Clerks Office told him too and they still come up with a bunch of Bovine Skat and tell him NO!
He wanted to have a business selling Funnel Cakes and Boardwalk Fries. Not sure about the Boardwalk Fries, but nobody else is selling Funnel Cakes on the Boardwalk. Then the Town Manager says NO! That we have enough people already on the Boardwalk selling the same items. Really?!?
Ever hear of a little thing called COMPETITION?
Why not Work with your competitors when the interest of the community and planet are at stake.
THERE IS SOMETHING LIKE SIX (6) EMPTY SLOTS NOT BEING RENTED OUT BY THE TOWN... WHY? Why not let Ricky give it a shot? There are certain people in town that seem to constantly cut off the town's nose just to spite it's face.
Just don't like the way they collect all those fees for permits and licenses when they already have their minds made up before hand.
OK... Judge it anyway you want to... I saw the paperwork and the state permit for food handling. I also saw the letter stating that there was too many of the same type busineses on the boardwalk.

My gripe is this... He asked for them to be up front with him... what are my chances of getting this approved? Sorry we can't say anything, you have to fill out all the paper work, pay the fees, and then we will let you know... That is one more reason some entrepreneurs don't come here to set up businesses. I also saw the letter stating why the town turned down his request... plain and simple... too many of the same type of food being sold... If I knew one of the other vendors was selling Funnel Cakes I'd be there to get one... haven't seen any yet... Have You?
beach friendly

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2013
Sharon wrote:
<quoted text>
Id be pretty upset myself if i missed out on 3 weeks of profit
What does Larry think,ok no need to say

Since: Oct 08

King George, VA

#12 Jul 11, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
<quoted text>
When you explain it that way, I hear the justice system ringing up the CRs (Cash Register)s. Any idea what the legal PC is for the restraint. You can't just make stuff up, there must be a documented reason that will be reasonable to a judge or that great word "Damages" enters the equation :)
The only thing that seems to be going Cha-ching! is the cash register collecting fees for processing paperwork and then being rubber stamped NOT APPROVED!
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#13 Jul 11, 2013
Masterscout wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that seems to be going Cha-ching! is the cash register collecting fees for processing paperwork and then being rubber stamped NOT APPROVED!
I heard somewhere that it's not Governments job to pick Winners and Losers :)

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#14 Jul 11, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard somewhere that it's not Governments job to pick Winners and Losers :)
Yeah, I think George Zimmerman probably does not agree with your statement right now.
Hot Diggidi

United States

#15 Jul 11, 2013
As long as he's not selling wieners.
Another example of town not being business friendly?
It's his business to succeed or fail.
I wonder if he will be at council meeting tonight?
CB Tax Payer

Jackson, MI

#16 Jul 11, 2013
If he decided to sell something healthy he'd have the market cornered ! The'd need a new excuse for him ! This town never changes!
CB Tax Payer

Jackson, MI

#17 Jul 11, 2013
He should sell from a boat off the boardwalk and have swimming waiters!

“Kelsea's Kitchen”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#18 Jul 11, 2013
I was at the meeting and said what I had to say I will not say anything bad about this town I still want to have a spot on the Board Walk and will wait until my appeal is herd and a replay is giving. I Dated my appeal and Stamped by Town June 25th, 2013 and as I was told they have 30 days to have a written answer to me. so I will know by July 25th,2013... I have started a Advertisement Business as well as a Tea Shirt I will be passing out my new T-Shirts around the Town free of charge.

....COLONIAL BEACH VA A NICE PLACE TO LIVE BUT NOT A GOOD PLACE TO TRY TO OPEN A BUSINESS.........

Mr Curtain as a Council member and in charge up Development can I get a answer as to why ? and can you show me the other Vendors that are selling products that I was going to sell ?

“Kelsea's Kitchen”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#19 Jul 11, 2013
CB Tax Payer wrote:
He should sell from a boat off the boardwalk and have swimming waiters!
lol that could be next or maybe I will play Music from my Boat so all the Beachers can hear some Music free of charge and I will be in Maryland Waters. great Idea thasnks
business

Urbanna, VA

#20 Jul 11, 2013
I by no means have agreed with all the b.s. that has surrounded, and at times been stirred up by Rick. However, if anyone wants to come rent a space and sell food, they should be allowed to as long as they they have their health department paperwork etc. in order. Who cares if they sell some of the same products. The town is setting themselves up for a huge lawsuit by not allowing free enterprise. Whats next? Is the town going to limit the number of plumbers or electricians allowed to operate in town?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone remember the Stardust Hotel in MD (Aug '09) 16 hr CB Resident 24
Town law suit Sat wtcsret 4
Tc meeting 7/19 Fri wtcsret 6
Why Colonial Beach is awful! (Jul '12) Jul 21 OldCBHistorian 103
Personal property tax (Feb '15) Jul 21 OldCBHistorian 46
low flying plane Jul 20 wtcsret 3
Sharks (Aug '13) Jul 20 Angela Boyd 41

King George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages