playing with fire

King George, VA

#21 Jan 22, 2013
Louie loose screw wrote:
One on one.....you must be Jill. No one else but her thinks that highly of her!
My dog has a license can he work in public works? He manages a lot a waste.....probably a better manager than her!!!
you people better beware. when you look at her, you are staring at the eyes of the devil. cruel, hateful woman. she can reach out in many different ways
you dont know

King George, VA

#22 Jan 22, 2013
People Please wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the second part of your statement, but I see no reason to lay off Murphy since he's wasting taxpayer dollars to the tune of $70,000 per year.
you people have no idea how good a job rob does under the circumstances. if he didn't have to constantly defend himself against everyone, and val, you would see a pretty well run system. but val hires 2 crazy women who have NO clue what they are doing and creating havoc. their time will come, they have pissed off the wrong people this time
court docket

King George, VA

#23 Jan 22, 2013
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this Jean?
yep

Case was continued.
Question

Alexandria, VA

#24 Jan 23, 2013
court docket wrote:
<quoted text>
yep
Case was continued.
What type of case r u talking about?
Oliver

King William, VA

#25 Jan 23, 2013
What is the chain of command at publc works?If these woman are causing a problem shouldn't Rob Murphy be able to handle it?I have heard that all 3 managers work directly under Val Foulds.Whos on first and whats on second,this appears to be more of Val Foulds mismanagement of the departments.
outsider

Washington, DC

#26 Jan 23, 2013
There is always one common demoninatorThe Towm Mgr..If the town council would fix the common demoninator they would have a lot less problems Wake up people
no way

Reisterstown, MD

#27 Jan 23, 2013
Oliver wrote:
What is the chain of command at publc works?If these woman are causing a problem shouldn't Rob Murphy be able to handle it?I have heard that all 3 managers work directly under Val Foulds.Whos on first and whats on second,this appears to be more of Val Foulds mismanagement of the departments.
robs hands are tied. Val pulled the rug out from under him. He has no power or no say
Girl Power

King William, VA

#28 Jan 23, 2013
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
robs hands are tied. Val pulled the rug out from under him. He has no power or no say
When He did have say He did not have the back bone to handle the job.That is why Val had to put other managers in place.Has anyone noticed how nice the Town starting looking once the girls came in?Why was it not done while Rob was in charge.
In The Know

King William, VA

#29 Jan 23, 2013
Bottom line is that Murphy was always incompetent. Val brought in "woman power" instead of dealing with his poor performance. Now the women are in charge and on a power trip. Yet Murphy still makes big money for doing nothing, and the women rule by threats, swearing,and intimidation. Face it - this is how Val works. Taxpayer money means nothing to her, and she doesn't give a flip about any of the employees - they just have to get in line under the women or get fired.
no way

Reisterstown, MD

#30 Jan 23, 2013
When He did have say He did not have the back bone to handle the job.That is why Val had to put other managers in place.Has anyone noticed how nice the Town starting looking once the girls came in?Why was it not done while Rob was in charge.
explain what was not getting done before all of the women took over? Say something that was not being taken care of before val hired 2 women. Go ahead, seems like the town was doing well long before val got here
sad

King George, VA

#31 Jan 23, 2013
In The Know wrote:
Bottom line is that Murphy was always incompetent. Val brought in "woman power" instead of dealing with his poor performance. Now the women are in charge and on a power trip. Yet Murphy still makes big money for doing nothing, and the women rule by threats, swearing,and intimidation. Face it - this is how Val works. Taxpayer money means nothing to her, and she doesn't give a flip about any of the employees - they just have to get in line under the women or get fired.
Agree with most of what you say except for ruling with intimidating and cursing. Girls do a better job but need to respect people, employees as well as citizens. If they cannot do that they we need to replace them until we find the right people. There are always good people looking for good jobs. New Council will probably gain momentum after the first change at the first meeting.
In The Know

King William, VA

#32 Jan 23, 2013
I was in no condoning that behavior - anything but!!! I think all PW managers need to go, as well as that unhelpful secretary. How about some customer service and a little respect for the citizens who pay your salary?
sad

King George, VA

#33 Jan 23, 2013
Abby Walcher wrote:
Please provide details.
Rick, have you been following all of this?

once again why is Rick watching and caring? Do they even live in the town?
Just saying

Bowling Green, VA

#34 Jan 24, 2013
Now now. Lest us not be male chauvinists. Whether it be men or woman no one should either mis treat or be mis treated. It's apperant to me that the town is looking better and at least functioning better from a building and grounds perspective So peel the onion. Who's responsible for this? Not Rob. He's sat on his ass for years milking the barstool at the Eagles. Its time for him to go. Val needs to make some changes and if she can't then she needs to go. As far as the infrastructure in this town , water and sewer , enough is enough! What the hell has he done!!!! I don't hear him ringing the bell. He's just sitting back letting the "girls" take the heat. Instead of making comments about things you know nothing about be constructive and state the facts. Rob is the problem!!! He's a non performer who just complains and hides behind everyone else blaming them for his misfortune. Get a life and move on!!! We're lucky to have someone to even come and work in this town with all of the "crap" that goes on.... Who would want to work here??????
just saying 2

Warrenton, VA

#35 Jan 24, 2013
the beach looked GREAT back when DEBBIE was out there she had the men behind her,she was a GREAT worker no this not is not DEBBIE either,she took her job like a man. you could drive the beach and see her digging,weeding what was needed.

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#36 Jan 24, 2013
First snow since we have taken over the road maintenance from the State. Which brings up the question: This one was not bad, but if we get hit hard, does our resource starved town have enough funds for snow removal?
perplexed

Roanoke, VA

#37 Jan 24, 2013
ok, so if the town is doing the roads, where is the crew. the roads are horrible.
no way

Reisterstown, MD

#38 Jan 24, 2013
Just saying wrote:
Now now. Lest us not be male chauvinists. Whether it be men or woman no one should either mis treat or be mis treated. It's apperant to me that the town is looking better and at least functioning better from a building and grounds perspective So peel the onion. Who's responsible for this? Not Rob. He's sat on his ass for years milking the barstool at the Eagles. Its time for him to go. Val needs to make some changes and if she can't then she needs to go. As far as the infrastructure in this town , water and sewer , enough is enough! What the hell has he done!!!! I don't hear him ringing the bell. He's just sitting back letting the "girls" take the heat. Instead of making comments about things you know nothing about be constructive and state the facts. Rob is the problem!!! He's a non performer who just complains and hides behind everyone else blaming them for his misfortune. Get a life and move on!!! We're lucky to have someone to even come and work in this town with all of the "crap" that goes on.... Who would want to work here??????
rob complain and hide? Seriously? What does he complain about other than getting railroaded for things beyond his control. The incompetents are the women below him setting him up to fail, and the woman above him who has no clue how to run a town. The infrastructure you brought up, do you even know what that consists of? Probably not. This town is in much better shape now that the new guys have teamed up, under robs supervision, and have slowly brought this town back from the mess the no count drug addict that used to "maintain" the infrustructure. Just because you don't see things happening doesn't mean things aren't getting done. The women, who jump up and down screaming "look at me" are the ones who need to be reprimanded or let go for running the town and wastewater plant into ground

“C. Green”

Since: Sep 12

Colonial Beach

#39 Jan 24, 2013
Crew just worked on Garfield Ave, so I would say help is on the way. Thank You, Public Works. Must say, I got more than I was expecting.
just saying 2

Warrenton, VA

#40 Jan 24, 2013
perplexed wrote:
ok, so if the town is doing the roads, where is the crew. the roads are horrible.
yes the roads are bad why did they block dockside road at the point??? no sand no they are not clear of snow and not even the side streets which is just as important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
paris cowboy =music (Apr '14) 4 min WTCSRET 535
A to Z of song titles (Apr '14) 4 hr WTCSRET 511
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr -Prince- 4,390
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 4 hr -Prince- 4,908
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 4 hr -Prince- 16,710
A to Z: names of music artists (Apr '14) 6 hr WTCSRET 562
Song Title Game (Apr '14) 6 hr WTCSRET 466
More from around the web

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages