Yacht Club Pump Station
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Taxpayer

King George, VA

#1 Apr 11, 2013
I recently saw Town equipment and public works employees working on the Yacht Club pump station, what is going on here. This is private property, Town employees have NO business down there. If my tax dollars are being used on a private business, heads are going to roll. Wake up council, I want to know what is going on!
Stuff runs uphill

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Apr 11, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
I recently saw Town equipment and public works employees working on the Yacht Club pump station, what is going on here. This is private property, Town employees have NO business down there. If my tax dollars are being used on a private business, heads are going to roll. Wake up council, I want to know what is going on!
You idiot....the town used to own that property and there is a pump station down there that is still the towns.
are you sure

King George, VA

#3 Apr 11, 2013
Stuff runs uphill wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot....the town used to own that property and there is a pump station down there that is still the towns.
are you sure that the town owns it? I thought someone bought the yacht club from the town
What gives

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Apr 11, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
Council should be able to fix this damn quick. Does the town have the documentation to see who owns this? Do us citizens need to do some leg work for them? I for one do not support my dollars being spent on a millionaire's property! Give me a break!
Blue Sky

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Apr 11, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
Do you have any ideas what the employees were doing there? If it's private property...I'd like to know...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Town used to work on Della Mullin's house all the time... did lawn work for her. ;)
I Wonder

King George, VA

#7 Apr 11, 2013
Blue Sky wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any ideas what the employees were doing there? If it's private property...I'd like to know...
I heard the pump station blew up and they want the Town to replace it. I'm glade I don't live in CB. Hold on to your wallets people, you're getting ready to get the shaft.
Really

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Apr 11, 2013
Stuff runs uphill wrote:
<quoted text>
Used to own the property? Then wouldn't the sale of the property include everything? Are you kidding? Why would the town own a pump station that just runs for this owner? That just doesn't make sense!
beach bum

King George, VA

#9 Apr 11, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Used to own the property? Then wouldn't the sale of the property include everything? Are you kidding? Why would the town own a pump station that just runs for this owner? That just doesn't make sense!

Ask your mayor
Jethro Bodine

Alexandria, VA

#10 Apr 11, 2013
Two ways to find the answer without blowing this way out of proportion on Topix: 1) call the town manager's office 2) call Mr. Schick at the Yacht Club. Once you have the answer, be sure to let us know. More bad seeds being planted without knowing the facts. Y'all have a nice evening.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#11 Apr 11, 2013
Where do you figure the town responsibility would start? Think about the geography. As I recall that location would require a lift station just to start. The lateral probably runs into the lift station. Good thing you're using aka :)(Not ak47:)
Think BEFORE you type unless there is a crate of bananas next to the keyboard :)

http://www.ehow.com/list_7520813_lift-station...
Nuts

King William, VA

#12 Apr 12, 2013
It is the town's pump station. If it "blew up", it is the town's responsiblity. Hopefully there wasn't a major sewer leak.
Seriously

Derwood, MD

#13 Apr 12, 2013
Jethro Bodine wrote:
Two ways to find the answer without blowing this way out of proportion on Topix: 1) call the town manager's office 2) call Mr. Schick at the Yacht Club. Once you have the answer, be sure to let us know. More bad seeds being planted without knowing the facts. Y'all have a nice evening.
Really? You think the town will fight the yacht club owner and all his money? What is actually wrong with this pumping building? How much would it cost to fix it?
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#14 Apr 12, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think the town will fight the yacht club owner and all his money? What is actually wrong with this pumping building? How much would it cost to fix it?
There is no fight involved owners line owner pays, town line town pays. You don't even NEED a lawyer for that. And if you skimped on the backflow, well shame on you :)
Happy

King George, VA

#15 Apr 12, 2013
Who is that reporter lady for the local newspaper, Linda something? She needs to dig into this one, it looks like the council is going to give the citizens tax dollars to the rich man. Shame on you.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#16 Apr 12, 2013
It's Farnsworth and I'm 477 South :)
Go find a helo and paint it black :)
The people working the job know exactly where the line is and I bet they or a lookey-loo will rat the job out if it looks the least bit hinkey. That's human nature and it always prevails. It's big brother self interest will want a piece of the action. On a one man job as long as you don't tell someone it will stay a secret. We all know how well that works too :)
rosy

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 12, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
It's Farnsworth and I'm 477 South :)
Go find a helo and paint it black :)
The people working the job know exactly where the line is and I bet they or a lookey-loo will rat the job out if it looks the least bit hinkey. That's human nature and it always prevails. It's big brother self interest will want a piece of the action. On a one man job as long as you don't tell someone it will stay a secret. We all know how well that works too :)
Too many back door deals have gone on in this town for too long (including this one)and it's always never in the citizens interest!
Betsy Ross

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Apr 12, 2013
Happy wrote:
Who is that reporter lady for the local newspaper, Linda something? She needs to dig into this one, it looks like the council is going to give the citizens tax dollars to the rich man. Shame on you.
That would be Linda Farneth. I don't know about you but I don't think this council can get any story straight...as far as the digging, as long as Linda goes to the "right" horses mouth you'd get the poop otherwise this would be just another sewage story.
Waa Haa Haa

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Apr 12, 2013
Jethro Bodine wrote:
1)the town manger works for the concil; theycan't answer the phone and 2)To scared. By the way aren't deeds and ownership papers public information? Ya'll are too funny...
Lop-eared Galoot

Centreville, VA

#20 Apr 12, 2013
rosy wrote:
<quoted text>Too many back door deals have gone on in this town for too long (including this one)and it's always never in the citizens interest!
Always Never Say Never.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's in charge? 3 hr Don juan 1
Time for Trinity Building to Pay Up 6 hr The Facts 2
Town manager, cfo Aug 13 Springtime 8
low flying plane Aug 12 wtcsret 8
Prison Officers Alone Aug 10 Prison Officers A... 1
Green Moped Means Drugs Aug 9 wtcsret 5
crc contractors Aug 6 Travis 1

King George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance