First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Madtown

Warsaw, VA

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Town curfew even though I have my license is 10 even on weekends ???! WTH!! So how am I suppose to get from my house out of town ? I'm aloud to be out till 12 out of this stupid town ! Anything else this stupid ass town wants to make a rule so kids can keep destroying it !! How bout the cops lately , lurking aren't they ??? Do they actually think there doing something ? Pulling somebody over going 5 over isn't doing anything . That time they have somebody pulled over there's a drug deal on the street ! Stupid effin cops . Guess the explains why they got the job here !
abc

King George, VA

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Madtown wrote:
Town curfew even though I have my license is 10 even on weekends ???! WTH!! So how am I suppose to get from my house out of town ? I'm aloud to be out till 12 out of this stupid town ! Anything else this stupid ass town wants to make a rule so kids can keep destroying it !! How bout the cops lately , lurking aren't they ??? Do they actually think there doing something ? Pulling somebody over going 5 over isn't doing anything . That time they have somebody pulled over there's a drug deal on the street ! Stupid effin cops . Guess the explains why they got the job here !
if you are not happy contact the town council not the pd they don't make the laws they just enforce them.
Town Observer

King George, VA

#3 Mar 28, 2013
Madtown wrote:
Id say by reading this post you may be one of the problems that the curfew was intended to monitor. However, I will agree that in the past few months the police department hasnt been operating as well as they have in the past couple of years. Has there been a lot of changes in personnel or something?
JUst sayin

Charlotte, NC

#4 Mar 28, 2013
ummmmm let's see - Blevins Sr. resigned.
Towns Man

Petersburg, VA

#5 Mar 28, 2013
And we can hope the pd gets merged with the county just like the dipatch did.
Abby Walcher

United States

#6 Mar 28, 2013
I wouldn't be so eager to merger services. It may seem a blessing but may not be.

Abby
Just Me

Lottsburg, VA

#8 Mar 28, 2013
JUst sayin wrote:
ummmmm let's see - Blevins Sr. resigned.
Give me a break. He "resigned" because he was rightfully being forced out. Now his boys (most of whom were fired from other departments) are trying to make it look like the department can't do without him (including his own "boy", junior).
the truth is

Baltimore, MD

#9 Mar 29, 2013
Does anyone see that the officers including Junior are trying to do there job as they always have, but with a "Chief" and I use that term loosely, that has NO understanding of how a police ddepartment should run, no true experience in law enforcement, has an enormous ego, has a vindictive nature to other employees and the inability to interact with people, is running the department then no matter what the officers do it is going to not run properly. Has anyone ever considered talking to the officers and dispatchers about the morale in the department now. I bet if u did u would see that Chief Blevins was the best man for the job here. Did anyone ever think to ask the council why they put a man that has ilttllittle experience in law enforcement as the interm chief after he was place on administrative leave just a week prior? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Guess people don't look at that anymore.
Maybe

Fredericksburg, VA

#10 Mar 29, 2013
the truth is wrote:
Does anyone see that the officers including Junior are trying to do there job as they always have, but with a "Chief" and I use that term loosely, that has NO understanding of how a police ddepartment should run, no true experience in law enforcement, has an enormous ego, has a vindictive nature to other employees and the inability to interact with people, is running the department then no matter what the officers do it is going to not run properly. Has anyone ever considered talking to the officers and dispatchers about the morale in the department now. I bet if u did u would see that Chief Blevins was the best man for the job here. Did anyone ever think to ask the council why they put a man that has ilttllittle experience in law enforcement as the interm chief after he was place on administrative leave just a week prior? Sounds like a conspiracy to me. Guess people don't look at that anymore.
Nice try Rose
the truth is

King George, VA

#11 Mar 30, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>Nice try Rose
Contrary to what you think, there are others in this town that support Chief Blevins, Lt. Blevins Jr and the other officers that work hard for our town to keep us safe that are not related to them. I think your comment is inappropriate and un-factual. You need to make sure that you have done you research before trying to make accusation that are not true. I have been in this town for the last 15 years and have had many encounters with Chief Blevins and Lt. Blevins Jr along with the other officers that work here and they have been nothing but professional, courteous and have genuine dedication of this town and the people in it. I find that Chief Blevins was a people person that would work for the people of this town to ensure that they were safe and that his officers were taken care of so that they may be able to conduct their jobs with more enthusiasm and with a love of their profession as well as a pride in this town and the police department that was never ending. Now I have also had numerous encounters with Seay and I have to say his inability to perform his basic duties is something that needs to be addressed. He has no dedication to this department and this town. This is just a pay check for him. He has no true understanding of how a police department should be run. He is very egotistical, self-centered, a bully, and thinks now he is Chief he can do whatever he pleases, well that is not true and I think the council needs to look at this factor and change the chief of police to someone who truly cares about this town not someone who is going to run of the coat tails of someone else.
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#12 Mar 30, 2013
Well written and thoughtful opinion, Wish more would take your hint.:)
Maybe

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Mar 31, 2013
wtcsret wrote:
Well written and thoughtful opinion, Wish more would take your hint.:)
May have been well written but the content needs help. The Blevin's operated with total disregard for honesty. Son was an exempt employee and should not have been paid for overtime, yet raked in tons with Daddy's approval. Son would sign on duty and never leave his home. Son would transport his daughter to a private School in Tappahannock in the Town police car with his Daddy's knowledge ( Against Policy). On and On
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Reverse the innuendo and proof ratio, then deliver the results to the county attorney. You might get the citizen against waste award for your area. Lots of bullets there for an enterprising forward looking individual. That ONLY WORKS if you can prove it :) A bonus would be Feds in the house call :) Thinking about it you could have hit a three card monte. Val, The town attorney,and CFO might all fall if what you allude to is true.
the truth is

Gloucester, VA

#15 Mar 31, 2013
well lets take a look at what you are accussing. First off Lt. Blevins was made the rank of LIeutenant, but was he compionsated for it in his salary for the increase in rank? Maybe again someone should ask questions of the true person that handles employement the town manager about that. Second what proof do you have that after signing on duty that he never left his house or are you again making accusations without proper information? Do you know when he signed on or signed off do you have record of him for that and photograghs or video prooving the fact. again no validity behind the accusation. and third taking his daughter to school in patrol vehicle if i remember correctly there was 2 officers that were doing that and it was not against policy for any law enforcement policies that i have read. again i feel u are miss lead and recieving information from people "Seay" that has a personal venndeta against both Blevins' cause they could see the truth behind his incompaticy and inability to do his job.
Vicki

Alexandria, VA

#16 Mar 31, 2013
the truth is wrote:
well lets take a look at what you are accussing. First off Lt. Blevins was made the rank of LIeutenant, but was he compionsated for it in his salary for the increase in rank? Maybe again someone should ask questions of the true person that handles employement the town manager about that. Second what proof do you have that after signing on duty that he never left his house or are you again making accusations without proper information? Do you know when he signed on or signed off do you have record of him for that and photograghs or video prooving the fact. again no validity behind the accusation. and third taking his daughter to school in patrol vehicle if i remember correctly there was 2 officers that were doing that and it was not against policy for any law enforcement policies that i have read. again i feel u are miss lead and recieving information from people "Seay" that has a personal venndeta against both Blevins' cause they could see the truth behind his incompaticy and inability to do his job.
Sounds like Steve K brought all this up in his bid for mayor. Maybe he has the proof.
Town Observer

King George, VA

#17 Mar 31, 2013
Maybe wrote:
<quoted text>May have been well written but the content needs help. The Blevin's operated with total disregard for honesty. Son was an exempt employee and should not have been paid for overtime, yet raked in tons with Daddy's approval. Son would sign on duty and never leave his home. Son would transport his daughter to a private School in Tappahannock in the Town police car with his Daddy's knowledge ( Against Policy). On and On
Read the definition for exempt employee. A position in one place of employment may be exempt while in another the same position may not be. Lots of variables apply. Agency size, job description, to name a few. This information comes from a recent article in the International Police Chiefs magazine. You cannot make an employee work 80 hours a week and not compensate them for it in some manner.The title itself may be for command structure purposes only and not meet the criteria for exempt but does fit the criteria for non-exempt status. In small agencies manpower is not adequate to legally apply exempt and non-exempt rules and stay within employee labor rights. Always remember when making commenta regarding police and paid fires/rescue agencies, there rules of labor are not the same as private agencies becasue of thier legal and moral responsibilities to ensure public safety around the clock. If one person of the same rank is assigned different responsibilities than the other, one may be required to work more hours than the other and the ability to compensate becomes a matter of time off( if a department has the manpower to accomodate the coverage to allow time off). If not, compensation must be given in other ways to include overtime compensation. It would be interesting to know if this is the case in point here. Im sure the Town Manager is more aware of the situation than another member of the department who may have personal vendettas to settle. I am also sure the accountants would have mentioned this during thier recent audit.
Ex employee

King George, VA

#18 Mar 31, 2013
stop beating that dead horse.Sr is gone due to his protection of keeping his son. Someone needs to ask Val about the staff meeting she was asked to attend when sr went over all the accusation all the employees where waging against Jr.Sr gave Jr permission to do it all. Drive his daughter to school, mark on and not leave the House leave his car running while sitting in the station. Have all night dinners at his house with his whole shift if someone had a problem they were to go to sr or Jr.The Capt and. Lt were not allowed to say anything to Jr or anyone else. Val was fully aware of what was going on at the PD.Someone needs to look into that. And only certain police officers were given permission to get paid for travel time to and from work. Which would give them overtime each week. And the missing assault. rifle was taken by the task force to make them look bad.
Curious beach lover

Fredericksburg, VA

#19 Apr 7, 2013
Is Seay going to become the actual chief instead of the intrim chieror does anyone know when the town is going to start looking for a new chief?
Question

Alexandria, VA

#20 Apr 7, 2013
How many years has Seay been in the law enforcement business?
Just Me

King George, VA

#21 Apr 8, 2013
Question wrote:
How many years has Seay been in the law enforcement business?
He doesnt even meet the minimum qualifications. The council never bothered to check before appointing him and he was on administrative leave when they did!!!!Maybe the council should be asked a few questions about the process they followed and why??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
increased explosions from dahlgren (Apr '15) Sat Highlander 38 16
Whatcha Doing? (Jul '15) Apr 17 Grape jelly 52
Last Post Winz (Apr '14) Apr 17 _FLATLINE-------- 423
**TP's Alphabet Twist** CB Forum Apr 16 Princess Hey 37
Any 3 Words Colonial Beach Version Apr 16 Princess Hey 18
Goosebumps Apr 16 ASAP 2
The Clowns... Last Post Wins A GoldFinder! Apr 16 Princess Hey 52

King George Jobs

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages