First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Just Me

White Stone, VA

#1 Jan 10, 2013
Council accepted Blevins resignation tonight, effective immediately!! Forced out, finally. Yeah!
Sad

King George, VA

#2 Jan 10, 2013
But Tommy Edwards abstained from the vote. Sad that he can't support the rest of the council in their decision to accept the resignation. What's up whit that?
Just Me

White Stone, VA

#3 Jan 10, 2013
Sad wrote:
But Tommy Edwards abstained from the vote. Sad that he can't support the rest of the council in their decision to accept the resignation. What's up whit that?
I don't think he sees the big picture. I have had conversations with him in the past about town business that has left me really wondering where his head is at. If it were up to him, the town would have multiple lawsuits.
Sad

King George, VA

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he sees the big picture. I have had conversations with him in the past about town business that has left me really wondering where his head is at. If it were up to him, the town would have multiple lawsuits.
what you should wonder is what is in his head...air only. Too bad. He needs to get with the rest of them and move in the right direction.
Just Me

White Stone, VA

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Val Foulds, Rob Murphy, and Andrea Erard need to be next.
sad

King George, VA

#6 Jan 10, 2013
but why is Jr going also?
Just Me

White Stone, VA

#7 Jan 10, 2013
sad wrote:
Hadn't heard that for certain, but if that is true, it could be because the favortism that Daddy showed him was in violation of Daddy's contract. And maybe because he knows Capt. Seay will not put up with his B.S. and give him hundreds of overtime hours. And maybe because he knows he's screwed.
what were you thinking

King William, VA

#8 Jan 10, 2013
Ya lets just run everybody out of town and see what chaos ensues!
wtcsret

Goose Creek, SC

#9 Jan 10, 2013
sad wrote:
I am off to bed, Think about it :)

http://www.theparableteller.com/2010/08/poiso...
Just Me

White Stone, VA

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Junior, is that you? Bottom line, Chief Blevins lost all of his support because he would not keep his family out of it. He violated his contract on 2 points - the Police Department was kicked off of the Tri-County drug force, and Junior was continually shown favortism in training, shifts, and overtime hours. What goes around comes around.
what were you thinking

King William, VA

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Hartford, CT

#12 Jan 10, 2013
About damn time. These clowns have been running a circus for too long....and it's about time council took action. Glad for the folks of CB.
Think before you speak

King George, VA

#13 Jan 10, 2013
To you all that really disliked the Chief let the truth come out and stop talking about how there has been horrible favoritism and crap coming from the pd. They have worked hard and are helping keep your streets safer! They are still doing drug bust. LT Blevins is NOT going anywhere according to all my insights. He has not been getting away with crap and yes he "daddy" was chief but he didnt get special treatment and when i heard them talk, they were always talking professionally and Jr always called his dad Chief not dad. you might not appreciate what they do for this town but they worked damn hard to protect you all. give credit where it is needed for once.
think before you speak

King George, VA

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Just Me wrote:
Council accepted Blevins resignation tonight, effective immediately!! Forced out, finally. Yeah!
he wasnt forced out
yea right

Tappahannock, VA

#15 Jan 11, 2013
It would seem that they went into closed session, his resignation was immediate and he walked out, it was council allowng to save face than fire him. If they are working a agreement seems he will be paid for leaving and breaking his contract. Have to add seems what kept him there was Rummage/lyburn, both who could not lead a drunk across the street for a free beer.
patrol

King George, VA

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Sad wrote:

Maybe he many breaks from driving around town Drunk leaving the VFW or American leigon.

Maybe he will get caught now .
the Dawg

King George, VA

#17 Jan 11, 2013
Sad wrote:

The citzens of Colonial Beach voted for Mr Edwards. Would you think anything different coming from Mr Edwards. Mr Edwards is not business friendly to new vendors as I had a dealing with Mr Edwards when I was Operating the Dawg House as his WORDS were said in open fourm That the Town Made a Grave Mistake allowing another Hot Dog Vendor next to the Food Court. Sorry Mr Edwards but I have lost all Faith and Respect for you and maybe you should step down so this Town can Move Forward.. If you need some Advise on writing your resination ask Abby to help you out .

The Dawg.....
Hit the nail on the head

King George, VA

#18 Jan 11, 2013
Just Me wrote:
Val Foulds, Rob Murphy, and Andrea Erard need to be next.
Especially Erard... she is two faced and gives bad advice to the town.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19 Jan 11, 2013
Blevins getting tossed out (excuse me, "resigning") is a good first step. Foulds, Erard, Murphy, need to follow soon.

So what's in the severance package? Are we the taxpayers paying Blevins a bunch of money so that he can "resign" instead of get fired like he deserves?

Seay is the "interim" chief. He is not the answer. Council needs to do a thorough search, consider Chris Hawkins again, and hire the best and most ETHICAL candidate. That new chief needs to report directly to Council as required by town charter.

Now Council, let's get on with the rest of the house cleaning.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Jan 11, 2013
So Tommy Edwards abstained from the vote to accept Blevins "resignation". He needs to explain himself.

There was a closed door session. Presumably all of the evidence against the chief was presented. There had to be a very compelling case. All the other Council members were on board. Edwards wasn't, which is fine if he has a good reason.

But Tommy, tell us, the people you represent, what that reason is. Don't just "no comment" us. Otherwise it makes you look like you're just the guy's buddy and nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
increased explosions from dahlgren (Apr '15) 5 hr wtcsret 17
Jane Good the cry baby troll (Jul '15) Mon texas pete 8
Whatcha Doing? (Jul '15) Apr 17 Grape jelly 52
Last Post Winz (Apr '14) Apr 17 _FLATLINE-------- 423
**TP's Alphabet Twist** CB Forum Apr 16 Princess Hey 37
Any 3 Words Colonial Beach Version Apr 16 Princess Hey 18
Goosebumps Apr 16 ASAP 2

King George Jobs

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages