First Prev
of 2
Next Last
comebacker

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Colonial Beach should be very proud of it's native son. Torrey Smith is an incredible wide receiver for The Baltimore Ravens, and he will now get a Super Bowl ring. He is a very special young man with a bright future ahead. The Beach should be proud!
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Is he getting a parade????
HB Rules

United States

#3 Feb 6, 2013
comebacker wrote:
Colonial Beach should be very proud of it's native son. Torrey Smith is an incredible wide receiver for The Baltimore Ravens, and he will now get a Super Bowl ring. He is a very special young man with a bright future ahead. The Beach should be proud!
Yes he is very talented. Looks like he is going to be one of the best WR in the league for a while. But what did the beach do?
Linda

Alexandria, VA

#4 Feb 6, 2013
I agree with comebacker, Torrey Smith is a great story and the beach should be proud to have a talented young man like him as a role model for the kids here.
HB Rules

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Linda wrote:
I agree with comebacker, Torrey Smith is a great story and the beach should be proud to have a talented young man like him as a role model for the kids here.
I agree when you put it that way. He could be a very good role model. He made it inspite of the beach based on his own work and dedication. Not because the beach did anything for him.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 7, 2013
Actually HB there are a few folks in CB who coached Torrey as a youngster who had a profound impact on his life. The reason CB people are proud of him is not because they are "hangers on" yet people who looked after him.. and he has said as much.
comebacker

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#7 Feb 7, 2013
CB Newbie wrote:
Is he getting a parade????
There was a very large parade in Baltimore Tuesday for the whole team, but it would be nice for the town of CB to contact him and ask if he would like to come back to maybe visit the school. I know he has donated some Ravens stuff to CB elemenetary this year, but I bet the kids would love a visit!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 7, 2013
comebacker wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a very large parade in Baltimore Tuesday for the whole team, but it would be nice for the town of CB to contact him and ask if he would like to come back to maybe visit the school. I know he has donated some Ravens stuff to CB elemenetary this year, but I bet the kids would love a visit!
Grand Marshall of Potomac River Festival this year? Sounds good!
VETNAM 2

Falls Church, VA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
Grand Marshall of Potomac River Festival this year? Sounds good!
smartassofficial....

That would be VERY cool.
Cindy Lou Who

Irvington, VA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
VETNAM 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
smartassofficial....
That would be VERY cool.
I think they are asking him...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11 Feb 12, 2013
comebacker wrote:
<quoted text>There was a very large parade in Baltimore Tuesday for the whole team, but it would be nice for the town of CB to contact him and ask if he would like to come back to maybe visit the school. I know he has donated some Ravens stuff to CB elemenetary this year, but I bet the kids would love a visit!
It's sad we celebrate useless crap like this. The guy can run and catch a ball, who the hell cares.
John G

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Feb 12, 2013
eightrac wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad we celebrate useless crap like this. The guy can run and catch a ball, who the hell cares.
Normally I would agree. With all the news recently of young adults being nailed for drugs, anyone who can succeed in ANYTHING not illegal is a rolemodel. Good for Mr. Smith and kudos to those who coached him and gave a damn.
Beach Goddess

Gloucester, VA

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Torrey is not only a great football player, he is a college graduate, when you don't see as many young people completing college as should be doing so.

He also has started the Torrey Smith Foundation to help kids affected by domestic violence. On top of that he helped his Mom when she most needed it, even as a young kid, when she was working full time and going to school full time.

Torrey is one of the few athletes we should be applauding.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Beach Goddess wrote:
Torrey is not only a great football player, he is a college graduate, when you don't see as many young people completing college as should be doing so.

He also has started the Torrey Smith Foundation to help kids affected by domestic violence. On top of that he helped his Mom when she most needed it, even as a young kid, when she was working full time and going to school full time.

Torrey is one of the few athletes we should be applauding.
Saddam Hussein was also a college graduate, so what is your point?

Yay for him, doing good by his mother, as we all should (still trying to find what is so spectacular about that) This still doesn't warrant a parade. Like I said, he can run and hold a ball. That's it.

How about the police officers that keep your ass safe, the taxpayers that most likely keep your ass fed since I'm guessing you are on the "receiving" end of the tax scene, if you catch my drift.

FYI: Terry Smith foundation= Torrey Smith tax deduction. Personally funded foundations are eligible for many tax deductions while still being able to control the assets. It's not all about being good.

http://www.savewealth.com/planning/estate/fou...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#15 Feb 12, 2013
eightrac wrote:
<quoted text>Saddam Hussein was also a college graduate, so what is your point?

Yay for him, doing good by his mother, as we all should (still trying to find what is so spectacular about that) This still doesn't warrant a parade. Like I said, he can run and hold a ball. That's it.

How about the police officers that keep your ass safe, the taxpayers that most likely keep your ass fed since I'm guessing you are on the "receiving" end of the tax scene, if you catch my drift.

FYI: Terry Smith foundation= Torrey Smith tax deduction. Personally funded foundations are eligible for many tax deductions while still being able to control the assets. It's not all about being good.

http://www.savewealth.com/planning/estate/fou...
*Torrey Smith Foundation DYAC.
-Seriously-

Lexington Park, MD

#16 Feb 13, 2013
eightrac wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam Hussein was also a college graduate, so what is your point?
Yay for him, doing good by his mother, as we all should (still trying to find what is so spectacular about that) This still doesn't warrant a parade. Like I said, he can run and hold a ball. That's it.
How about the police officers that keep your ass safe, the taxpayers that most likely keep your ass fed since I'm guessing you are on the "receiving" end of the tax scene, if you catch my drift.
FYI: Terry Smith foundation= Torrey Smith tax deduction. Personally funded foundations are eligible for many tax deductions while still being able to control the assets. It's not all about being good.
http://www.savewealth.com/planning/estate/fou...
Are you a little Green because you could not do what this wonderful young man has done?? Or are you Green because your child could not do what this one has?? This shade of Green is not a good look for anyone!!!

This is a wonderful Young Man with a good head on his shoulders!!! He has done a lot with his life already and will continue.

Why would you want to take anything away from or down play this wonderful person?? He is a Colonial Beach native and is proud of it - are you???

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#17 Feb 13, 2013
eightrac wrote:
<quoted text>
*Torrey Smith Foundation DYAC.
Good people can wear all sorts of uniforms, military, police, football pads. He didn't HAVE to start a foundation, but did so to give back. Let's be honest: people love sports and look up to those men and women. Do we give enough credit and praise for police, fire and rescue, military?? No, of course not, and we should do more. But the facts are that none of us watch war or crime as entertainment. Us sports fans watch because it takes us away from the bad things going on all around us.. like war and crime. To look up to an athlete these days is par for the course. To look up to and priase an athlete, like Mr. Smith, is a good thing considerting the bahavior of many high profile athletes. Can't we all celebrate this young man without throwing anything negative into the thread?? You may consider it to be "not a big deal" because he can run and catch a ball, which I assume means that you don't enjoy sports. But, millions of us who do enjoy them look at Mr. Smith as a positive role model for our kids.
VETNAM 2

Falls Church, VA

#18 Feb 13, 2013
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>
Good people can wear all sorts of uniforms, military, police, football pads. He didn't HAVE to start a foundation, but did so to give back. Let's be honest: people love sports and look up to those men and women. Do we give enough credit and praise for police, fire and rescue, military?? No, of course not, and we should do more. But the facts are that none of us watch war or crime as entertainment. Us sports fans watch because it takes us away from the bad things going on all around us.. like war and crime. To look up to an athlete these days is par for the course. To look up to and priase an athlete, like Mr. Smith, is a good thing considerting the bahavior of many high profile athletes. Can't we all celebrate this young man without throwing anything negative into the thread?? You may consider it to be "not a big deal" because he can run and catch a ball, which I assume means that you don't enjoy sports. But, millions of us who do enjoy them look at Mr. Smith as a positive role model for our kids.
smartassofficial.....

You took the words right out of my mouth.:)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#19 Feb 13, 2013
-Seriously- wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a little Green because you could not do what this wonderful young man has done?? Or are you Green because your child could not do what this one has?? This shade of Green is not a good look for anyone!!!

This is a wonderful Young Man with a good head on his shoulders!!! He has done a lot with his life already and will continue.

Why would you want to take anything away from or down play this wonderful person?? He is a Colonial Beach native and is proud of it - are you???
TL;DR. But I'm sure it was a great post. You really need to take off the blinders. You are a fool.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#20 Feb 13, 2013
smartassofficial wrote:
<quoted text>Good people can wear all sorts of uniforms, military, police, football pads. He didn't HAVE to start a foundation, but did so to give back. Let's be honest: people love sports and look up to those men and women. Do we give enough credit and praise for police, fire and rescue, military?? No, of course not, and we should do more. But the facts are that none of us watch war or crime as entertainment. Us sports fans watch because it takes us away from the bad things going on all around us.. like war and crime. To look up to an athlete these days is par for the course. To look up to and priase an athlete, like Mr. Smith, is a good thing considerting the bahavior of many high profile athletes. Can't we all celebrate this young man without throwing anything negative into the thread?? You may consider it to be "not a big deal" because he can run and catch a ball, which I assume means that you don't enjoy sports. But, millions of us who do enjoy them look at Mr. Smith as a positive role model for our kids.
Do you not see how he is benefiting from the creation of the foundation? He can pick who gets the money, and then he gets it back in tax deductions.

Why in the hell would I "celebrate" someone like that? Especially someone who went to college for free because he could run an catch a ball. Once again, our society rates athletes as heroic icons when thy are far from it. I don't care how you see him, look up private funded foundations and see how crooked it really is. It's a tax scapegoat that need to be closed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr WTCSRET 1,552
Notice if Rain Postpones Fireworks? 2 hr Multiples 1
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 3 hr Honest Babe 2,296
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 3 hr Beach Girl 13,968
Crazy Ray person 13 hr Just saying 5
New Police Chief Found 16 hr Former Observer 4
Four Seasons Restaurant Thu Ms Teen CB 1972 32
More from around the web

King George People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages