Sequestration? Federal furloughs? Fis...

Sequestration? Federal furloughs? Fiscal cliff?

Posted in the King George Forum

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Let's get a real topic started here instead of more town bashing.
HB Rules

Portsmouth, VA

#2 Jan 17, 2013
got to trim the budget and with this admin it starts and ends with DoD.

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 17, 2013
HB Rules wrote:
got to trim the budget and with this admin it starts and ends with DoD.
Oh? And what makes you say this? Not discounting what you said, but give some examples and facts to support your opinion.

“Tidewater 2916661”

Since: Dec 09

Colonial Beach and Wash DC

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Wish I could get a deal where I only had to pay the interest :)

Cut up the credit card, Prioritize the functions, Discard shrimp on the treadmill. Then reduce spending by zero basd budgeting. Add a surcharge for debt reduction. Every body gets some pain. It's the same thing you or I or any rational person would do if faced w/same situation. So far all the talk is Tax Tax Tax. In 14 a super majority in house and senate can do it. We were set up in the 1st 2 years when the Prez had it his way.
HB Rules

Moyock, NC

#5 Jan 18, 2013
The_Bill_P wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? And what makes you say this? Not discounting what you said, but give some examples and facts to support your opinion.
i think for the fact that obama and his friends in congress will not offer up any bills to trim, ss, medicare, HUD, EPA, along with many other liberal holy cows, only defense is on the table would be my supporting evidence. how am i wrong?

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 22, 2013
HB Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
i think for the fact that obama and his friends in congress will not offer up any bills to trim, ss, medicare, HUD, EPA, along with many other liberal holy cows, only defense is on the table would be my supporting evidence. how am i wrong?
Oh I did not say you werer wrong. Just trying to carry on the coversation and get more out of you. I think they will try to gut the DOD. We are alreay talking furloughs and severe cut-backs on base. It's starting to get scary.
Business

Washington, DC

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Cut spending all the way around. Balance the budget. Stop punishing the makers, and rewarding the takers!

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 23, 2013
I wonder how many will comment on this or "judge" these comments who actually do have a seat at this table......
Truth

Port Orchard, WA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
This is going to be funny.

Since Congress and the President can't stop their bickering and pass a budget and end the continuing resolution, our DOD workforce is probably going to be furloughed for 22 days. This equates to a 22 percent drop in pay for this fiscal year.

If this happens, our economy will tank. With about 800000 government workers limiting their spending in the community, it will be devastating.

They won't be buying cars or other stuff. They will be saving their remaining paychecks and the businesses they normally support will suffer.

Imagine if every federal worker that is furloughed takes a loan of their thrift savings plan. If they each take out 10000 dollars, it would cause the government to lose about 8,000,000,000 dollars immediately.

Since the government is already borrowing from the "G" fund to pay Social Security, you would see that program GO AWAY. All because they screwed with the DOD workers that support our military.

We are on a very rocky road and it's only going to get worse!!!!!

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Well to be more precise, it is a 20% pay cut for appx 6 months (1 day per week for 22 weeks. This is 8 days of pay per pay-period instead of 10). That equates to a 10% pay cut for the entire fiscal year. But the rest of your content is correct.
HB Rules

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Feb 8, 2013
Its what we get for voting for a black muslim who hates colonialism and the United States. I would rather have that crack smoking Marion Barry in office.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Wow, HB throwing out the hate today... Don't WE (The USA) hate colonialism?? After all, we were a British colony who fought for its independence?
detective

Tacoma, WA

#14 Feb 8, 2013
HB Rules wrote:
Its what we get for voting for a black muslim who hates colonialism and the United States. I would rather have that crack smoking Marion Barry in office.
Stop posting Donna
Cindy Lou Who

Gloucester, VA

#15 Feb 8, 2013
If I have to take a furlough and reduce my income so should congress!

“Annoying and won't go away....”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 9, 2013
Cindy Lou Who wrote:
If I have to take a furlough and reduce my income so should congress!
Yes!!!+1!
HB Rules

Virginia Beach, VA

#17 Feb 11, 2013
smartassofficial wrote:
Wow, HB throwing out the hate today... Don't WE (The USA) hate colonialism?? After all, we were a British colony who fought for its independence?
dang you for turning my hate around and using it on me! still does not change the fact he is a muslim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2nd Annual Water Festival a HUGE Success! 5 min Water Festival 1
The Famous Name Game (Apr '14) 46 min WTCSRET 258
Add a word, drop a word (Oct '13) 50 min WTCSRET 5,227
add a word, drop a word (Apr '11) 51 min WTCSRET 17,038
add a word, drop a word 2 (Mar '12) 52 min WTCSRET 4,708
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 1 hr asd 395
A to Z: names of cities, towns, states, places ... (Apr '14) 4 hr Honest Babe 317

King George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

King George Mortgages