2 youth hurt in fatal King City gang shooting

King City police are asking for the public's help in finding four people involved in a gang-related shooting that killed a man and injured two young people. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
adg1520

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2010
I can not belive that every time a person is shot at the police says its gang related. Ruben was my friend and he was a realy nice person who was not involved in gangs. he was going to collage & most gang member do not go to school. ONe ? Why did the ambulance took so long 30 min. if the ambulance station is across the street from where my frind was shot at?
see through the lies

Hollister, CA

#2 Feb 16, 2010
according to a more credible source, the medics were on scene within 15 min. The station is around the corner, but they may have been on another call across town (I don't know, just sayin that could be one reason it took so long).

Since: Jul 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#4 Feb 16, 2010
My prayer's go out to Ruben's family!! I can't imagine the pain his parent's are going through. Nobody deserves to lose their life this way. I hope the cowards that did this BURN IN HELL!!
ggt

Northridge, CA

#5 Feb 17, 2010
it's not the police fault nor the ambulance. first you need to get stuff ready and find out where the scene in order for them to arrive there. and most times it is obvious it is gang related because rivals shot one another. corona might not have been into a gang but did he hang out with them, did he look like one.. yes! all you people hate police and never want them to talk to you and have you look at you but yet when one of your "homies" gets shot you say that they are never on the scene and that they dont care... they do care thats why when there is a fight or when they see suspicious behavior they pull over to make sure everythign is okay.
WANGUSMAXIMUS

United States

#7 Feb 17, 2010
No matter how long it took or if it was gang related or not, this crap has gotta stop.
MR KCTOWN

Salinas, CA

#9 Feb 19, 2010
When is this town going to wake up and see who is playing who for a bunch of fools. GANG RIVALS- What rival? The locals were forced to claim norteno because they were not sureno. Sureno is from down south. All the locals are dead or locked up because kcpd hated them. Point blank. I don't care if you want to hear me or not. The gangs are 3 gangs from down south fighting for territorial rights on a town that the cops cleared free for them. So 'ggt' whatever that is, whichever cop you are that helps hold the doors open, this town is tore up because of you cops that did not grow up here. You hated the local kids that wanted to take pride in this town, but you did not let them. I would throw everything I know on the table but you guys would have me shot by one of the sureno gang members. I know you would. LIKE THAT. I do not bang and I used to talk to everyone from both sides. I still do a little, but I don't know anyone. King City, please for the sake of your children, think about what I am saying. Please.
Bob

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 Feb 19, 2010
Is King City a sanctuary city ? Just curious.
Mr_Martinez

King City, CA

#13 Mar 3, 2010
Rest In Peace Primo Ruben Martinez
We all miss you bro, We will see u at the top one day
You Know who this is Corona
It has Changed

United States

#14 Mar 6, 2010
ggt wrote:
it's not the police fault nor the ambulance. first you need to get stuff ready and find out where the scene in order for them to arrive there. and most times it is obvious it is gang related because rivals shot one another. corona might not have been into a gang but did he hang out with them, did he look like one.. yes! all you people hate police and never want them to talk to you and have you look at you but yet when one of your "homies" gets shot you say that they are never on the scene and that they dont care... they do care thats why when there is a fight or when they see suspicious behavior they pull over to make sure everythign is okay.
You are stupid, thinking everyone else is tupid. Medics may have been on another call. They are trained to save lives. They don't care about the gangs, the cops or a junkie, for that matter. They care whether they can save a life that is in danger. When they lose a life they feel like they failed. That does not mean something else didn't delay them.

And how can this be gang activity.........because a gang member pulled he trigger. That does not mean the victim is gang related, it means the shooter was stupid. I have never heard of such ignorance, even amonst gangs, as I see these shootings in King City. There is no reason or purpose for it.
shlardom

Salinas, CA

#15 Mar 6, 2010
It has Changed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stupid, thinking everyone else is tupid. Medics may have been on another call. They are trained to save lives. They don't care about the gangs, the cops or a junkie, for that matter. They care whether they can save a life that is in danger. When they lose a life they feel like they failed. That does not mean something else didn't delay them.
And how can this be gang activity.........because a gang member pulled he trigger. That does not mean the victim is gang related, it means the shooter was stupid. I have never heard of such ignorance, even amonst gangs, as I see these shootings in King City. There is no reason or purpose for it.
Who does care about the gangs? Kill em all
mr el kc

Monterey, CA

#16 Mar 7, 2010
yeah to hell all the gang banggers it will be a better place
CONSERNEDCITIZEN

United States

#17 Mar 9, 2010
WE AS MEXICANS NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET INVOLVED NOT JUST BLAME KCPD,THE WHITE PEOPLE IN TOWN ARE THE ONES DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEY STARTED THE TOWN WATCH WICH IS A START INSTEAD OF BLAMING PEOPLE LETS START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT LETS START NEIGBORHOOD WATCHES IN THE BAD PARTS OF TOWN LETS KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR GAN MEMBERS LETS REPORT SUSPISIOUS ACTIVITY TO POLICE,MOST OF THE SHOOTING ARE UNSOLVED BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT COME FORWARD ALL U COMADRES THAT LIKE TO CHISMIAR ABOUT THE SHOOTINGS TO YOUR FRIENDS THAT U SAW SOMETHING TELL WHAT U SAW TO THE POLICE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY WERE GOING TO CATCH THESE CRIMINALS,E DONT CARE UNTILL ONE OF ARE SUN DIES OR FAMILY MEMBERS,THEN WE HAVE PRAYERS WHY DONT WE TALK ABOUT WHAT WE CAN DO AT THOSE PRAYER SESSIONS LETS DO SOMETHING!
WANGUSMAXIMUS

United States

#18 Mar 9, 2010
CONSERNEDCITIZEN wrote:
WE AS MEXICANS NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET INVOLVED NOT JUST BLAME KCPD,THE WHITE PEOPLE IN TOWN ARE THE ONES DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEY STARTED THE TOWN WATCH WICH IS A START INSTEAD OF BLAMING PEOPLE LETS START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT LETS START NEIGBORHOOD WATCHES IN THE BAD PARTS OF TOWN LETS KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR GAN MEMBERS LETS REPORT SUSPISIOUS ACTIVITY TO POLICE,MOST OF THE SHOOTING ARE UNSOLVED BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT COME FORWARD ALL U COMADRES THAT LIKE TO CHISMIAR ABOUT THE SHOOTINGS TO YOUR FRIENDS THAT U SAW SOMETHING TELL WHAT U SAW TO THE POLICE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY WERE GOING TO CATCH THESE CRIMINALS,E DONT CARE UNTILL ONE OF ARE SUN DIES OR FAMILY MEMBERS,THEN WE HAVE PRAYERS WHY DONT WE TALK ABOUT WHAT WE CAN DO AT THOSE PRAYER SESSIONS LETS DO SOMETHING!
It doesn't matter what color you are and or what color I am, We as a civilized people need to start become 1 again and look out for each other as friends and neighbors... As for the gangs in KC, it is a shame that it continues so violently, and that it seems no one is brave enough to say something and pin down the leaders of these gangs and do away with them. I really think that instead of calling on the KCPD, if someone have information about this and the other crimes/murders here that the 1st call should be to the FBI, then we should se something happen. Until then Peace and Hope to the people that have been hurt.
KCGIRL

United States

#20 Mar 16, 2010
WANGU, you got it there. As for CONCERNEDCITIZEN I think he/it is full of shit trying to get the community caught up in something they have no control over. Kind of like the changes in the Rustler. Is that to inform the public or keep them from knowing the truth. This is deep. Post a number for the FBI and lets see if it gets used. Pull together people and think for yourselves about what needs to be done. It's obvious KCPD ain't gonna do nothin'. Maybe if we don't call to tell them anything, less violence would happen. Wow! That's a f****d up thought.
Ex Cali Resident

United States

#21 Mar 16, 2010
The shameful fact is...It is too late..

Gangs have taken over every city of working people in California.. No gang problems in Pebble Beach, Carmel etc but, the working families live in Salinas..You all know what Salinas has turned into..Same up and down the coast and in most of the San Joaquin Valley..

Well...I guess you just live with it..
Ex Cali Resident

United States

#22 Mar 16, 2010
Before you discount post #21, read this and see your future..

http://www.topix.com/forum/fresno/TGAG2U0NF01...

94 posts at present...
KCGIRL

United States

#23 Mar 17, 2010
Ex Cali Resident wrote:
Before you discount post #21, read this and see your future..
http://www.topix.com/forum/fresno/TGAG2U0NF01...
94 posts at present...
That is some real shit there.. REAL SCARY SHIT. That's where we are headed alright. Everyone should check out that sight and think twice about waiting for the next killing in King City.

If the cops can't find the shooters, may be we need a few new/replacement cops. And if you replace Sgt. Alex Tirado that would be your first stupid move. She is a good person that cares about the people. Why do you think she has to work shifts that she can't be involved with the community?
Joey

Salinas, CA

#28 Oct 27, 2010
No one deserves to die like that period
king city resident

United States

#29 Oct 29, 2010
CONSERNEDCITIZEN wrote:
WE AS MEXICANS NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO GET INVOLVED NOT JUST BLAME KCPD,THE WHITE PEOPLE IN TOWN ARE THE ONES DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEY STARTED THE TOWN WATCH WICH IS A START INSTEAD OF BLAMING PEOPLE LETS START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT LETS START NEIGBORHOOD WATCHES IN THE BAD PARTS OF TOWN LETS KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR GAN MEMBERS LETS REPORT SUSPISIOUS ACTIVITY TO POLICE,MOST OF THE SHOOTING ARE UNSOLVED BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT COME FORWARD ALL U COMADRES THAT LIKE TO CHISMIAR ABOUT THE SHOOTINGS TO YOUR FRIENDS THAT U SAW SOMETHING TELL WHAT U SAW TO THE POLICE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY WERE GOING TO CATCH THESE CRIMINALS,E DONT CARE UNTILL ONE OF ARE SUN
DIES OR FAMILY MEMBERS,THEN WE HAVE PRAYERS WHY DONT WE TALK ABOUT WHAT WE CAN DO AT THOSE PRAYER SESSIONS LETS DO SOMETHING!
I agree and respect part of your comments. You are right! The Mexican Community needs to get involved. One of the biggest problems stems from parents. Although there are some people who will get involved in gangs regardless of the action of their parents. The recent shooting is King City, parents say they were not involved in gangs. The only way you are going to help your children is to be bias. If they have family and friends who are involved in gangs or hang out with gang members, forbid your children to hang out with them. Yes it will be tiring but the rewards will be wonderful. As a parent you signed up for the job. Parents need to be bias and look at their kids for who they are. Town Watch would be great in all areas. I don't agree with you about the KCPD. We need a new chief who is educated, respected, intelligent, has common sense and a backbone. He needs to take some of the officers with him. The gang members are laughing and running a muck over KCPD!
kcE

King City, CA

#35 Mar 26, 2012
see through the lies wrote:
according to a more credible source, the medics were on scene within 15 min. The station is around the corner, but they may have been on another call across town (I don't know, just sayin that could be one reason it took so long).
thats how it is in king city the cops dont know what there doing they have a cop named miller who cant even get off his car what a joke they respond to calls after its to late and the suspects are gone they need to replace the whole force and bring some real cops to king city if they want to see change and arrests

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

King City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crooked Soledad Police (Apr '10) 17 hr sikofhoodratz 19
soledad dog catcher Dec 23 username 8
SUSD (soledad school district) (May '13) Dec 12 CHEATED 5
Caught with shiv, prisoner adds more years to l... (Jun '14) Dec 4 knowledge 4
salinas valley state prison Nov 30 knowledge 6
king city cops (Jun '09) Nov 29 nightmareonelmst 198
Officer in King City tow scandal arrested for b... Nov '14 perfectcitizen 2
King City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

King City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

King City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in King City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:29 am PST