Who do you support for Governor in Il...
CitiZen9

Tinley Park, IL

#4346 Aug 24, 2014
shell game wrote:
Remember he raised your Illinois tax, raised your electric and gas bills, signed legislature to increase your local tax and fees.etc etc
Yeah, I get it. No one likes paying taxes. But what's the alternative?

Rauner wants to reduce Illinois's current 5% income tax rate to its previous level of 3% over four years. This would cost the state $8 BILLION in annual revenue.

$8 billion is a lot of money.

It’s more than the state’s general funds spending on health care ($7 billion), K-12 education ($6.7 billion), human services ($3.2 billion), higher education ($2.5 billion), public safety including prisons ($1.6 billion), or seniors ($1 billion).

Of course, Rauner doesn't say anything either about specific cuts or about priorities for cuts that would be needed to achieve this magnitude of savings.

Rauner proposes to raise $600 million by increasing the number of services that would be subject to the sales tax. This $600 million would make up LESS THAN 10% of the $8 billion revenue loss from his income tax proposal.

Rauner proposes a complete freeze on local property taxes, which will force localities to either turn to regressive sources of income like sales taxes and fees to raise needed funds or make massive spending cuts in local services like police, fire protection, education, etc.

Rauner once said that he wanted to lower Illinois’s minimum wage from $8.25 to the federal minimum wage of $7.25. After this proved unpopular with the voters he changed his mind and now supports raising the minimum wage “gradually” but contingent on controversial business reforms. He wants to make Illinois a "right to work" state. This will make it easier for businesses to break unions and force workers to work for less money.

The bottom line: Rauner's plan for Illinois is:

1) Lower taxes (resulting in $8 BILLION less in annual revenue for the state)
2) Massive spending cuts in EDUCATION, HEALTH CARE, HUMAN SERVICES, and PUBLIC SAFETY.
3) Business reforms that will make it harder for working people to earn a living wage.

If this is what you want, vote for Rauner.
Mr Ridgway

Johnston City, IL

#4347 Aug 24, 2014
I say we rite in Cliven Bundy for govener cause he are a grate leader and will defand the constatwoshawn he showed oboma who are boss and beet the thugs from the burow of land manegment cliven bundy is won of the biggest teabaggers their is and his familie is teabaggers to
Cliven will tea bag quwinn befour quwinn tea bags us

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4349 Sep 4, 2014
Definitely not anyone affiliated with the Democratic party.They have been hijacked by the ultra liberal,Socialist,Communist party of the United States of America.Not saying the Republican party is any better,but I would rather vote in the lesser of the 2 evils.
ABC

United States

#4350 Sep 4, 2014
Clfgnr wrote:
Definitely not anyone affiliated with the Democratic party.They have been hijacked by the ultra liberal,Socialist,Communist party of the United States of America.Not saying the Republican party is any better,but I would rather vote in the lesser of the 2 evils.
State and federal politics is nohting more than legal organized crime. The system has been hi-jacked by those with wealth & power regardless of party politics and there is no turning back.
You are only kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
That is All

Chicago, IL

#4351 Sep 4, 2014
Rauner will win with the Anti-Madigan Quinn Vote. Folks are just plain tired of both of them.
Always Smile

Montgomery, IL

#4352 Sep 5, 2014
Reminiscent of the Red WIngs taking the ice at the old Chicago Stadium was Governor pat quinn being booed at the Garth Brooks opening concert in Chicago last night. The governor went on stage before the encore to announce a "Garth Brooks Day" proclamation. Garth couldn't even be heard until quinn-ochio left the stage. Oddly enough, the governor said he was going to live off of $79 for the week because that's what people making minimum wage have to live off of. I wonder how much those tickets were?
CitiZen9

Tinley Park, IL

#4354 Sep 5, 2014
Clfgnr wrote:
Definitely not anyone affiliated with the Democratic party.They have been hijacked by the ultra liberal,Socialist,Communist party of the United States of America.Not saying the Republican party is any better,but I would rather vote in the lesser of the 2 evils.
LOL .. whata freakin' idiot.

And this is the problem right here, people like you who are so stupid that you end up voting against your own best interests.

Unless you're a multi-billionaire and/or you own a multi-billion dollar corporation (and I'm guessing neither) the Republican party is not going to do ANYTHING to make your life better.

They are all about the interests of the 1%.

They want the working man to pay all the bills while they pay NONE of them. They want people like you to pay for the infrastructure that they get to use for FREE. They want you working for them for as little as possible. They want to rob you of your freedom, so that they can have complete freedom to make as much money as possible ... even if it's at your expense.

And if someone like me tries to open your eyes to the truth, they will tell you that I'm a Communist or a Socialist, or an ULTRA LIBERAL????(whatever that means) and you believe them because .... well, you're stupid. And even though you don't really understand what these words mean ... they make you VERY AFRAID. And fear makes stupid people like you easy to control.

Go ahead and vote Republican. Maybe you will get lucky and they will throw you a bone. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that, to them, YOU are anything more than just a useful idiot.
rahm jizzbucket emanuel

Montgomery, IL

#4356 Sep 5, 2014
CitiZen9 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL .. whata freakin' idiot.
And this is the problem right here, people like you who are so stupid that you end up voting against your own best interests.
Unless you're a multi-billionaire and/or you own a multi-billion dollar corporation (and I'm guessing neither) the Republican party is not going to do ANYTHING to make your life better.
They are all about the interests of the 1%.
They want the working man to pay all the bills while they pay NONE of them. They want people like you to pay for the infrastructure that they get to use for FREE. They want you working for them for as little as possible. They want to rob you of your freedom, so that they can have complete freedom to make as much money as possible ... even if it's at your expense.
And if someone like me tries to open your eyes to the truth, they will tell you that I'm a Communist or a Socialist, or an ULTRA LIBERAL????(whatever that means) and you believe them because .... well, you're stupid. And even though you don't really understand what these words mean ... they make you VERY AFRAID. And fear makes stupid people like you easy to control.
Go ahead and vote Republican. Maybe you will get lucky and they will throw you a bone. Just don't make the mistake of thinking that, to them, YOU are anything more than just a useful idiot.
Once again, here is someone filled with so many ideas that they feel the need to name call and belittle! This is a direct reflection of not having the ability to show all the wonderful things madigan and quinn have done in IL. The left (and this "citiZen" is a leftist) keeps celebrating all the lies and failures that the state govt up to fed govt have made and continue to make . Notice this "citiZen" doesn't talk about SPENDING which is the only TRUE PROBLEM! The left doesn't have ideas! The left wants to spend more to create more which is an economic impossibility! Ask any leftist about spending and wait for the answer......you'll be verbally attacked first!
CitiZen9

Tinley Park, IL

#4357 Sep 5, 2014
rahm jizzbucket emanuel wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, here is someone filled with so many ideas that they feel the need to name call and belittle! This is a direct reflection of not having the ability to show all the wonderful things madigan and quinn have done in IL. The left (and this "citiZen" is a leftist) keeps celebrating all the lies and failures that the state govt up to fed govt have made and continue to make . Notice this "citiZen" doesn't talk about SPENDING which is the only TRUE PROBLEM! The left doesn't have ideas! The left wants to spend more to create more which is an economic impossibility! Ask any leftist about spending and wait for the answer......you'll be verbally attacked first!
Right .... a SPENDING PROBLEM.

So we just need to cut back ... right?

What do you want to shut down?

How about the schools? We can save a lot of money if people home school their own children.

Maybe the police and fire departments? The courts?

Oh I got it ...shut down all the motor vehicle departments.

We could shut down mental health facilities. Oh yeah ... we've already done that. So what if we have mental patients in need of treatment living on the streets.

Hey, let's take away the pensions of teachers and public workers. It's their own fault for trusting the state to make the payments they promised.

Let's just shut everything down. No taxes, no government ... give everyone a gun and tell them they're on their own. Brilliant!

For the record ... I'm not right or left ... I'm smack dab in the middle of the road. I'm for common sense government. Too bad common sense is not so common in the great state of Illinois.
mr ridgway

Carbondale, IL

#4358 Sep 5, 2014
rahm jizzbucket emanuel wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, here is someone filled with so many ideas that they feel the need to name call and belittle! This is a direct reflection of not having the ability to show all the wonderful things madigan and quinn have done in IL. The left (and this "citiZen" is a leftist) keeps celebrating all the lies and failures that the state govt up to fed govt have made and continue to make . Notice this "citiZen" doesn't talk about SPENDING which is the only TRUE PROBLEM! The left doesn't have ideas! The left wants to spend more to create more which is an economic impossibility! Ask any leftist about spending and wait for the answer......you'll be verbally attacked first!
you's is rite we needs to cut back are spenden and live in are means citzen is a commie an a fasist for wanten pulick skools an roads an suer lines an water an such win we can edurcate are own chillren an poop in an out house an boyal are water aresellves every bodie shood vote for the tea party cauze they is the ownly ones smart enuff to controll are spenden churchs shood teach are kids cauze they is more smarter than pulick skools I went to church skool an I terned out fine.
CitiZen9

Tinley Park, IL

#4359 Sep 5, 2014
mr ridgway wrote:
<quoted text>
you's is rite we needs to cut back are spenden and live in are means citzen is a commie an a fasist for wanten pulick skools an roads an suer lines an water an such win we can edurcate are own chillren an poop in an out house an boyal are water aresellves every bodie shood vote for the tea party cauze they is the ownly ones smart enuff to controll are spenden churchs shood teach are kids cauze they is more smarter than pulick skools I went to church skool an I terned out fine.
yup ... if you's wanna shut it dowwwwwwnwn ... Bruce is yur man.

"If we sort of have to do a do-over and shut things down for a little while, that's what we're gonna do." - Bruce Rauner
CitiZen9

Tinley Park, IL

#4360 Sep 5, 2014
Want to know what Quinn's plan is for Illinois?

"Governor Quinn Delivers Fiscal Year 2015 Budget and Five-Year Blueprint to Secure Illinois’ Financial Future - Proposes Significant Property Tax Relief for Homeowners and Highest Investment in Education in Illinois History"

http://www3.illinois.gov/PressReleases/ShowPr...

Follow the links ... you can find the entire plan online.

Oh and for what it's worth .... a responsible plan to balance Illinois' budget requires two things, an increase in revenue AND a cut in spending.(No, SPENDING is NOT Illinois' ONLY problem).

Quinn has done both.

In fact, under Quinn Illinois has cut spending by more than $5.7 billion. Today the state’s discretionary spending is below 2008 levels and the backlog of bills has been reduced by $5 billion.

What's Rauner's plan for Illinois? You tell me.



Rauner no

Wilmington, IL

#4362 Sep 6, 2014
Quinn
Rauner YES

Reddick, IL

#4364 Sep 6, 2014
Only one honest candidate, and it's not Democrat Quinn.

We need to save Illinois. Vote Rauner!
YEAH_RIGHT

Tinley Park, IL

#4365 Sep 6, 2014
Rauner YES wrote:
Only one honest candidate, and it's not Democrat Quinn.
We need to save Illinois. Vote Rauner!
Rauner says he’d “shake up” Springfield, but he’s tied to a convicted felon who shook state government down. Rauner’s firm GTCR co-owned CompBenefits, a company that paid Blagojevich crony Stu Levine more than $1 million over six years to get city and state contracts by “whatever means necessary, including payoffs.” At the same time, Levine--who's now in federal prison - sat on the TRS board and voted to give Rauner’s firm $50 million in teacher pension funds.

- See more at: http://www.afscme31.org/news/top-10-facts-abo...
Rauner YES

Reddick, IL

#4366 Sep 6, 2014
I can't figure out why people in Government like to cite Tax increases as needed increases in Revenue? We The People take a revenue reduction & do with out right? IL just spends too much money, they have bought votes for 30 years by spending money we don't have. Anybody disagree? Taking that money back is like trying to take candy away from a Gorilla. Once people get used to "free" stuff, they lay back and expect it forever. Lesson Learned, no welfare type aid should be given indefinitely. All aid should have a time limit period. Just like Unemployment. Give people a chance to get on their feet, "AND" expect them to do so too. If it does not have a limited time, people create a free loader life style, and today they can do well if they tap all programs.

Look I am not talking about Rauner, this is my opinion. What I do know, is Quinn is a nice guy, but a deceitful life long politician in the most corrupt state in the Union. Insanity is to keep re-electing the same people and expect a different result. Even life long Democrats can see that their own children & grand children are screwed.

Lets save IL and just change the leadership out by voting Rauner & Republican. It simply has to get better. Do it for your kids.
YEAH_RIGHT

Tinley Park, IL

#4367 Sep 6, 2014
Rauner brags about his “average Joe” Carhartt jacket and $18 watch, but he owns nine multimillion-dollar homes and was caught taking three property tax exemptions when the law only entitles a homeowner to one. Rauner's vast personal real estate holdings include ranches in Montana and Wyoming, a ski getaway in Utah, a mansion in the Chicago suburb of Winnetka, upscale properties in Chicago and the Florida Keys, and a penthouse on New York's Central Park. He claimed his illegal tax breaks were an "oversight."

See more at: http://www.afscme31.org/news/top-10-facts-abo...
YEAH_RIGHT

Tinley Park, IL

#4368 Sep 6, 2014
Rauner sharply criticizes “pay-to-play” politics, but his firm made millions from Pennsylvania public pension funds after Rauner gave $300,000 to the campaign of that state's governor, Ed Rendell. Rauner’s firm was managing Pennsylvania pension money; after Rendell's election, the state doubled its stake in GTCR funds, resulting in an additional $4 million profit for the firm. Now Rauner has the nerve to accuse public employees of bribery!

See more at: http://www.afscme31.org/news/top-10-facts-abo...
YEAH_RIGHT

Tinley Park, IL

#4369 Sep 6, 2014
Rauner took home $53 million last year--that's $25,000 an hour--but called for cutting the state's minimum wage. When controversy erupted over the billionaire's plan to reduce the minimum to $7.25, Rauner claimed he actually believed the opposite. Then more video surfaced of him saying he “adamantly, adamantly” opposed an increase for the lowest-paid workers.

See more at: http://www.afscme31.org/news/top-10-facts-abo...
vote no on Rauner

Mattoon, IL

#4370 Sep 6, 2014
Have has business ethics similar to Rick Scott of Florida. Scott has tried to push state business towards his own company's. My bet is that Rauner would do the same thing. Rauner boasts he will cut taxes but admits he will raise others. The problem is he won't say which ones. This guy is too slippery to be governor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kincaid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Ivoted 38
Taylorville Wal-mart Employee Threatens Murder (Feb '09) Jun '15 K3VR 13
News 17-year-old drowns in central Illinois lake (Jan '10) Jun '15 duckys wife 2
Kody Koonce May '15 DevilsAngel17 1
Abigail Jo Feller (Jan '15) Apr '15 Classmate 3
Review: Gas Depot The (Nov '14) Nov '14 mulatani 1
golf cart (Jul '14) Jul '14 leslie 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kincaid Mortgages