Review: Branson VA Clinic - Lawrence ...

Review: Branson VA Clinic - Lawrence Allen MD

Posted in the Kimberling City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
veteran

Nixa, MO

#1 Nov 29, 2010
Be very careful when going under the care of a Branson, MO VA Clinic Physician, especially if you are suffering from extreme pain. I recently became a patient at the Branson VA Clinic, and being in extreme pain, had been prescribed pain medication in a large VA Hospital. After moving to the Branson area, I was told that I was no longer in pain, and thus my pain medication was removed! What a bunch of Quacks with no respect for Veterans Health!!!
veteran

Nixa, MO

#2 Nov 29, 2010
To the Nursing Staff of Dr. Van Kinsey: I sincerely hope that all of you can eventually be subject to extreme pain and be told that you are not in pain by your nurse!
obbi

Wichita, KS

#3 Dec 9, 2010
Hi Veteran, we are moving back to the Branson area sometime next year after my husband is finished with the Army.( medical discharged) This has me concerned that the VA clinic treats you like this and may treat my husband like that. He has sever pain from combat injury to his knee (not to mention hearing loss and slight PTSD). Where are the other clinics in the area? Does Mt. Vernon have one?I thought they used to.
Well I will sure keep my eye out on them. They better not be messing around with ppl's pain bacause I am not a quiet one. AND I hope you get the service and treatment you deserve.
travlin man

Lincoln, NE

#4 Dec 12, 2010
you will I am sure not have any trouble obbi, I have been using the VA since 1969 and have verry little trouble, about the same complaints,and problems, as any hospital, now having said that I have not used the Branson VA clinic. I hope it is an isolated case and will not become common practice to make snap dicisions, as for the Mt.Vernon VA clinic, yes it is open an running well, I go there all the time and have never had a problem. good luck to your and your husband and congratulation on his retirement to the ozarks, it is a great place to live.
obbi

Junction City, KS

#5 Dec 13, 2010
Thank you Travlin Man. Its more like just going home though. We are from NW Arkansas and thought anywhere between Harrison - Springfield will have the better jobs for Vets(hubby) and myself. Ozarks is home and always will be. "You can take the Girl outta the Ozarks but you can't take the Ozarks outta the Girl!"
Having a vet treated bad just makes me angry and just wanted to put it out there that I will fight for the Veterans ( hubby again).
Phillyflame

Omaha, NE

#6 Dec 17, 2010
If they said you weren't in pain there must be a reason for it? just sayin"
dude

United States

#7 Dec 17, 2010
Phillyflame wrote:
If they said you weren't in pain there must be a reason for it? just sayin"
yea they were trying to save money

they needed to screw our vets so they would have more money foe welfare
Phillyflame

Omaha, NE

#8 Dec 21, 2010
Screwing the vets has nothing to do with it. The VA has plenty of money. The Narcotics are not given when the prescibing MD: Finds no documented or real physical reason to continue giving them. Part of the story is not being told.
walleye

International Falls, MN

#10 Mar 8, 2011
kx

Since: May 08

panama city beach, fl

#11 Mar 10, 2011
I USE THE BRANSON CLINIC AND I SEE DR.ALLEN! THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS WITH HIS NOT SCHEDULING RETURN VISITS!! HE SCHEDULES MY LABS BUT DOESN'T SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT!! HE SENDS ME NOTES AS WHAT HE WANTS ME TO DO! THAT LEAVES ME OUT OF THE CIRCLE AND IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS I'M JUST OUT IN THE COLD! I'VE CALLED HIS NURSE TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT THIS AND OTHER PROBLEMS AND ALL I GET ARE LECTURES!! SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG WHEN THE VET IS LEFT OUT OF HIS CARE!!! I DON'T LIKE THIS POLICY REGARDLESS OF WHO'S POLICY IT IS!! IT SUCKS!!!
Vets rule

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Mar 19, 2011
GABBYHAYES wrote:
I USE THE BRANSON CLINIC AND I SEE DR.ALLEN! THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS WITH HIS NOT SCHEDULING RETURN VISITS!! HE SCHEDULES MY LABS BUT DOESN'T SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT!! HE SENDS ME NOTES AS WHAT HE WANTS ME TO DO! THAT LEAVES ME OUT OF THE CIRCLE AND IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS I'M JUST OUT IN THE COLD! I'VE CALLED HIS NURSE TO GET INFORMATION ABOUT THIS AND OTHER PROBLEMS AND ALL I GET ARE LECTURES!! SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG WHEN THE VET IS LEFT OUT OF HIS CARE!!! I DON'T LIKE THIS POLICY REGARDLESS OF WHO'S POLICY IT IS!! IT SUCKS!!!
Have you considere the Harrison va?
pianopicker

United States

#14 Jun 25, 2011
I had an appt. with Dr. Allen in Branson on 6/22.
When I asked about a stop-smoking aid, he told me that Wellbutrin might help, but I would have to "kiss his shoes and beg" to get it.
I asked about my prostate meds and he said they now have Flomax. but again, I would have to "kiss his shoes and beg" to get it.
I will try to complain to their Administrator, but if not; will be writing both Mo. Senators

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#15 Jul 27, 2011
To the Vets we use the VA in Mt. Vernon my husband has been going there 5 years. When I first found out he was going to have to do that because he could no longer work and we lost our insurance I thought oh my God I've got to take my husband to a Government funded place to see doctors that are paid for by the Government.(I am not anti-government but I'm not Stupid either I think unfortunately every day we see how much our elected officials work for us)But back to the VA in Mt. Vernon I have not regretted going there at all. My husbands Doctor,Nurse, Sec. are all absolutely wonderful anything he needs we just let the Doctor know and no problem. In fact I have never run into a hateful person there like some of these places. So Good Luck all you Vets and a big THANK YOU and SHAME on you Nurses, Doctors, or anybody being rude and nasty to our VETS, It,s kinda like when you see people being mean or rude to Elderly people like when the Government decides to do cuts well H... lets just take away from those OLD people they don't need it do they it's not like they have already paid for this or worked all their lives just going on the promise that when they did get old or could no longer work it would be THERE for them PS. why did they or us for that matter pay social security for our old and or crippled lives when it wasn't going to be there anyway. So to you RUDE, NASTY people being mean to the ELDERLY or VETS if it wasn't for them your NASTY A.. might not be here so think about it the next time you start to do it. Thank You
KC sunshine

Fayetteville, AR

#16 Aug 26, 2011
Kiss his shoes and beg?? Yeah right. I am sure it has nothing to do with being non compliant with your medications......there are two sides to every story people. I have been to the Branson Clinic and everyone there has been fantastic. If you need pain meds legit then they have no problem giving them but if you violate a pain contract or posses drug seeking behavior then I hope to God our taxpayer dollars are not going to support someone's addiction.
KC sunshine

Fayetteville, AR

#17 Aug 26, 2011
The VA has plenty of money?? Phillyflame obviously does not watch the news....the federal government has NO MONEY!!!! DUH!!
tortured

Mena, AR

#18 Aug 27, 2011
My husband went to the Branson clinic due to extreme back pain for 2 weeks. I can only say, that I wish I would have been there to protect him.
Appreciative

United States

#19 Aug 27, 2011
There are and will always be good and bad in everything. Regardless of where you go. No one can be perfect every minute. The Branson VA is a God Send to 95% of us who go there. If you aren't happy, go elsewhere, but don't knock the entire facility and every person there because you had a bad experience. Surely you have days when you are not so perfect either. Please! This is ridiculous and so unfair to the good people at the Branson VA and there are a lot of them.
tortured

Mena, AR

#20 Aug 27, 2011
All I can say is I wish I would have been there.
See Clinic Mgr

Branson, MO

#21 Aug 27, 2011
If you were not happy with your appt/nurse/doctor/clerk then see the Clinic Mgr. I love the clinic in Branson if I have a problem I go where it can get fixed. On how you treat people can make the biggest difference. I was at the clinic last week and it is unreal on how some of our own veterans talk to the clerks out front. I wanted to get up and take my own out side... hey to get respect you must get it --the girls treated the gentleman with a nice smile and he was so hateful but both girls kept thier cool and even after the Vet went to the back I told the girl that I was sorry for his behavior and she smiled said there are more good ones than bad ones and she said she loved her job. Later I found out she was a Vet herself --so people there are Vets who work there, care about us--Vets remember anger does not get us anything but badmouthing the whole clinic could get it closed and I for one do not want it closed or downsized just because some one did not get their pain meds or could not get help if you want a full-sized hosptial go to Fayetteville AR, Kansas City MO, Little Rock AR or St Louis MO--Branson is a small out patient clinic -not a center or hospital --Branson VA I love you!
Phillyflame

Omaha, NE

#22 Aug 30, 2011
KC sunshine wrote:
The VA has plenty of money?? Phillyflame obviously does not watch the news....the federal government has NO MONEY!!!! DUH!!
Duh yourself--That money is budgeted yaers ahead of time. Why don't you do your research or better yet, think before you make idiotic reponses which expose your moronic IQ. Be sure to continue to watch the evening news -You will really be informed then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walking buddy Aug 28 rustyred 1
rentals (Mar '13) Aug 28 Is that weird 4
Addicted To Jim Bakker-MorningSide Blue Eye Mo (Jan '11) Aug 26 Harly 34
Help with events Aug 25 New to branson 1
Taylor Pettit Aug 16 Catfish 9
Fall Creek Steak House falls down.... (Sep '07) Aug 15 Tina727 17
News Expand Branson West-Kimberling City road to 4 l... (Jun '06) Mar '15 Stacie 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages