Colorado Kids Are Having A Rocky Moun...

Colorado Kids Are Having A Rocky Mountain High

Posted in the Kimberling City Forum

Colorado Kids Git High

Ava, MO

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Colorado Schoolkids Are
Getting Higher Than Ever Following Pot Legalization

Drug testing company find students are 'stoned' and 'fried'

In further news of how Colorado's pot legalization is creating headaches for the state, there appears to be a spike in kids testing strongly positive for THC.

CBS reports that following the legalization of marijuana last year, drug testing outfit Conspire is being called on much more frequently to analyze students for pot use. The company is testing kids at four school districts in El Paso County - and finding more of them than ever testing sky-high for the stuff.

"A typical kid (is) between 50 and 100 nanograms," said Jo McGuire, Conspire's Director of Compliance and Corporate Training. "Now we're seeing these up in the over 500, 700, 800, climbing."

Anecdotal evidence from the youth themselves back her up:

"I've seen a lot more people just walking down the street smoking (joints)," said one student.

McGuire confessed to finally comprehending terms like "stoned" and "fried" in the context of pot use, now that he's seen the condition of some of the students he tests:

"I'm now understanding why we use those terms, because you literally take your brain and you rob it of the ability to fire the way it's supposed to fire, so your memory is impaired."

Do you think Colorado's pot legalization will lead to problematic teen drug use?

Yes, it sounds worse already

And that leads to kids having more sex in cars,on the park benches,on the grass, when they get high they lose their basic instincts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kirby VanBurch (Dec '11) 5 hr Merlin 2
Bald knob theater sell? 5 hr Tourist 3
Where is the ghetto in Branson Missouri? (Jan '13) Mon Qwerty 20
West gate community Mon Qwerty 3
looking for a place to swim that's not well kn... Mon Qwerty 2
My ex Billy Taylor Mon Qwerty 2
Corruption at ALL levels of Taney County (May '12) Mon No longer brother... 21

Kimberling City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance