so -you want to be a pipeline welder?
Nutcracker

Warminster, PA

#68 Jan 3, 2013
mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw the Union. I work for myself, not some fat greasy union head.
R you for real. What they teach u is how to f--k the contractor!! Where do you get off calling people rats when there out there making a living. Does your mom work for a union?? People who sit home and work the system r rats!!!!!!
Godlove ushie

Sweden

#69 Jan 4, 2013
welding god wrote:
tig welding is for girls
.is welding a god job
boilermaker 687

Ozark, AR

#71 Jan 9, 2013
Im a boilermaker this reply is for pipe line jack! Ive been welding a long long time! uphill downhill side to side upside down reach around if cant reach it the broomstick will! slag weld mirror welds automatic welds carbon stainless copper Inconel what ever it takes to put the root in while im in a pickle! burn it straight in walk it side to side or top to bottom 3/32 gap to a one inch gap don't really matter! x rays are easy bend test are critical!
boilermaker 687

Ozark, AR

#72 Jan 9, 2013
welding is a great career God love but expect your eyes to get bad over time and you have to travel to make the money!i bring in 1500 3200 a week take home!
boilermaker 687

Ozark, AR

#73 Jan 9, 2013
without a rig truck just a welding hood!
boilermaker 687

Ozark, AR

#74 Jan 9, 2013
join a pipefitter apprenticeship or boilermaker
boilermaker 687

Ozark, AR

#75 Jan 9, 2013
you sound like you have a little to much pride pipeline jack! which makes you foolish!!and a bust out rookie!
Ole buddy

Saint Albans, WV

#76 Feb 24, 2013
Do 798 welders have much lay off time? Or do they pick up work quick after finishing up a job?
armed american

Danville, IL

#77 Feb 26, 2013
IRWELDER wrote:
Union guys are lazy useless f***s
That funny! I work more hours in 6 months then your rat ass probably does all year. Let me guess. A. Back woods hick who tried and couldn't make it in?
Sorry bout ya!

Unions-the people who earned you the weekend.
armed american

Danville, IL

#78 Feb 26, 2013
Proud union boilermaker st louis

God help the rats if my state goes right to work..its a dangerous trade
stone

Grand Blanc, MI

#79 Mar 19, 2013
Union or non union learn your trade to the best of your abilities. I got my 6g but the road isn't for me. I've been welding structural for thirteen years and run into a lot of loud mouthes but no one can argue a good weld. So perfect your craft and leave the loud talk to those who are compensating for their inabilities. Best advice for those getting into welding- find the quiet guy bout your dads age that keeps to himself while welding. Odds are he knows the most and is willing to share.
Pipeline Jack

Branson, MO

#80 Mar 20, 2013
I agree 1,000% with you
stone wrote:
Union or non union learn your trade to the best of your abilities. I got my 6g but the road isn't for me. I've been welding structural for thirteen years and run into a lot of loud mouthes but no one can argue a good weld. So perfect your craft and leave the loud talk to those who are compensating for their inabilities. Best advice for those getting into welding- find the quiet guy bout your dads age that keeps to himself while welding. Odds are he knows the most and is willing to share.
because>>>>> >>>
Those who KNOW don't ..........TALK.........
and
those who TALK..........don't know!

this is an old Pipeliners Proverb

ps: there are over 50.000 miles of pipelines in the USA...

WHICH IS THE GREAtEST NATION on the face of the earth!

Thank you dear Lord Jesus!
hotrod

Lawrence, KS

#81 Mar 20, 2013
I'm with Pinaplle, If it were not for the skill and training from the unions you all in your rat schools and shops would be welding your butts off for houston wages 7 days a week 14/16 hour days besides not all union boss' are grease balls. Mine just negotiated me a raise $9.00 over 3 years. That'll put at $38.10 on the check in june boys! Just gets better from there. How Many of you have retirement, vacation pay and serve 5 years of aprrenticship payed for by all the union brothers. I might add you can even come out of school with a degree should you choose to excell further. Boys, Say thanks to the unions THEY ARE THE ONES WHO BROUGHT YOU THE WEEKEND.
Boilermaker 687

Walker, LA

#82 Mar 29, 2013
armed american wrote:
Proud union boilermaker st louis
God help the rats if my state goes right to work..its a dangerous trade
I'm not sure who your calling rat ass! Pipe line jack or me! I can assure you I am a strong union man! And if you are from st Louis you were probobly at Itan I was you boilermaker satey!
UA pipeliner

Caledon, Canada

#83 Apr 2, 2013
You call yourself a pipeliner bhahahah you're soft you work in a fab shop probably do a couple roll welds a day..... You may be a pipe welder but you are not a pipeliner.
marty

United States

#84 Apr 10, 2013
How do I become a welders helper? Currently I'm a welder now. Been welding for 15yrs. Looking for advancement to learn more. Hands on is better than classroom.
Claire girl

Claremore, OK

#85 May 9, 2013
Uh[QUOTE whowant to be a pipeliner well you need to practice practice and practice till you cant anymore then do it again. cause all that seperates a new welder for one who thinks hes good is this. Rember acting like a premadona makes you look bad and you get what you give.Also rember you will be a rollmodel some day too and you dont want to come off as over gratefull self centered asshole[/QUOTE]
Claire girl

Claremore, OK

#86 May 9, 2013
Wow ! You guys trash talk each other kinda bad . I thought unions support the welding profession all together and encourage others to come aboard .
USEN

Ashburn, VA

#88 May 22, 2013
Yes, I want to be pipeline welding
maduka christian

Europe

#89 May 27, 2013
am glad to locat this site, am a welder but i want to have more knowledge in welding work.so i wil like to be part of the students. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My ex Billy Taylor Sun Lauraleetaylors 1
Indian point police cheif hamlin Sat Upset vacationer 1
News News 3 mins ago 6:02 p.m.Branson police tipped ... Jul 17 Cat Hater 2
Where is the ghetto in Branson Missouri? (Jan '13) Jul 17 Branson Resident 19
News Jim Bakker interviews Mike Huckabee on faith, p... (Sep '16) Jul 15 Randy Mc Cay 3
News Daredevil hangs by her teeth over Niagara Falls... Jul 15 Randy Mc Cay 6
looking for a place to swim that's not well kn... Jul 14 Adri9 1

Kimberling City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages