Springfield Woman Drowns At Table Roc...

Springfield Woman Drowns At Table Rock Lake

There are 39 comments on the Fox2Now story from Aug 29, 2010, titled Springfield Woman Drowns At Table Rock Lake. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

A woman from Springfield, Missouri drowned Saturday afternoon at Table Rock Lake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Avenger

East Saint Louis, IL

#1 Aug 29, 2010
My son lives at Lake of the Ozarks and he mentioned that many people drown every year because of bad decisions. Our bad decisions cost our lives. Too bad this happened. There is nothing much one can say except give the family our condolences.

“Amused by Ignorance”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 29, 2010
It says nothing about there being a bad decision here. It says she was swimming back to shore. What if she had a heart attack and drown? Would that be a bad decision? Moral of my story -- too many skeptics and conspiracy theorists out there.

My sympathies to the family.
Gator

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 29, 2010
Wearing a PFD or a life jacket or having a throw cushion would have been a good decision. Just saying, So sorry for the families loss..
Avenger

East Saint Louis, IL

#4 Aug 29, 2010
Someones Hero wrote:
It says nothing about there being a bad decision here. It says she was swimming back to shore. What if she had a heart attack and drown? Would that be a bad decision? Moral of my story -- too many skeptics and conspiracy theorists out there.
My sympathies to the family.
If you had a brain you would be considered dangerous and certainly thoughtless. The fact she was in a lake that does NOT have life guards around, and swimming to shore without a life jacket, IS A BAD DECISION, STUPID FOOL! If she had a heart attack the life jacket would have kept her afloat, DUH! Common Sense dictates a life jacket in that environment but she didn't wear one = bad decision!

You consider others 'skeptics and conspiracy theorists" when YOU can classify for the village idiot! Since no one else is trying out for that part, you won, you can have it!

It's too bad, you aren't anywhere near as smart or as intelligent as you think you are!!!
kpa

Fenton, MO

#5 Aug 29, 2010
Very tragic and scary, I was on the same lake on the same day. My condolences to the family and friends for their loss.
Eclipse

Chicago, IL

#6 Aug 29, 2010
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a brain you would be considered dangerous and certainly thoughtless. The fact she was in a lake that does NOT have life guards around, and swimming to shore without a life jacket, IS A BAD DECISION, STUPID FOOL! If she had a heart attack the life jacket would have kept her afloat, DUH! Common Sense dictates a life jacket in that environment but she didn't wear one = bad decision!
You consider others 'skeptics and conspiracy theorists" when YOU can classify for the village idiot! Since no one else is trying out for that part, you won, you can have it!
It's too bad, you aren't anywhere near as smart or as intelligent as you think you are!!!
I think what sadens me the most is the fact that you are arguing about poor decisions when you in fact are making one by posting that. Someone lost there life yesterday and all you can do is sit there and try to justify what you post and downgrade another persons intelligence. All you are doing is disgracing shelly's name and family. You should be ashamed of yourself. Rest in peace shelly may god be with you and your family.
Misty

El Dorado Springs, MO

#7 Aug 29, 2010
She was a good swimmer so I'm sure she probably didn't consider a life saving device. She has taken swimming lessons and all. Whether it be bad decisions that played a role in this tragic accident or not that is no reason to lay blame or try to make it that she made a bad decision that played a role. There is family that reads these things you know and it doesn't help our hearts to lay blame on jer for a decision she may or may not have made wisely. Whatever the case is, it happened and she is no longer with her family or friends. So please don't try to make it worse than it already is. I love you Shelli R.I.P. you are in our hearts always girl.
Misty

El Dorado Springs, MO

#8 Aug 29, 2010
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid fool when someone is as good of a swimmer as she was you probably wouldnt have wore one either. You say she was swimming where there isnt any life guards well this girl could have been one. Which goes woithout saying do you see lifeguards wearing life jackets? Didnt think so. So now whos the stupid fool.
Misty

El Dorado Springs, MO

#9 Aug 29, 2010
Eclipse wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what sadens me the most is the fact that you are arguing about poor decisions when you in fact are making one by posting that. Someone lost there life yesterday and all you can do is sit there and try to justify what you post and downgrade another persons intelligence. All you are doing is disgracing shelly's name and family. You should be ashamed of yourself. Rest in peace shelly may god be with you and your family.
Thank you eclipse. dont know if you knew shelli or not but that was really cool to jump to her defense. I too think it is wrong she was a good friend and the mother of my nieces and nephew and it saddens me to see someone who doesnt even know her try to justify what happened with bad thoughts or decisions and to down grade for what happened. It was a trgic accident that may or may not have been preventable. Whatever the case she is gone now and nothing can change that.
Way To Go

Rolla, MO

#10 Aug 30, 2010
My prayers go to the family and friends. So sorry for your loss. May God give you peace and comfort you.
Avenger

East Saint Louis, IL

#11 Aug 30, 2010
Misty wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid fool when someone is as good of a swimmer as she was you probably wouldnt have wore one either. You say she was swimming where there isnt any life guards well this girl could have been one. Which goes woithout saying do you see lifeguards wearing life jackets? Didnt think so. So now whos the stupid fool.
To you and the other two jerks that took offense at my comment! Listen closely and you might learn something! She jumped into a lake that she didn't know what the under currents were so she took for granted what she thought she could do and without any protection in the event she was wrong. That is a bad decision. There are no lifeguards, so no one to assist if she had a problem - Bad decision. It doesn't matter iF SHE thought she was an accomplished swimmer IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE WATER! I lived right on that lake for 6 years and other people have drowned because they thought they were better than they actually were! YOU don't know what it takes to be a lifeguard but they KNOW the waters they guard, and they know what it takes to go into it. She did not - bad decision.

The bottom line is this: she made a decison to go swimming to shore inappropriately prepared to deal with the unknown waters, and now she is gone! That alone says - bad decision. It doesn't assign guilt or blame, it merely says she made a decision that cost her life!

Now, all you buttheads that are drama queens go find something productive to do with your time. Stupidity doesn't run in your family, it gallops! What IS amazing is that there are so many of you from the same group! Must be in the water?
Misty

El Dorado Springs, MO

#13 Aug 30, 2010
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
To you and the other two jerks that took offense at my comment! Listen closely and you might learn something! She jumped into a lake that she didn't know what the under currents were so she took for granted what she thought she could do and without any protection in the event she was wrong. That is a bad decision. There are no lifeguards, so no one to assist if she had a problem - Bad decision. It doesn't matter iF SHE thought she was an accomplished swimmer IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE WATER! I lived right on that lake for 6 years and other people have drowned because they thought they were better than they actually were! YOU don't know what it takes to be a lifeguard but they KNOW the waters they guard, and they know what it takes to go into it. She did not - bad decision.
The bottom line is this: she made a decison to go swimming to shore inappropriately prepared to deal with the unknown waters, and now she is gone! That alone says - bad decision. It doesn't assign guilt or blame, it merely says she made a decision that cost her life!
Now, all you buttheads that are drama queens go find something productive to do with your time. Stupidity doesn't run in your family, it gallops! What IS amazing is that there are so many of you from the same group! Must be in the water?
Im sure you have made stupid decisions in your life and I pray that one of these days when you make another one it doesn't come back to bite you nad cost your life. God delas with everyone in his own way and like I said I hope it doesnt come back to bite you. Apparently she should have known she make it back or she wouldnt have swam out that far DUH. Further more you shouldnt write things that could make us as her family hurt more than we already do. So I'm going to say this may god have pity on you and forgive you for the things you do that hurt other people make their hearts hurt even more. GOD bless you and maybe one day you might be cosiderate of others.
Freddie

East Saint Louis, IL

#14 Aug 30, 2010
Misty wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure you have made stupid decisions in your life and I pray that one of these days when you make another one it doesn't come back to bite you nad cost your life. God delas with everyone in his own way and like I said I hope it doesnt come back to bite you. Apparently she should have known she make it back or she wouldnt have swam out that far DUH. Further more you shouldnt write things that could make us as her family hurt more than we already do. So I'm going to say this may god have pity on you and forgive you for the things you do that hurt other people make their hearts hurt even more. GOD bless you and maybe one day you might be cosiderate of others.
I see talking to people that have a limited capacity to understand what some one is trying to tell you is an effort in futility! You have decided that all comments except ones of 'sympathy' are inappropriate and uncalled for. Not true but with your inability to accept the concept it is a waste of time and energy to explain again. You go ahead and feel sorry for yourself.

I might remind you - this did not happen to YOU, it happened to HER so why are you feeling sorry for yourself? Misdirected sympathy is getting you attention, right? Think about that for a minute or two and it might dawn on your what I"ve said (but I seriously doubt it).
Cards Fan

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 30, 2010
Wow Freddie sounds a lot like Avenger... And they are both from Belleville... Hmmm. Anyway death is very tragic no matter the circumstance. Thoughts and prayers are with friends and family. Just because you are sad over someone's passing doesn't mean you are feeling sorry for yourself. Death comes with plenty of emotions and sadness is one of them. Don't judge people who are going through a hard time, especially if you don't know how they feel. Misplaced anger if you ask me. God Bless!!!
Freddie

East Saint Louis, IL

#16 Aug 30, 2010
Cards Fan wrote:
Wow Freddie sounds a lot like Avenger... And they are both from Belleville... Hmmm. Anyway death is very tragic no matter the circumstance. Thoughts and prayers are with friends and family. Just because you are sad over someone's passing doesn't mean you are feeling sorry for yourself. Death comes with plenty of emotions and sadness is one of them. Don't judge people who are going through a hard time, especially if you don't know how they feel. Misplaced anger if you ask me. God Bless!!!
I don't have a clue where Avenger is from, but I do know I'm not from Belleville, but my server does get signal from that direction sometimes. So, just because it might say Belleville, Hazelwood, ST. Louis, etc. only means their Internet is getting its usage from that direction.

I don't live anywhere near Belleville, and the reason I find your'rationale' rather silly. What I find really funny is mine has said several different things at different times and has even said Collinsville. I think I've been through there one time in my life! Weird!

I have a fairly decent education and I think Avenger is fairly well educated. Perhaps that is the similarity. I do know I apprecite the straightforward manner of his speaking and that says to me that he has a lot of common sense even though some comments are strong. I do think he truly believes in what he is saying and I do believe his remarks are meant to teach. Maybe people should take it that way!
Misty

El Dorado Springs, MO

#17 Aug 30, 2010
Freddie wrote:
<quoted text>
I see talking to people that have a limited capacity to understand what some one is trying to tell you is an effort in futility! You have decided that all comments except ones of 'sympathy' are inappropriate and uncalled for. Not true but with your inability to accept the concept it is a waste of time and energy to explain again. You go ahead and feel sorry for yourself.
I might remind you - this did not happen to YOU, it happened to HER so why are you feeling sorry for yourself? Misdirected sympathy is getting you attention, right? Think about that for a minute or two and it might dawn on your what I"ve said (but I seriously doubt it).
Thats right it happened to her and she is no longer here to defend herself or why she made the decision she made so saying the things you are saying is wrong no one knows what may have happened or why it happened so i think until all the facts are laid out on the table and the reasons why it really happened are revealed then i dont think the decision she made is stupid at all. it might be different if the decisions she made prior to going into the water played a part in what happened but until we know why or what then i dont think anyone should be calling her stupid or ignorant. its rude and inconsiderate. By the way i just hope and pray my nieces and nephew that were left behind to deal with their mothers death never se the comments inconsiderate people have to say. dont you think the loss of their mother is devastating enough without seeing or hearing the comments people like THINK are true before facts. So no its not sympathy for me its sympathy for her her those kids that have enough to deal with and enough heartache. so back off.
Jlynn

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Aug 31, 2010
Cards Fan wrote:
You read my mind, sounds allot like Avenger!
Bag of Bones

Ozark, MO

#19 Aug 31, 2010
QUOTE: "She jumped into a lake that she didn't know what the under currents were..."

Under Currents? In Table Rock Lake? Talk about being ignorant.

If you are diving 'near the dam' and they open the gates to run some water (generate power) you MIGHT feel a slight current if you are fifty or 75 feet down, otherwise the idea of some " currents " in that lake are amusing.

She may have developed a cramp, had a heart attack, or some other sudden, physical problem. She could have accidently swallowed water from a passing boat's wake ( topwater ). But it's all speculation ...( can you spell autopsy?)

She most assuredly did NOT get pulled under or encounter a current swimming topwater in that lake.

My sympathies to her family and friends.
Avenger

East Saint Louis, IL

#21 Aug 31, 2010
BTW, it's a 'fresh water' lake. Look it up and see how that water keeps on being 'fresh'. If it didn't have a current it would become stagnant! Gawd, I despise intentional stupidity like Bag O Bones and Misty. The water moves, so how do you think it moves, by osmosis? It flows, so how do you think it flows? ignorant know-it-all idiots!
No wonder you nut cases drown, no brains!
fefifofum

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Aug 31, 2010
AVENGER=FREDDIE one in the same. This is GREYGHOST also

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotel with the best breakfast Wed Jean 1
Power outrage Wed testing 3
branson is racist (Jun '07) Aug 18 notashamed 55
Summerwinds Resort Branson Mo (May '13) Aug 17 Sam Snow 30
News Branson police say man was not mistreated durin... (Jun '13) Aug 14 Susan 13
BODY ATTACHMENTS-What does this mean? (Nov '12) Aug 13 grave digger 34
News Expand Branson West-Kimberling City road to 4 l... (Jun '06) Mar '15 Stacie 8

Kimberling City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages