Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,421 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

FACT

Olathe, KS

#7287 Jan 25, 2014
They are shutting down responsible dog breeders with our tax $$$$$$$
tim

Arnold, MO

#7288 Jan 26, 2014
No. We do not need any more government regulations. Its just another money grab. And a step towards outlawing livestock production. So sick of weak people trying to pass laws that restrict my rights.
just sayin

Brookland, AR

#7289 Jan 26, 2014
i want a law that will shut down plant breeders...plants are the most mistreated creatures on the planet. we feed them with feces, we eat them while they are still living, we walk on them, cut them, burn them, smoke them, we let our animals use them as restrooms and more...

do plants not breath, breed, get sick, bleed, grow old, and just about every thing any animal does except walk???? If we treated our animals the way we treated plants we would go to jail. I want to see a law about this... PETP is for the people for the ethical treatment of plants. Support your local PETP today.

One thing to consider - if it were not for plants, we would not be here today. Plants are natures air filters. They breath what we exhale and other pollutants. Without plants our air supply would not be breathable. And to think we are thanking them by eating them alive...

“Thads Friend”

Since: Jan 09

Mo.

#7290 Jan 26, 2014
just sayin wrote:
i want a law that will shut down plant breeders...plants are the most mistreated creatures on the planet. we feed them with feces, we eat them while they are still living, we walk on them, cut them, burn them, smoke them, we let our animals use them as restrooms and more...

do plants not breath, breed, get sick, bleed, grow old, and just about every thing any animal does except walk???? If we treated our animals the way we treated plants we would go to jail. I want to see a law about this... PETP is for the people for the ethical treatment of plants. Support your local PETP today.

One thing to consider - if it were not for plants, we would not be here today. Plants are natures air filters. They breath what we exhale and other pollutants. Without plants our air supply would not be breathable. And to think we are thanking them by eating them alive...
Your insane comparing the 2.

When God was handing out brains, you thought he said milkshakes. You said make nine xtra soft please. At least you have manners.
FACT

Overland Park, KS

#7291 Jan 26, 2014
ck out how many responsible dog breeders that were shut down using your tax $$$$$$. The Dog kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything and everything . A lot of business have lost a lot of money due to prop B . And it will be the farmers next if we don't vote to stop this crooked mess.

“Thads Friend”

Since: Jan 09

Mo.

#7292 Jan 27, 2014
FACT wrote:
ck out how many responsible dog breeders that were shut down using your tax $$$$$$. The Dog kennel inspectors can violate a breeder for anything and everything . A lot of business have lost a lot of money due to prop B . And it will be the farmers next if we don't vote to stop this crooked mess.
Sounds like. Your opinion. Not facts
FACT

Kansas City, KS

#7293 Jan 27, 2014
Thads Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like. Your opinion. Not facts
This is Facts ! Ck it out. Google How many mo dog breeders have been sued by the Attoney General since Prop. B . Than google the calavary group .You will find that the intent of prop B was not about dogs. The united states Humane Sociaty used Prop B to get their foot in the door in Mo. And now we have the Right To Farm on the ballot this year . If we lose our right to farm we are all history. Please connect all the dots with prop B and the Right to Farm.
anonymous

United States

#7294 Jan 28, 2014
Calling it the puppy mill bill is the only way it got passed
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

#7295 Jan 28, 2014
bump it up
FACT

Overland Park, KS

#7296 Jan 28, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Calling it the puppy mill bill is the only way it got passed
That's Right .
I Know

Kansas City, KS

#7297 Jan 28, 2014
If the licensed dog breeders are in violation when the inspectors show up unanouced the breeder is written up .Violation could be a empty water bowl, even though you had filled the dish 10 min prior to inspection. Or maybe one of the dogs lost it's ID collar Etc. Inspectors can inspect anytime between 8 am / 5 pm . It takes all day to to do everything that needs to be done everyday in a kennel. such as cleaning pens,feeding,watering,breeding ,weining puppies,socializing puppies,vaccinating,clipping coats,trips to the vet.Mounds of paper work.Etc.
I Know

Kansas City, KS

#7298 Jan 28, 2014
The A- general was given the right to sue a breeder if they are in violation.The breeder can be sued $ 1000.00 per non violation. So the breeders choose to shut their kennels down.If you get sued by the A- general and go to court . you will need to defend youself or hire a Lawyer at $ 200.00 per hr. So the licensed dog breeders are damned if they do.And damned if they don't . So if we lose our right to farm in the election this year.!!!!!!!!! History.
I Know

Kansas City, KS

#7299 Jan 29, 2014
per violation
mess

Kansas City, KS

#7300 Jan 30, 2014
What a mess . So how many licensed breeders are left after prop b ?
St Louis Sucks

Branson, MO

#7302 Jan 31, 2014
Yep
in the loop

Olathe, KS

#7303 Jan 31, 2014
prop b is just the beginning . connect all the dots. The Right to farm bill. Affordable health care. Etc.
Jeez

Ozark, MO

#7304 Jan 31, 2014
I like puppies
in the loop

Overland Park, KS

#7305 Jan 31, 2014
Jeez wrote:
I like puppies
I love puppies.However this is a very serious issure. A lot of good breeder have lost everything due to this mess with prop b.One day we won't be able to buy a puppy.Because their won't be any. Also other small business's are being put out of business . I for one am going to do what I can to put a stop to this mess and all of the lies that have been told about the mo dog breeders.
Looper

Malden, MO

#7307 Feb 1, 2014
in the loop wrote:
<quoted text> I love puppies.However this is a very serious issure. A lot of good breeder have lost everything due to this mess with prop b.One day we won't be able to buy a puppy.Because their won't be any. Also other small business's are being put out of business . I for one am going to do what I can to put a stop to this mess and all of the lies that have been told about the mo dog breeders.
Yes, I agree this is a very serious issue. The fact Puppy Mills are breeding dogs in horrible conditions. Yes, I do understand people enjoy having a puppy to keep them company. But I disagree 100% with the puppy mills. They aren't right. If someone wants to breed a dog they should keep them in good conditions.
There have been a lot of dog breeders in Missouri lie about their breeding and breeding conditions. Some people will tell you their conditions are the greatest for animals when they could be the worst.
In my own opinion, people should put an end to the Puppy Mills. I'm saying this because I myself am an animal lover including dogs. If a person wants to breed puppies at least put them in good conditions. Instead of putting them in cages cramped together like sardines.
I myself am pretty sure nobody would like to be cramped up in small cages. If they think about what they are doing. How would they like being put in a cage? Put the puppy mill, horrible conditions, breeders in the puppies place and see if they like it.
fools

Kansas City, KS

#7308 Feb 1, 2014
So many people were fooled by the intentions of prop b. The state does not know that you are a dog breeder unless you are licensed.And if you are licensed by the state and usda you have to be in compliance. So unlicensed dog breeders are still in business as licensed dog breeders are being shut down by the dozens. Licensed dog breeders buy their license and pay tax s. Why did the state go after the licensed breeders ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BRANSON is the WORST town in the USA!!! OUR VISIT (Jun '13) 5 hr Stover 88
Forum that provides objective information witho... (Nov '09) 5 hr nomenotyou 77
News Roseanne Barr, left, and John Goodman appear in... May 14 Robin R 1
News Show-Me Jim Bakker Selling Condos In Branson, M... May 14 Robin R 1
News Inside Jim Bakker Missouri town prepping for Ap... May 14 Robin R 5
Celebration Cove Scam (Jul '15) May 9 Local Yokel 3
Hatfield & McCoy Apr 29 Show lover 1

Kimberling City Jobs

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages