reeds spring missouri police department

Posted in the Kimberling City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A Concerned Citizen

Willow Springs, MO

#1 May 21, 2013
I intend to file a formal complaint regarding the harassment by the Reeds Spring Police Department towards the citizens, specifically the continual harassment of teenage boys by Officer Lackey. I have heard from several other people that their teenagers are also being harassed and arrested on bogus charges. If anyone else had a similar experience I would like to hear from you. There are rumors circulating that the Chief of Police of Reeds Spring left the area in the middle of the night and went back to Colorado after being caught in the back of a police car with a teenage boy engaged in inappropriate conduct. I would like to verify if these rumors are true or not.
Pissed Off

Sparta, MO

#2 May 22, 2013
A Concerned Citizen wrote:
I intend to file a formal complaint regarding the harassment by the Reeds Spring Police Department towards the citizens, specifically the continual harassment of teenage boys by Officer Lackey. I have heard from several other people that their teenagers are also being harassed and arrested on bogus charges. If anyone else had a similar experience I would like to hear from you. There are rumors circulating that the Chief of Police of Reeds Spring left the area in the middle of the night and went back to Colorado after being caught in the back of a police car with a teenage boy engaged in inappropriate conduct. I would like to verify if these rumors are true or not.
If that is indeed the truth, something better be done! They have been very vague about why the chief left. Sure would be nice to see the small town leadership do something right for once. How about inform the public of what's going on.
As for Lackey, I have posted in the past how he and the RS police target these kids. They don't have to be doing anything. I have voiced my outrage and hope this gets out to those that don't know.
Nice to see others stepping up! Leave the kids alone Lackey! I know it's time for some new leadership in Reeds Spring, long over due.
not important

United States

#3 May 25, 2013
I am glad i dont live there. I know the Galena cop does well here. He is very personable and talks to everyone. He does well with the school kids and locals here and is Active in the community and community orientated. He is also really Fair when it comes to the job from traffic to yard ordinances and has made good progress. And doesnt put up with non sense and is professional.
Concerned as you are

Pueblo, CO

#4 Jun 2, 2013
A Concerned Citizen wrote:
Where would this type of rumor have come around, did you every see this person conducting this type of behavior at any other time. I would be very careful about what you really beleive or not, and if there was some type of scandal such as this I am very sure that a complete investigation would have been completed and further this would have made the news because that is very serious stuff. You need to check your facts and go to the source if you want to find information out. The sunshine law provides or open government and you can find out what you want about what happend right from the city.
There is no sunshine law

Springfield, MO

#5 Jun 3, 2013
The cities in this state are not forced to turn over anything. The cities will simply state it is a personnel matter. The cities will then refuse to turn over anything. The county district attorneys will not prosecute the cities. It has happen time and time again. A sunshine law does not exsist, if it isn't enforced.
City Governement corrupt

Salem, UT

#6 Jun 3, 2013
The police chief was let go because he was doing the right thing. When they let him go... they told him they don't have to give him a reason. Thanks to the bond between the mayor and sheriff rador... the county will be taking over as law enforcement.
mother of three

Nixa, MO

#7 Jun 13, 2013
Lakey continues to harrass my boy to the point of grabbing ahold of his tazer when my 10 yr old went to walk off now he pulls them over on their skate boards all the time where are they suppose to play and enjoy outside I like my childen to exersise not sit on games all day
dewayne

Mount Vernon, MO

#8 Jun 13, 2013
TOfficer lachey is a disturbed man. He has a personel grudge against me that I can't figure out.just this evening in front of pops he asked me and I quote"you wanna go"which he meant fight.I was sitting at table minding my own buisness.multiple witnesses including owner dale mincer can confirm this.he pulled my lady friend over and searced her truck for approx 55 min.he unplugged key components of the trucks master break cylinder sensors during search took air breather apart didn't put anything back the way it was. He has searched me several times very aggresively while I was walkin my road.he has told false allegations to buissness owners including the alcholic motel manager.so I'm not allowed on properties.I'm not an angel but I'm not dangerous or bad for my community because I have a minor arrest history. And ladies and gents id lay my hand on a stack of bibles and swear everything I've written is the truth the whole truth and nothin but. The truth. Thank u for your time...
mother of three

Nixa, MO

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Again Officer Lackey pulled over my 15 yr old and his friend last thursday night about 8 pm. He was going to arrest them for skateboarding. Until my mother pulled up and asked what was going on. Thats when Officer Lackey backed up off the boys. All of my boys are worried to go enjoy themselves outside now, we as citizens should be able to do something, but no matter how many complaints are made nothing happens. This system is very corrupt. Our children should not have to worry about police officers. They should be worring what girl likes them or just enjoying their summer.
Law abiding citizen

Ava, MO

#11 Jun 25, 2013
I have been harrast by these little skateboards. They think they are tough when I drive by they yell curse words me.Every time I drive home from work and they are out there this happens. I don't even know these kids. I do know business owners complain all the time that they are mouthy brats.
Local Boy

Reeds Spring, MO

#12 Jun 25, 2013
Law abiding citizen wrote:
I have been harrast by these little skateboards. They think they are tough when I drive by they yell curse words me.Every time I drive home from work and they are out there this happens. I don't even know these kids. I do know business owners complain all the time that they are mouthy brats.
There are a whole bunch of kids that fit that mold but that still doesn't make it right for Lackey to pull his power trip. What is going to happen is Lackey will get the city sued and the city will lose all control which may not be a bad thing. Lackey doesn't have Andy Taylor to keep him in check.
Anonymous

Ava, MO

#13 Jun 25, 2013
A complaint was filed at the police department about these kids who are complaining on here. I was at the place where the officer encountered these kids. The officer only told them to stay out of the road and to stop yelling at passing cars. The boys were rude ans showed a total lack of respect. They are not supposed to have the skateboards anywhere near the business district and he was not only courteous but simply doing his job. I haven't been here long but I can say the police are doing a pretty good job. The problem is the sniffling cry babies who throw a fit when they get caught breaking the law. They want to blame everyone but themselves. You folks making these ridiculous statements should go back to school and learn to spell. Maybe get off the drugs. As for the law abiding citizens we say "Go Reeds Spring". We may end up with a good clean town to live in after while. i asked that officer once why he wore glasses with no lenses and he told me there was a camera inside "because people like to tell stories". Imagine that people telling lies!! I would have never guessed.
Local Boy

Reeds Spring, MO

#14 Jun 26, 2013
concerned local76 wrote:
A complaint was filed at the police department about these kids who are complaining on here. I was at the place where the officer encountered these kids. The officer only told them to stay out of the road and to stop yelling at passing cars. The boys were rude ans showed a total lack of respect. They are not supposed to have the skateboards anywhere near the business district and he was not only courteous but simply doing his job. I haven't been here long but I can say the police are doing a pretty good job. The problem is the sniffling cry babies who throw a fit when they get caught breaking the law. They want to blame everyone but themselves. You folks making these ridiculous statements should go back to school and learn to spell. Maybe get off the drugs. As for the law abiding citizens we say "Go Reeds Spring". We may end up with a good clean town to live in after while. i asked that officer once why he wore glasses with no lenses and he told me there was a camera inside "because people like to tell stories". Imagine that people telling lies!! I would have never guessed.
You got one thing right, you haven't been here long. I am a business owner in the area and support law enforcement! With this said I have witnessed Lackey target teenage drivers from the High School and he approaches any group of kids walking down the street. Why hassle the kids and make them lose respect for law enforcement. To serve an protect!
And finally, are you saying it's not a good clean town? And now with you and the rest of the Yankee bastards it's going to be?
You have lost all credibility. Go back to where you came from!
local

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jun 26, 2013
Sir What Business Are You In And Do You Have A Business License In The City? Did You Vote In The Last Municipal Election?Is He Harsassing The Walking Kids Or Talking. Is He Targeting The Kids Or Doing Stops Simply To Slow Traffic Down. Have You Been There And Jeard The Conversations? Sir I Have Been Here A Long Time And He Is Serving And Protecting The Othe Motorist And The Decent People. You Language Cost You Your Credibility. If Ypu Were In Trouble Who Would You Call?
local old man

Willow Springs, MO

#16 Jun 26, 2013
I have been in this town for a long time and if you would use your head and your ears instead of your mouth you would know most of the trouble in town is all drug related. All the RS cops are trying to do is clean up the town and make a good place to live. If you don't like the area go back to where you came from. I have observed LACKY at different times and have not seen any thing wrong. Why don't you ask for a ride along and you can see for your self until keep your mouth shut.
Reeds

Ava, MO

#17 Jun 26, 2013
I am also a business owner here and I have asked these kids to not be on my property, if they get hurt I don't need to be sued! There words to me was [email protected] off lady!! Good kids ya right!!!
another business owner

Ava, MO

#18 Jun 26, 2013
I Asked Officer Lackey To Confront These Kids About Skating In The Business District. The Boys Are Rude And Poorly Supervised. They Cuss And Trash Talk All Of TheGood Hardworking People In This Town And My Customers. Lackey Does His Job And Thwy Call It Harrassment. Why Is It His Fault They Were Not Raised Correctly. That Guy Is Doing The Best He Can With What He Was Handed. Keep Your Boards Away I don't Want A Law Suit.
Local Boy

Marshfield, MO

#19 Jun 26, 2013
another business owner wrote:
I Asked Officer Lackey To Confront These Kids About Skating In The Business District. The Boys Are Rude And Poorly Supervised. They Cuss And Trash Talk All Of TheGood Hardworking People In This Town And My Customers. Lackey Does His Job And Thwy Call It Harrassment. Why Is It His Fault They Were Not Raised Correctly. That Guy Is Doing The Best He Can With What He Was Handed. Keep Your Boards Away I don't Want A Law Suit.
And what I'm saying is just because of a group doesn't mean you profile the entire cast of RS kids. Enjoy the prosperous business in the heart of Reeds Spring, so sick of you jackasses. I'm sure your kids spend all day playing XBOx so you have no worries, except that they will be diabetics.
Oh and I love the fact he has a camera on the frame of his glasses so that he can write 11/2 tickets a day. What a wasteful argument.
You sir are a F*cktard. Look it up.
Local Boy

Marshfield, MO

#20 Jun 26, 2013
Reeds wrote:
I am also a business owner here and I have asked these kids to not be on my property, if they get hurt I don't need to be sued! There words to me was [email protected] off lady!! Good kids ya right!!!
Well at the minimum they could tell you were a woman, most of the time it's hard to tell.
Local Boy

Marshfield, MO

#21 Jun 26, 2013
local old man wrote:
I have been in this town for a long time and if you would use your head and your ears instead of your mouth you would know most of the trouble in town is all drug related. All the RS cops are trying to do is clean up the town and make a good place to live. If you don't like the area go back to where you came from. I have observed LACKY at different times and have not seen any thing wrong. Why don't you ask for a ride along and you can see for your self until keep your mouth shut.
You hit the nail! Drug dealers not kids looking for something to do. Pretty easy to see the difference.
Nope won't stay quiet Mr. Lackey!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life & Times Of A Mis-Treated Wal Mart Cart Pusher (Jan '08) Jan 13 GHNS 121
Life & Times of a Mis-Treated Wal Mart Cart Pusher (Aug '08) Jan 12 AnonMoose 32
Jen Shirley Jan 9 Someone who knows 2
Shane Hicks-my name.LUC BOYS RANCH- joke (Feb '13) Jan 6 heatherhicks 107
What is your favorite car to drive of all time? Jan 5 VRichHanson 1
Arrest of Gladys Gege Laflam Egan (Dec '13) Jan 4 Jed Clampett 17
BODY ATTACHMENTS-What does this mean? (Nov '12) Jan 2 VERYFUKNAGRYWHITMAN 40

Kimberling City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages