Summerwinds Resort Branson Mo

Posted in the Kimberling City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
help

Kennett, MO

#1 May 4, 2013
These people are taking advantage of innocent people and ripping them off. They will lie to you and tell you anything to get you to buy a timeshare. Please do not fall for their false sales tactics like we did. They need to be stop. If you have been a victim of there lies please come forward and help put a stop to this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Ridgedale, MO

#2 May 4, 2013
Just say no. Problem solved.
help

Kennett, MO

#3 May 6, 2013
We try saying no they kept pressuring us and all we wanted to do was get out there and go home so we gave in. Not only that they lie and made it sound real good when it was all just lies.
wow

United States

#4 May 6, 2013
Your so dumb.. So if someone holds you by a bridge and says jump for 2 hours are you gonna jump to? You sound like a idiot! Go on vacation and shut up!!!

Ridgedale, MO

#5 May 7, 2013
Were your legs broken? Did they have you chained to the wall?

Come on. This is a free country. All you had to do was tell them you were not interested, then get up and walk out.

You made a bad decision. Take responsibility for your own action. Learn from it and move on.

Since: Oct 12

Branson, MO

#6 May 11, 2013
What a moron. The state of Missouri requires that they give you a three day rescission period just of that reason; getting pressured. They can't make you buy anything unless you are weak minded simpleton. Summerwinds is actually the most reputable Timeshare outfit in Branson and frankly a really cool set up right on Tablerock lake.
Pirate

United States

#7 May 13, 2013
Hank Lucky wrote:
What a moron. The state of Missouri requires that they give you a three day rescission period just of that reason; getting pressured. They can't make you buy anything unless you are weak minded simpleton. Summerwinds is actually the most reputable Timeshare outfit in Branson and frankly a really cool set up right on Tablerock lake.
Ok now, lets don't go overboard here! I agree that Summerwinds is nice set-up on Tablerock but I wouldn't say most reputable one. They all want your money and really don't care. They want the numbers sold and the profit in their pockets. Timeshares are very nice for some ........some just cant afford the cost.

They PRESSURE people to buy and keep the pressure on them.
If you have a problems, contact better business's bureau !

Since: Oct 12

Branson, MO

#8 May 13, 2013
Yes Pirate, very typical. It's always someone else's fault. They pressured me!! God lord, grow a spine. The contract by state law provides 3 days for you to back out for no reason at all. If they can't afford the cost, why do they agree?
Just15514saying- -

Ringgold, LA

#9 Dec 20, 2013
We were definitely scammed. We were talked into trading our current resort to buy Stormy Point and signed a contract for their sell our timeshare located in Mesa, Arizona. We were told it would be sold in 6 months to 1 year and we agreed it would be okay. It has now been two years and have not heard a word about selling our other resort to help pay for the Stormy Point Village one. We are currently paying $176 plus dollars per month for Stormy Point. Our other resort in Mesa is paid for, but we still have to pay maintenance fees on it as well as Stormy Point. We did not need two resorts and never would have done this if not pressured into it by "Miss Sandra Dee"....little country talking gal....we were there for only a 90 minute required stay, but everytime we tried to leave, they said we would have to wait until the bus came to take us to see Stormy Point Village...therefore we were there for about 5 or 6 hours which in that time, they continually pressured us to buy. Miss "Sandra Dee" told us that we didn't even have to pay the maintenance fee...said when we get the bill, it would come with a little card and if we didn't want to use the resort, we could simply return the little card and pay no fee at all. GUESS WHAT!!! Oh, you can already guess, we got out bill for $438 plus maintenance fee and I called to let them know we didn't get that little card and there is no such thing as a little card. I was told we can let them rent it out for a fee of 40% on their part and us get 60%, but that it was too late to rent out for the year of 2014, so we would have to wait until 2016 and call them in March that year to get them to rent it out for 2017. We called Mr. Ed Magee who is the broker who was supposed to sell our Mesa resort and was supposed to have sold it in the period of 6 months to 1 year of our purchase of Stormy Point. 2 years later.....not sold. He did answer the phone, told us he is out of the office, but will call us within the hour to discuss our problem with him. Still waiting on that phone call. WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED!!!!!!!!!!
Alice Chapman

Torrance, CA

#10 Apr 10, 2014
Most timeshare companies are taking advantage of people, often those who are more vulnerable and less able to resist hard sales tactics. I have heard of many cases where maintenance costs rise well above inflation. It would appear the timeshare companies lock people into contracts and then drive up their profits though increased maintenance charges. It would be good to see legislation whereby timeshare companies can only charge "reasonable" maintenance costs and not use this annual fee to fleece people's bank accounts. PS - I do not own a timeshare, never have and never will unless legislation is introduced to protect buyers.

http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/115-timesha...
big gay al

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2014
Scam artists Summer Winds they are terrible no candy coating it. Just don't say yes and sign anything that is a retarded mistake. That is exactly how they are funding and building the Stormy Point with your money. Please don't fall prey to this scam you'll never get to use it and you do it will probably be 5° outside when nobody wants to. Did Summer Winds pull out the 1950s holiday inn price inflation chart on you? Lol that was funny as hell to me, yeah a loaf bread was 2¢ too.

Since: Aug 14

Branson, MO

#12 Aug 15, 2014
We actually really enjoyed Summer Winds! It was beautiful. It's probably like any other resort though and has problems.
When we stayed we used http://www.bransoninfo.org/ #!resorts-in-branson-mo/cq31 for coupons for lodging. You just have to browse through but you'll find coupons for resorts and condos and sometimes log cabins if you're lucky.
mom2mykids

Hale, MO

#13 Aug 23, 2014
Summerwinds is a scam. Our crappy hotel had no hot water 2 days of our stay. The 90 minute presentation was almost 4 hours. The 2 nights lodging you receive is a joke. Avoid timeshare presentations. They are a terrible waste of time.
destia62

United States

#14 Dec 3, 2014
Hank Lucky wrote:
you must work for this company because you people seem to be the only people who know of the three day cancellation period. No cancellation period is ever explained. Thats false representation and failure to disclose. They are cheats and liars
destia62

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2014
They are scam artists, theifs, liars and all bad people. Hopefully people will read the reviews on this place before buying. I didn't buy but the tactics they use to pressure pressure PRESSURE you to buy is enormous.!!!! If you listen enough people who are liars always hang themselves
charlesnmo

Lees Summit, MO

#16 Mar 9, 2015
yes they do have a 3 day cancelation-only problem is they tell you that you can not try it for 30 days. by that time the 3 day is over. i agree hank lucky must work for them. it says branson right os his username. and i would much prefer to stay at grand crown. we were told about all the getaways. we have been trying to book since nov still no available
summerwindssucks

Purcell, OK

#17 Mar 21, 2015
Its been 4 years and I'm still pissed off...
Indiana guest

Marshfield, MO

#18 Jun 15, 2015
I wasn't ever told about a 90 minute presentation...I sat past 90 minutes and my family was waiting on me...leaving the building isn't a presentation! I left without my free tickets and they wouldn't refund my money!!! What bad customer service! The customer is always right and no means no!!!

Shawnee, OK

#19 Jul 21, 2015
Hank Lucky wrote:
Obvious employ of summerwind
laughing

Toronto, Canada

#20 Dec 2, 2015
Hank Lucky wrote:
Summerwinds is just as reputable as the rest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baseball America Ball Park 10 hr Curious 1
Where is the ghetto in Branson Missouri? (Jan '13) Feb 24 qwerty 11
Steal Your Dollar City treats employees like CRAP (May '10) Feb 19 jljwonder 21
Looking for Mike Vandergriff Feb 17 First Love 1
I haul LIQUID CHICKEN all over America based-O... (Feb '12) Feb 9 Callja 20
Who is the best Tattoo Shop/ Tattoo artist in B... (May '10) Feb 8 Tattood head to toe 77
Jim Bakker is a phoney baloney,obnoxious creature (Jan '11) Feb 8 The observer 71

Kimberling City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages