Lie and Keep Lying
Lie and Keep Lying

Reeds Spring, MO

#1 Feb 17, 2013
Lie and Keep Lying
Strafford, MO

I knew a couple that were married 51 years. When asked how they kept it together all that time the woman looked at the man and grinned as he answered, "Lie... and KEEP lying."

While it made everyone around laugh; the woman followed it up quickly, "And hide the grin when you know the rat is lying."
This rocked the crowd with laughter again and when it all settled down, the couple got serious and finally responded accordingly. The following are just a few of their responses:

"You have to ask yourself what's important each and every day. And I don't just mean 'is my marriage important' because the answer is always going to be yes in the ideal situation. But you have to remember that you married your best friend in the whole world and, even if your marriage isn't perfect, you have to ask yourself if you're up to losing your best friend."

"Sure I've been unfaithful. I've lied. I've stayed out all night and I drank too much at the Christmas party. But after I came home and I had to look her in the eyes and see that hurt well up inside those big beautiful eyes, my God, I can't tell you the years I lost in that one moment of time. And I knew that I didn't hurt just my wife. I hurt my best friend, my pal, my fishing buddy, my poker partner, the mother of my children, my everything just because of one stupid fight and a slew of cross words at each other. And I never did it again." He reached over and took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"And it was hard to forgive him. But I did. And I had to remember that this was my husband, my best friend,'my guy', the father of my children and the man I love.

But at the end of the day he isn't going to be perfect. He's going to be human and do some pretty stupid things because I am human and I am going to do some pretty stupid things.

And I hope always that he can forgive me for the things that I do. But in order for him to forgive me; I have to be willing to forgive him too. But if he loves me and if I love him; I have to ask myself 'what's really important here?'

Is it me being able to have an excuse to walk away from him and it all? Or is it going to be me showing him that we're in this together and we're going to keep being in this together? And then you have to choose. But whatever path you choose, there you are. And choose wisely because you both have to live with it."

"Too many young people think a relationship guarantees security. They bring a mob mentality to it where they think they've got fidelity, security, trust, perfection and all that coming together as a mob that surrounds them now so they are going to be able to conquer it all and come out completely unscathed.

Then one slips and makes a mistake or the other one slips. And neither can forgive because they focus on the hurt instead of the want to get through the hurt. They feel betrayed by the mob they thought they were getting. Kind of like being shot if you're standing behind bullet proof glass."

"It's not about how often you fall down. It's about who is going to be there to pick you up. And when you're my age, you've had a lot of chances to fall down."

Lie and Keep Lying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forum that provides objective information witho... (Nov '09) 8 hr nomenotyou 12
I haul LIQUID CHICKEN all over America based-O... (Feb '12) 14 hr desertrose58 17
Looking for a house (Feb '15) Fri desertrose58 2
What to do in Branson? Thu Now_What- 2
best places to eat Oct 18 guest 1
The Biography of Jim Bakker-Blue Eye Mo (Jan '11) Oct 15 John collings 7
Child custody attorney (Jan '12) Oct 13 Worried family 23

Kimberling City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages