Expand Branson West-Kimberling City r...

Expand Branson West-Kimberling City road to 4 lanes, MoDOT urged

There are 8 comments on the Springfield News Leader story from Jun 15, 2006, titled Expand Branson West-Kimberling City road to 4 lanes, MoDOT urged. In it, Springfield News Leader reports that:

Traffic between Branson West and Kimberling City is so bad that a Stone County commissioner begged the state Wednesday to do something about it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Springfield News Leader.

Chuck Stone

Dothan, AL

#1 Jun 15, 2006
I agree we need traffic relief between Branson West and kimberling city!
Betty Kowalewich

United States

#2 Jun 30, 2006
when I was Kimberling City mayor some 6 years ago...I begged and pleaded MODOT to extend the Branson W/Kimberling City Highway 13 to 4 lanes...and I would have settled for 3 lanes...
When it taks a half hour to 45 minutes to go 7 miles...a drastic change is called for !
ShadowDancer

Columbia, MO

#3 Aug 19, 2006
I forsee Branson West becoming Branson, and Reeds Spring becoming Branson West .
I originate from a small town out of Branson by 10 minutes...it was always a one-horse town, tucked away in the hills, etc.
But you go there now and you see bits of Branson CRAP everywhere....big billboards, businesses springing up all over, and small mom-and-pop places that have been there since I was born being bought out by FRANCHISES and FAST FOOD CHAINS.
And it disgusts me.

ps. what about SDC traffic? Does anyone agree with me that they should make a seperate road JUST for Silver Dollar City traffic?

Columbia, MO

#4 Aug 20, 2006
i am a newcomer here and from what I have been told they did make a road just for silver dollar city traffic = The new express way - 265
Life is adapting-changin g

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 31, 2006
Remember the purpose in all this, keep thinking positive.
back from the past

Ozark, MO

#6 Feb 19, 2014
I figure I'd bring this back to life now that we have this road. Only problem is we got no traffic at all, as in tourist & travelers. You know, those folks who support our economy. Where did all the traffic go? They sure ain't coming to Kim city. I know its winter now, but last summer was fairly slow for most business.
Kevin Kostner

Tulsa, OK

#7 Feb 20, 2014
back from the past wrote:
I figure I'd bring this back to life now that we have this road. Only problem is we got no traffic at all, as in tourist & travelers. You know, those folks who support our economy. Where did all the traffic go? They sure ain't coming to Kim city. I know its winter now, but last summer was fairly slow for most business.
I guess it's not the field of dreams(build it and they will come)
Stacie

Omaha, NE

#8 Mar 18, 2015
I was down there a couple of years ago and they did some serious road work in Kimberling City. It looked nice! I am excited to look at real estate next month and hopefully find some place to call Home!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child custody attorney (Jan '12) 23 hr Father in Need 21
BODY ATTACHMENTS-What does this mean? (Nov '12) Mon grave digger 30
Kennrth Copeland Gave Keith Moore Jet Airplane (Mar '08) Mon gktwo 131
H Hwy Mon Searching 1
Branson Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun 26 Musikologist 13
Need your help locals---- hotels with pools out... Jun 25 Lhill 3
what has happened to Branson?? (Jun '14) Jun 25 escapee from branson 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kimberling City Mortgages