First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Johnny Cash Fan

Galena, MO

#21 Jan 10, 2012
Thanks Heather GOD bless you like HE did Johnny Cash

Hey Heather, do you remember when Ronald Reagan was President?
Back then,
GOD gave us BOB HOPE & Johnny Cash--- during those unforgettable years.

Then along came Satan and then he gave us Osama Obama!
Now things have gone to hell in a handbasket!

Now we don't have any HOPE and we don't have any Cash!
(except www.JohnCarterCash.com & Laura Cash, his wife) and Johnny's brother....( www.TommyCash.com )

But we got BOB WOOTTON !

Heather, may the middle finger of Johnny Cash be with you always!
I got a life size pic of Johnny holding his middle finger up to a guard in SAN QUENTIN PRISON.
Heather wrote:
Hey! For any of you Bob W-O-O-T-T-O-N fans out there, he is touring in MN again;
Friday January 13 at the Cabooze in Minneapolis for the annual "Cash Only" show, and Saturday January 14 at the Olde Pine Theater in Pine Island MN.
In addition, he will be playing multiple shows in the midwest in the month of February:
2/09-2/12 La Crosse, WI Convention Center
2/13 Wabasha, MN Broadway Theater Americana Showcase
2/14 Rochester, MN Rochester Civic Theater Americana Showcase
2/15-2/19 Duluth, MN Convention Center
You can find more information at www.sixmilegrove.com
Thanks Heather for the info about Bob's next whows with SIX MILE GROVE BAND.
Mike Torrence

Oklahoma City, OK

#22 Mar 19, 2012
I find so much crap in these articles it isnt even funny. Luther and Carl were not brothers. Luther did not "get killed in a house fire" He was burned and died days later in a hospital. Bob did go on with John unrehearsed. He auditioned for the job and was hired for 6 months. He had to sit in the audience and watch 10-12 shows before John would let him on stage. There is no way John or any other entertainer would let someone back them up and not know their abilities. As far as Bob, I have known him personally, as I have the rest of the band, since 1970. I can tell you Bobe never fit in. He was a rude, arrogant, self centered egotist that thought he was Johns savior. He was not. He was never liked by the rest of the group. He was eventuall fired from the group in 1990 or so. He was canned because of the way he treated Anita since their divorce several years earlier. He could not let things go. He also had a habit of being unreliable and chasing women while on tour. True he had some good qualities as a guitar picker but one must realize that the style Luther created was very simple. If not why do you think Bob was unable to get another picking job when he was fired from Cash. Bob talks now of how much he misses John and how close they were. That is a lot of bullshit. The things Bob said about John after being fired were awful. As far as being so close to John, thats bullshit too. John was closest to his manager, Johnny Western, Tommy Cash and a few other inner circle friends. Bob is on tour now, not to promote the memory of John, but to make a living. He is almost broke and struggling so bad financially. He would declare bankruptcy but he already has 2 times.
Bob is a nice guy but he no legend and he certainly was not Johns savior. Had Bob not been at the "right place" someone else would have been right in line.
Tom ruopp

United States

#23 Apr 9, 2012
Bob is great, but I know one person that should have been john's guitar player and that's the one and only Dan swartslander from desmoines Iowa... A walking talking Johnny cash encyclopedia...!
Todd

AOL

#24 Nov 14, 2012
Bob was there for Johns first million seller.
Pete Anderson

Aurora, IL

#25 Jan 30, 2013
Luther was, without a doubt, the guitar genius that defined the sound behind Johnny Cash. It was Luthers simple yet widely recognized sound is what projected John's career into what it became. Bob was a good musician, no doubt, but he did not "invent" the sound, he did not "perfect" the sound, he simply made an attempt to replicate it. With very few exceptions Johns big hits were all with Luther.
I feel very sorry for Bob for the situation he is in today. He copped an attitude with fellow musicians and fans to the point he can't get the tours he used to. Few will book him and few want to go see his lame tribute. As far as his singing ability, he sounds no more like Cash than any one of a thousand Cash wannabes. Bob is sleeping in a tough bed, but he made it.
Pete Anderson

Aurora, IL

#26 Jan 30, 2013
Hey Mike Torrence, I wish I had read your post before I posted. It looks like you already said what I was thinking. You said it all very well. You are right that Bob was NOT his closest friend. I too have known Bob since the early 70's. When he was fired it was unbelievable what he said about John. That may be the reason that during that time not one of the members of the entire group would have anything to do with him. I can't help but like Bob, but he is as full of shit as a Christmas goose.
By the way, I didn't know he did the bankruptcy twice, I only knew of the one back in 1999 or so.
Me again

Plover, WI

#27 Feb 2, 2013
I can't believe the people that are so close to Wootton but can't spell his name.
John

United States

#28 Jul 1, 2013
Though fate may have played a role in Bob Wootton's introduction to Johnny Cash, it was Bob Wootton's talents as a guitar player that impressed Johnny Cash sufficiently to literally keep Mr. Wootton by his side for the rest of his life. Johnny Cash's life was filled with examples of divine intervention. It's a beautiful thing that the Country Music umbrella is large enough for everyone. Bob Wootton was good enough for Johnny and Anita. That's all that matters to me. Hello Bob Wootton.
Todd

AOL

#29 Aug 21, 2013
Bob is still out there.And I think that is great.All you un educated doubters guess who played on Johns first million seller?Bob Wooten! Tv show ?Bob Wooten!TV show? Bob Wooten!Johns time filling arenas?Bob Wooten!Stop buying Nashvilles con job storys ignoring Bob.He was just as important as Luther ,Fluke n Marshall if not more so.
Ian McIntyre Scotland

Glasgow, UK

#30 Mar 4, 2014
Saw bob at Ayr racecourse , fabulous. Please come back to scotland soon
Ian McIntyre Scotland

Glasgow, UK

#31 Mar 4, 2014
Saw bob at Ayr racecourse he was fabulous. Please come back to scotland soon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kimberling City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Branson VA Clinic - Lawrence Allen MD (Nov '10) 2 hr dth 39
Sarah Underwood Sentenced today in Springfield 3 hr THE BOSS 36
TV Review: 'Branson Famous' 23 hr Flowerlady 23
Corruption at ALL levels of Taney County (May '12) Mar 4 Ozarky 14
#2-My Girlfriend let her sister Pee on Me (Apr '13) Mar 4 dave 2
Centurylink Mar 3 dude they r pitiful 1
Man Arrested For Stranglling 6-year-old Girl In... Feb 28 good mommy 2
Kimberling City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web