Two Haddam Schools In Lockdown As Pol...

Two Haddam Schools In Lockdown As Police Search For Robbery Sus...

There are 25 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 21, 2008, titled Two Haddam Schools In Lockdown As Police Search For Robbery Sus.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

State police are investigating an attempted armed robbery at a Haddam bank that prompted school officials to lock down two local schools Wednesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Barbara

United States

#1 May 21, 2008
Well, I never got an alert from the system, still waiting to find out about my child and my nephew....it's 5:00 and no word yet. I'm at work and found out from my sister who's in NORTH CAROLINA. Great system, plus no one is answering the phones at the school. Great to see my tax dollars working so well.
Another concerned parent

Rocky Hill, CT

#2 May 21, 2008
I agree - I get Instant Alerts to remind me of school concerts but not when the school is locked down!
Higganum parent

East Sandwich, MA

#3 May 21, 2008
Don't be ridiculous. All parents got alerts, emails etc. We got 4 calls from the alert today. If you saw how well streamlined it was today, you would take back your words.
the Badger

United States

#4 May 21, 2008
Does anyone know why the police requested ambulances? I heard that on the scanner. Also, did something happen at Tonys Packie? I drove by and they had the crime tape all around his place. This is scarry. Desparate people do desparate things.
FUDD

United States

#5 May 21, 2008
more white trash commiting crimes..........proof whites are as devious as non whites..........
wrong fudd

East Sandwich, MA

#6 May 21, 2008
whites only commit 10% of crimes.
Todd

Plainville, CT

#7 May 21, 2008
the Badger wrote:
Does anyone know why the police requested ambulances? I heard that on the scanner. Also, did something happen at Tonys Packie? I drove by and they had the crime tape all around his place. This is scarry. Desparate people do desparate things.
Sure the ambulance request is easy, IN CASE THEY HAD TO SHOOT HIS LOOSER SELF.
SISSY

East Sandwich, MA

#8 May 21, 2008
FUDD wrote:
more white trash commiting crimes..........proof whites are as devious as non whites..........
WHOA ! Slow down. Stop and think. Did you ever stop to think that maybe this white person's behavior was influenced by socializing with the Negro race ? If investigated, I'm sure that the blame can be put on the Negro for corrupting whites when whites go bad. The Negro is constantly on the news for criminal activities and this is setting a bad example for good whites and corrupting the good whites. The news about criminal Negroes is putting bad ideas into the heads of some whites that are too emotionally weak to resist the corrupting affect of the influencing criminal Negro -- Be it by socializing or watching television. I'd like to see responses from everybody. However, unfortunately, this won't stay posted for long under the Courant's policy of forbidding freedom of speech that isn't liberally "politically correct", to use a cliche.
FROM ME

East Sandwich, MA

#9 May 21, 2008
SISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
WHOA ! Slow down. Stop and think. Did you ever stop to think that maybe this white person's behavior was influenced by socializing with the Negro race ? If investigated, I'm sure that the blame can be put on the Negro for corrupting whites when whites go bad. The Negro is constantly on the news for criminal activities and this is setting a bad example for good whites and corrupting the good whites. The news about criminal Negroes is putting bad ideas into the heads of some whites that are too emotionally weak to resist the corrupting affect of the influencing criminal Negro -- Be it by socializing or watching television. I'd like to see responses from everybody. However, unfortunately, this won't stay posted for long under the Courant's policy of forbidding freedom of speech that isn't liberally "politically correct", to use a cliche.
This is very interesting commentary. Sissy, I praise your courage in publishing it. It takes courage to tell the truth as you do. It takes even more courage to deny the hypocritical Courant and their policy of denying freedom of speech to those that the Courant doesn't like.
Scott

Niles, MI

#10 May 21, 2008
Did they catch the guy that caused the East Haddam school lockdown last week?
Scott

Niles, MI

#11 May 21, 2008
FROM ME wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very interesting commentary. Sissy, I praise your courage in publishing it. It takes courage to tell the truth as you do. It takes even more courage to deny the hypocritical Courant and their policy of denying freedom of speech to those that the Courant doesn't like.
LOL...replying to yourself again, I see.
wrong fudd

East Sandwich, MA

#12 May 21, 2008
SISSY wrote:
<quoted text>
good commentary and it's the truth.
G O from Portland

Broad Brook, CT

#13 May 21, 2008
Glad the state police had the gas to get there.
the Badger

United States

#14 May 21, 2008
Yes, it was Nick Bauer.
Scott wrote:
Did they catch the guy that caused the East Haddam school lockdown last week?
Clueless

Prospect, CT

#15 May 21, 2008
C'mon Sissy! Each individual is responsible for his own behavior. Drugs, theft, murder--it's a choice. People know right from wrong, if they're THAT weak-minded, they belong in an institution.
FUDD

United States

#16 May 21, 2008
send white trash back to europe...ireland,italy, russia, poland....................
FUDD

United States

#17 May 21, 2008
Clueless wrote:
C'mon Sissy! Each individual is responsible for his own behavior. Drugs, theft, murder--it's a choice. People know right from wrong, if they're THAT weak-minded, they belong in an institution.
true ! a white man cant blame the black man for his devious behavior.....
ricbee

Shelton, CT

#18 May 21, 2008
Clueless wrote:
There's no "institutions" left. He's probably in a "group home" around the corner from you. Another state secret from us taxpayers.
Parent

Branford, CT

#19 May 21, 2008
No, as I said I got NO alerts, no emails, no texts. Who's ridiculous?
Caveman

Cheshire, CT

#21 May 21, 2008
nice job State Police....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Killingworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang Stalking In Guilford CT (Apr '15) Jun 23 Onthelist 7
Review: Bridgepoint Mortgage LLC (Mar '15) May '16 SO TRUE 5
News State Looking Into Complaints About Essex Business (Jun '08) May '16 Consumer Advocate 44
News On Wet Road, `Officer Down' (Apr '07) Apr '16 get it Right 21
News Shoreline Town Balks At Possible New Amtrak Line Apr '16 Foamer King 6
News Charter Schools Continue To Suspend Students At... Apr '16 America Gentleman... 1
News Riz' Blog Review: How to Succeed in Business" a... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Ding92 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Killingworth Mortgages