Propane Gas Sales Practices Will Get ...

Propane Gas Sales Practices Will Get Close Scrutiny

There are 9 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Propane Gas Sales Practices Will Get Close Scrutiny. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

As we start the third year of the Watchdog column, one issue that you can be assured we will be investigating closely involves the sale of propane gas in Connecticut and throughout the U.S. In two columns last ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

greg

Oakdale, CT

#6 Jan 11, 2009
Interesting.....
greg

Oakdale, CT

#7 Jan 11, 2009
that three comments by three different posters that were well thought out and opposed to the Dog on various issues have been deleted after being posted for about a week now.
None of the posts merited anything in them that deserved the moderators removing them.
sad and yet funny

Danbury, CT

#8 Jan 11, 2009
yes they did... they disagreed w/George. George wants people to see things his way only...Those that disagree with him are nuts.

Point of interest,didn't Perez have this same problem? Didn't Perez take issue with the Courant printing the neg. stories about Hartford? Now it seems that the "dog" is having the same kinds of issues.

As fake as a 3 dollar bill. George only goes after the stores that involve the least amount of work.

Oh, and George, I see your going after the propane industry, sure there is no revenge in writing those stories for all the true objective comments that were posted against you story?
greg

Oakdale, CT

#9 Jan 11, 2009
"Our membership read in horror the advice Watchdog columnist George Gombossy has given to propane consumers in Connecticut [Nov. 23, "Propane Problems: Turning Up Heat"]:

"If you use a small amount of propane, think about buying your own tank; then you can have anyone fill it. I checked Thursday at the Enfield Home Depot, and 100-pound tanks (which hold about 25 gallons) sell for $129. Or buy a 40-pound tank and, with a friend, take it to a propane dealer and fill it yourself for some real savings."

Encouraging consumers to connect and reconnect their own propane gas connections is reckless advice. More significantly, untrained or unlicensed consumers (or anyone who is not properly qualified to do so in Connecticut) performing work on a propane system could potentially cause serious personal injury, property damage and loss of life.

The activity encouraged by Mr. Gombossy is not the same as a consumer connecting an outdoor gas grill. Nor does Mr. Gombossy offer any Department of Transportation advice for transporting the type of cylinders he has encouraged readers to purchase.

Making connections to a consumer system is much different and requires special consideration of inside gas appliance controls that could fail after a system interruption. Consumer meddling with gas-fired equipment and propane storage and distribution systems is the single greatest cause of propane accidents nationwide.

Mr. Gombossy's advice encourages reckless and dangerous intervention with a safe consumer storage and pressure delivery system. Furthermore, it ignores a collateral code requirement that a propane gas system must be leak-checked after every interruption in service, as well as the need to safely relight gas pilot flames.

Joseph U. Rose, President, Propane Gas Association of New England, Moultonboro, N.H. "
sad and yet funny

Danbury, CT

#13 Jan 12, 2009
Look out!! Here come Georges relatives... He must be crying the song "Nobody loves me" Blues.

Right, writers to the forum have the ability to erase others posts.

Buzz words for you--clean and sober!!!
WH Res

Manchester, CT

#15 Jan 12, 2009
Colon McEnroe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I knew those labels were going to be put on my post.
Just laugh it off......they ARE a fun bunch aren't they????
Bill

Newington, CT

#20 Jan 12, 2009
Connecticut December wholesale propane price was about 82 cents per gallon. January 5th residential price was $2.578. How much are you being charged per gallon???????
Jeb

Newington, CT

#24 Jan 13, 2009
Can I light the pilot on my fireplace without Greg present? I might blow myself up.....
Dave

Newington, CT

#26 Jan 14, 2009
There is no way to check authentic Propane gas prices online which I may not be aware of. When we call gas company, they give rate and we have to accept it. The upper gas prices to be controlled. Once locked the rate, even if the gas price drop, you do not get new dropped price. There must be some way to offer fair price to customers. CNG keeps sending to fill out form to ask for Natural Gas in our area, I sent 4 times that I am interested in getting NG but no reply or called but no response. 1/4 mile from my house, the other houses has NG line. Do not understand how this works!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Killingworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Autism Not A Barrier To 16-Year-Old Trinity Fre... Sep '16 RICK 77 1
News Shoreline Town Balks At Possible New Amtrak Line (Feb '16) Sep '16 Samuels Furnace Man 7
News Young Children Still Suspended In High Numbers ... Aug '16 BPT 12
News Sunrise Resort In Moodus To Close (Aug '08) Aug '16 Boater1979 76
News Hartford Police Arrest Immigration Protestors B... Jun '16 tomin cali 4
Gang Stalking In Guilford CT (Apr '15) Jun '16 Onthelist 7
Review: Bridgepoint Mortgage LLC (Mar '15) May '16 SO TRUE 5

Killingworth Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Killingworth Mortgages