Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23265 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12166 Jun 29, 2012
revolution time wrote:
You tell me how they are gonna control keeping illegals from getting free healthcare? They already get it and the taxpayer pays for it. They can't even stop the illegals from voting, you think they can control health care? All the millions of illegals Obama has just given amnesty to will be able to be covered. If you believe the government can be trusted to run health care and not be corrupt you are a fool!
go to the er and tell them you are broke.you whining little bitch.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#12167 Jun 29, 2012
here wrote:
Are you ready for the mark of the beast? In this case a chip that the government will forcibly place in your body so they can have all your identifiers and any health issues you may have. Be good sheeple and follow and don't question anything like you've been doing. Yes sheeple you will take it. You've let the government run over you for generations now letting them slowly take your liberty. It happened for so long now you don't even realize it.
If you bothered to read Revelation you would know there will be those who refuse the mark of the Beast.
Okay

Corpus Christi, TX

#12168 Jun 29, 2012
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately there ARE people fighting FOR our Rights that Obama most assuredly already would have taken away were it not for their efforts.
Then get the F over it. There are a bunch of people who would eliminate guns it was in their power, and I don't think "Obama" is one of them. You act as if "Obama" is the sole man in this country with all the power and he controls everything. You forget about Congress, and the powers they hold. No one is taking away your G-damn guns. WTF is wrong with you people?? In fact, gun control laws have been more relaxed since Obama's presidency, not because he single-handedly made them so, but because Congress passed bills that he signed into law.

So get a grip.

Fear mongers like yourself will say anything to scare the dim-witted.
John K

Waco, TX

#12170 Jun 29, 2012
lupe wrote:
Tank you my grate Obama for your helth care Iam poor mexican from Mexico I ben in shado this cuntry for lone times it time that America pay backe whot they oes to mexicanos he given me amesty and now fre helth care I tell al Mira person in Mexico to com an get free!
ha,ha,ha,ha! You definitively not a Mexican nor Latino, and I bet your name is not lupe.
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#12171 Jun 29, 2012
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately there ARE people fighting FOR our Rights that Obama most assuredly already would have taken away were it not for their efforts.
When we talk about the violence that has left nearly 50,000 dead in Mexico over the past five years, we usually focus on Mexico’s Sinaloa cartel, or the Juárez cartel, but it may be time to include the U.S. National Rifle Association cartel.
Granted, the 4.3 million-member NRA — the most powerful pro-gun rights lobbying group in Washington — is not in the drug trafficking business.
But judging from what Mexican President Felipe Calderón said earlier this week during a joint news conference with President Barack Obama in Washington, and from what U.S. gun control groups state, the NRA and other U.S. gun owners’ rights organizations have a huge tacit responsibility in the bloodshed that is taking place in Mexico.
The NRA and other gun lobby groups consistently block efforts to restrict the massive sale of high-power assault weapons across the border, which end up in the cartels’ hands, they say. In particular, Calderón cited the gun lobby-supported U.S. decision to lift a ban on assault weapons that expired in 2004. Calderón said he spent much of the time during his meeting with Obama on Monday urging him to seek a restoration of the ban.
“It’s been shown that when there is an excessive, quick availability of weapons in any given society, there is an increase in violence,” Calderón said at the joint news conference after their meeting.“The expiration of the assault weapons ban in the year 2004 coincided almost exactly with the beginning of the harshest period of violence we’ve ever seen.
“During my government, we have seized over 140,000 weapons in four years. And I think that the vast majority have been assault weapons, AK-57s, etc. And many, the vast majority of these weapons, were sold in gun shops in the United States,” Calderón said, adding that there are an estimated 8,000 gun shops along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Calderón did not mention the NRA by name, but leading Mexican activists are pointing at it as one of the main obstacles to reducing the mass killings in their country.
Why is Holder protecting the NRA by refusing to turn over documents? When we talk about the violence that has left nearly 50,000 dead in Mexico over the past five years, we usually focus on Mexico’s Sinaloa cartel, or the Juárez cartel, but it may be time to include the U.S. National Rifle Association cartel.
Granted, the 4.3 million-member NRA — the most powerful pro-gun rights lobbying group in Washington — is not in the drug trafficking business.
But judging from what Mexican President Felipe Calderón said earlier this week during a joint news conference with President Barack Obama in Washington, and from what U.S. gun control groups state, the NRA and other U.S. gun owners’ rights organizations have a huge tacit responsibility in the bloodshed that is taking place in Mexico.
The NRA and other gun lobby groups consistently block efforts to restrict the massive sale of high-power assault weapons across the border, which end up in the cartels’ hands, they say.“During my government, we have seized over 140,000 weapons in four years. And I think that the vast majority have been assault weapons, AK-57s, etc. And many, the vast majority of these weapons, were sold in gun shops in the United States,” Calderón said, adding that there are an estimated 8,000 gun shops along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Calderón did not mention the NRA by name, but leading Mexican activists are pointing at it as one of the main obstacles to reducing the mass killings in their country.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#12172 Jun 29, 2012
John K wrote:
<quoted text>
ha,ha,ha,ha! You definitively not a Mexican nor Latino, and I bet your name is not lupe.
I think Lupe is really Billy Bob from Beeville.
eagle

Dallas, TX

#12173 Jun 29, 2012
And those that don't receive the mark of the beast will not be able to buy or sell. So if you can't buy or sell how are you going to survive? Illness and hunger will force many to receive it. Once you receive it you cannot enter the kingdom of God. Only those that have strong faith and don't receive it will suffer on this earth but God will receive them in heaven and the ones that do receive the mark of the beast will burn in eternal Hell.
liar

Dallas, TX

#12174 Jun 29, 2012
You should be blaming the federal government
and Eric Holder for his part in supplying weapons to Mexico. You know, the one congress held in contempt and is part of the Obama regime.
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#12175 Jun 29, 2012
When we talk about the violence that has left nearly 50,000 dead in Mexico over the past five years, we usually focus on Mexico’s Sinaloa cartel, or the Juárez cartel, but it may be time to include the U.S. National Rifle Association cartel.
The NRA and other gun lobby groups consistently block efforts to restrict the massive sale of high-power assault weapons across the border, which end up in the cartels’ hands, they say..........
Two things here rider:
1. The NRA does not " block efforts to restrict the massive sale of high-power assault weapons across the border". Any sale of guns between the US and Mexico would go through the Federal Government and would only be to the Mexico Government. If the Government would simply enforce the laws on the books to control who buys on this side of the border the number of guns going to Mexico would decrease. F&F was a total lack of enforcement of those laws and actual violation of the laws period. I have no problem going through the background check but when a convicted felon can go through the check and get a gun the executive branch of the Federal Government is not doing its job.
2. What is Mexico doing to stop the drugs coming this way that are finacing the Cartels so they can buy the weapons? Their argument is that if drug users in the US would quit using drugs the demand goes down and the flow of drugs from south to north would slow or stop. It is the fault of the US. The Mexico Government was willing for years to turn a blind eye to drug cartels since many in office were bribed and it brough a lot of US dollars back to Mexico. They danced with the devil and lost.
Fine I can use that same logic.
If Mexico would put into law a death penalty for those in the drug trade and enforce it then they would eliminate the buyers of the weapons going north to south. It is the fault of Mexico.
I will carry it one more.
According to Mexico the US treats illegal immigrants bad.
Mexico needs to look at how they treat immigrants (legal or illegal).
This goes way beyond the pot calling the kettle black to a mjor order of magnitude.
U R Anidiot

Fairfield, TX

#12176 Jun 29, 2012
rider wrote:
<quoted text>When we talk about the violence that has left nearly 50,000 dead in Mexico over the past five years,
We don't talk about it. We embrace it. What do you call 50,000 dead in Mexico? A good start! 50,000 less to come to the USA and sponge off our system.

Silly cut & paste idiot

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#12177 Jun 29, 2012
U R Anidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't talk about it. We embrace it. What do you call 50,000 dead in Mexico? A good start! 50,000 less to come to the USA and sponge off our system.
Silly cut & paste idiot
Damn you are a stupid **********
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12178 Jun 29, 2012
U R Anidiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly cut & paste idiot
Well, I see you must of ate a big bowl of Stupid for lunch.

“What is what I say is true?”

Since: Jan 09

What then would you do?

#12179 Jun 29, 2012
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>
Then get the F over it. There are a bunch of people who would eliminate guns it was in their power, and I don't think "Obama" is one of them. You act as if "Obama" is the sole man in this country with all the power and he controls everything. You forget about Congress, and the powers they hold. No one is taking away your G-damn guns. WTF is wrong with you people?? In fact, gun control laws have been more relaxed since Obama's presidency, not because he single-handedly made them so, but because Congress passed bills that he signed into law.
So get a grip.
Fear mongers like yourself will say anything to scare the dim-witted.
Me get a grip?

I think I've had a good grip of what is going on in our Government since 1999 when I quit working with them.

They don't call me Heavy Fed because I'm fat.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

The appearance of power is much more important than actual power.

Obama... or whoever is elected President, besides Ron Paul... they are all on the same team.

They pretend to be fighting each other, kind of like the WWF... but really they only work together to make it look like we have a choice.

www.HeavyFed.com

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#12180 Jun 29, 2012
Heavy Fed....your little buddy Red Dawn had posted a notice about your being arrested for theft...somewhere in LA Port? Anyway I worked for the feds...twenty years...not that it matters...I just pulled down a check while waiting to die..
2012tex

Beaumont, TX

#12181 Jun 29, 2012
Losers wrote:
People who worry about politics are a bunch of losers. All, I mean all politicians are crooks. All you who read this are losers. Enjoy life, don't worry about politics, you losers. Losers!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha losers hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! !!!!!!!
And you are here as well ????
liberty

United States

#12182 Jun 29, 2012
The America we knew is definitely over. Dems and repubs are all in bed together and they pick and choose who is gonna be the next president.They act like they don't get along but they all go out drinking together and whoring. States that are tired of our corrupt government should seriously consider secession.

“What is what I say is true?”

Since: Jan 09

What then would you do?

#12183 Jun 29, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Heavy Fed....your little buddy Red Dawn had posted a notice about your being arrested for theft...somewhere in LA Port? Anyway I worked for the feds...twenty years...not that it matters...I just pulled down a check while waiting to die..
My little buddy Red Dawn is full of crap.

He eats other peoples shit and regurgitates it as fact.
Gov

Houston, TX

#12184 Jun 29, 2012
Guess what?

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#12186 Jun 30, 2012
Gov wrote:
Guess what?
your mom and dad never got married?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#12187 Jun 30, 2012
Gov wrote:
Guess what?
What?. You discovered that your aunt has balls and is in fact your uncle?.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Killeen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) 12 hr The truth 94
News Kempner Water takes treatment plant offline (Jul '10) Aug 26 ranchette 3
Debate: Nuclear Power - Kempner, TX (Apr '11) Aug 26 Kempner resident 3
Jadera Plus (Jan '15) Aug 20 carolyn scott 3
lesbain girl Aug 19 jahnya22 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Killeen Mortgages