Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fo...

Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fort Hood soldiers

There are 296 comments on the KCEN story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fort Hood soldiers. In it, KCEN reports that:

Updated: Oct 5, 2007 7:06pm Fort Hood has ordered soldiers to stay away from a Killeen nightclub for their own safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCEN.

Becky

Kerrville, TX

#196 Nov 5, 2008
I can't believe the God awful stuff people say or the way they word it and say it. first off my hats off to the military personnel that fight for our country.

Regardless of the flaws military enlisted men and women have I'd like everyone of you civilians to pull your head out of the freaking sand and put your self in the middle of war and tell me you can tolerate and survive what these soldiers survive and tolerate and them come back (maybe if God see's fit) for their own country to give them shitty health & medical care for what the war has done to them mentally.

Tell me you can live through war and not the part where you sit on your couch watching thru the TV and cope it is a wonder half the war vets are not on the best drugs money can buy (oh wait one problem they get paid absolutely crap) so they can't afford the good stuff. I am not military but I have a nephew that enlisted when he was 17 years old and did three tours in Iraq. He is now going to college at Texas A&M. I see the nightmares he goes through from what he went thru. OH WAIT YES, IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO SERVE HIS COUNTRY AND YOU DIDN'T ASK HIM TOO...GUESS WHAT IT IS TRASH IN SOCIETY THAT HAS THEIR HEAD THAT BURRIED NOT IN THE SAND BUT IN THEIR A-S THAT TRIGGER A DECENT SOLDIER TO WHIP YOUR BUTT IN A BAR.

Sad thing is the only reason the soldier would give you the time of day instead of walking away from trash talkers is because they get shit on by the enemy and don't deserve it from their own country.

So as far as what the military people do or cause to happen in Killeen. These soldiers are better off with the staying away from the trash hole club anyway.....

Hats off to you SOLDIERS.......
viper

Uvalde, TX

#197 Nov 8, 2008
sooo why do you come to a Texas city topix site if you don't live here is your so boring? As for you being the Boss of the militar I think your a load of crap everyone pays taxes but don't say the shit you do. You probably don't have the balls to sign up for the military, just sit there play your lil video games and shut the hell upLet the real men defend your rights!!!!
Steve Berkshire wrote:
I'm not from Texas. Texas sucks.
thorn

United States

#198 Nov 12, 2008
That place has always been a DUMP.
what

Summit, NJ

#199 Nov 12, 2008
ARMY WIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE MORE THING.... WE MAKE IN A MONTH WHAT YOU PAY IN A YEAR FOR TAXES.
umm... not really.
what

Summit, NJ

#200 Nov 12, 2008
Becky wrote:
I can't believe the God awful stuff people say or the way they word it and say it. first off my hats off to the military personnel that fight for our country.
Regardless of the flaws military enlisted men and women have I'd like everyone of you civilians to pull your head out of the freaking sand and put your self in the middle of war and tell me you can tolerate and survive what these soldiers survive and tolerate and them come back (maybe if God see's fit) for their own country to give them shitty health & medical care for what the war has done to them mentally.
Tell me you can live through war and not the part where you sit on your couch watching thru the TV and cope it is a wonder half the war vets are not on the best drugs money can buy (oh wait one problem they get paid absolutely crap) so they can't afford the good stuff. I am not military but I have a nephew that enlisted when he was 17 years old and did three tours in Iraq. He is now going to college at Texas A&M. I see the nightmares he goes through from what he went thru. OH WAIT YES, IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO SERVE HIS COUNTRY AND YOU DIDN'T ASK HIM TOO...GUESS WHAT IT IS TRASH IN SOCIETY THAT HAS THEIR HEAD THAT BURRIED NOT IN THE SAND BUT IN THEIR A-S THAT TRIGGER A DECENT SOLDIER TO WHIP YOUR BUTT IN A BAR.
Sad thing is the only reason the soldier would give you the time of day instead of walking away from trash talkers is because they get shit on by the enemy and don't deserve it from their own country.
So as far as what the military people do or cause to happen in Killeen. These soldiers are better off with the staying away from the trash hole club anyway.....
Hats off to you SOLDIERS.......
Oh god!!
Soldier

Tampa, FL

#201 Nov 23, 2008
Steve Berkshire wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay my taxes to keep you employed. Therefore, I am your employer. That said, shut the hell up, and go back to Iraq. I'm not paying you to go to clubs.
I hate to say it Steve but I am a Chaplain and a man of God.Do you pay his salary too? Judge not lest ye be judged
DesertDrifter 187

Tampa, FL

#202 Nov 23, 2008
Steve Berkshire wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says I have any kids? I'm not like a soldier who starts making babies at 18yrs old. Those are usually the same little soldiers cry that they should be allowed to drink at 18, etc. Same little soldiers who think they're bulletproof after illegally ingesting large quatities of alcohol. Same soldiers that NEED all the rules the military imposes on them because they wouldn't MAKE IT on the outside otherwise.
You got the wrong one here you live in Colorado and run your mouth like you know something. Please you would not make it 1 second with me bare handed.
DesertDrifter 187

Tampa, FL

#203 Nov 23, 2008
And I don't drink you snowboarding know it all. I have a college degree.
DesertDrifter 187

Tampa, FL

#204 Nov 23, 2008
And by the way Steve we pay taxes too. Jackass
MP Wife

Independence, LA

#205 Dec 5, 2008
I'm a Fort Hood Army wife and my husband is an MP, and hell yeah crime is a problem, but I mean even if they took nightclubs away, soldiers would still find ways to entertain themselves. Anyone who has seen Army life firsthand can tell you that. I've seen soldiers on post on a Saturday night just wandering around, drunk....my husband has called their units to get them back where they should be. And yeah, there isn't a whole lot to do in Killeen, but I still have tons of fun every weekend, going to hang out with some of my husband's battle buddies and their wives, etc. There are other ways to have fun. You don't need to consume alcohol to have fun!!!! Drunkenness is a little too widespread in the Army in my opinion. And other posters who have not lived in this area or have no idea what the Army life is like have no right to be in this conversation. That's my two cents.
And it is true, I think it is dumb that so many young married people in the Army lifestyle think it is their duty to have kids as young as possible. I am 19, and I have birth control and know how to use it, thank you very much. There are too many women in this area who bring children into the world when they are unable to take care of them properly, especially when their husbands are deployed. They think just because they are pregnant that they are somehow better than all the other women that aren't pregnant because they know it isn't wise to spawn when you aren't financially ready. I feel sorry for those kids.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#206 Dec 6, 2008
So you're 19, and you're already married? Kudo's on not being preggered up, but you're a little young to be married, also. IMHO.
76Bulldog

Harker Heights, TX

#207 Dec 9, 2008
Steve Berkshire wrote:
Poor little soldiers can't handle the big, bad, civilians? Off limits for their own safety?
What a joke
It is routine for military commanders to put an establishment off limits due to high drug traffic. It has nothing to do with being afraid of civilians. Does everyone in Colorado have brain freeze like you?
WHO CARES

Georgetown, TX

#208 Dec 15, 2008
Killeen is a melting pool of druggies and scum. Sure there are the people who are actually decent there, but I would say, who cares. I lived there for several years until moving to a new town. Every time I go back to Killeen, I feel I have to lock my doors in my vehicle.
It seems that the club has been so many before. Nothing but club after club after club. Burn it to the ground and build a park. But wait, nevermind, it will just get trashed and tagged due to low life scum that have no respect for anything what so ever.
Killeen would be nothing without Ft. Hood, but then again, Ft. Hood soldiers are turning into Killeen(ians)
What Happened

AOL

#209 Jan 13, 2009
A former Richwooder wrote:
These soldiers served our country in World War II and their names were proudly displayed on the billboard in Richwood WV during the early 40's for all to see. After the war was over their names were thrown in a hole and covered with dirt. I have asked my self many times. WHY.
This is a few of 10,000 soldiers from West Virginia. Richwood may have forgotten them but I have not. It’s time to remember and thank the American soldier and their families for the sacrifices they made for our freedom and I thank all of them. I hope my concerns don’t fall on deaf ears. I completely agree with the Army wife and Darren. The ass holes have a big mouth and no guts.
Zenis Amick, Allen W. Bailes, Herman D.Bennett, Woodrow W. Bell, Cecil R. Bess, Casper Breckenridge, Claude L. Bryant, Sam O. Burkholder, David L. Casto, Chauncy R. Champion, Lloyd G. Collins, Donald H. Copeland, Perry P. Cury, Clifton E. Dennis Jr., Guy R. Dillon, James C. Dobson, Orville Dorsey, Luther Faith, Robert Fidler, David D. Foster, James A Foster, Charles O. Frame, Morris J. Gray, Haven Hemrick, Heber E. Harlow, Walter M. Hicks, Robert G. Hoover, Rosco Hoover, Vestill Hoover, Carl O. Horsey, Jamie D. Huffman, Jessie C. Hughart, Rosco S. Homer, Joe Hughes Jr., Robert W. Hughes, Victor H. Humphries, William B. Ignatious, Haley L. Johnson, Warren S. Johnson, Charles D. Keenan, Russel Keenan, Claude O. Kinchaid, Gene J. Kncely, John M. Legg, J. Harry Legg, Joseph H. Legg, Theodore N. Legg, Virginia L. Link, Cleon W. Long, Ross E. Marks, Glenn D. Marsh, Tommy C. Mclaughlin, Clyde McClung, Jack McClung, Roy McClung, Gilbert W. Milan, Carl Mourey, Bert J. Moyer, Harley C. Neff, Hazel Nicholas, Willard Nicholson, Arthur B. Norman, R. Dell O’Dell, Destil Phillips, Isaac W. Pritt Jr., Wyatt R. Pratt, James D. Radcliff, Sammy T. Rowan, Donzel R. Rose , Wade Williams Jr.,
These are names found on cemetery records. These men are WWII veterans berried in Richwood West Virginia.
James E. Adkins, Joseph H Andrik, Loyd B. Bailey, James A. Barber, Romie F. Barnhouse, Estile R. Belcher, Oran G. Bragg, Antone B. Chamberlin, Gideon Chapman , Leonard B. Coe, Hansford S. Coffie, Arnold Comer, Clinton J. Cook, Harry B. Cottrill, Woodrow P. Critz , Bruce W. Cutlip, John D. Hicks, Paul H. Duffy, Curtis A. Trescott. Wallace E. Hefner, Emmet F. Goad , Richard S. Gregory, Lloyd B.Hitt, Glen B. Facemire, Mancil H. Facemire , John W. Husk, Clarence A. Horsey , Gerald C. Friend,
Thomas O. Williams, Norman Ernest Slone, John D.Stephenson, Harry E. Stirgill, Samuel J. Awartz, James S.Sweeney, Ronald H. Tinney , George Umber , Arthur P. Undrewood , Willard W. Walkup, Johnny M. Ward, Baron Weese, Charles B. Williams, Donald H. Wilson, Ralph Windle, Nathan H. Young, Woodrow Young , Edward Kenneth Simms, Tracy L. Legg,
Many of these names are on the picture of the soldiers that were thrown in the hole.
W.D. Mullins, Collins G. Lloyd, Phillips Destil, Naamon Overbaugh, Edward Overbaugh, Julious Overbaugh, Tobe Overbaugh, Edwin B. Pritt, Lanzy Webb, Dale Lawley,*Bob Smith, Leo Walkup, McKinny H., McKenny E.O., Walter T.O., Young T. A, Young T. S., Cummings Wilbert King Wilber, Truman A.A., Milland W R., Sears I. P., Sears O. N., Hicks T. E., Link Ruth, Gray T. E., Sparks T. E., Sparks L.L., Sparks W. E., Elswick Hanks, Sargent W. Wallace , E.Hefner, Emmett F.Goad, Richard S. Gregory, Lloyd B. Hitt, Glen B. Facemire, Maxcil H. Husk, Gerald C. Friend, Loyd Bailey, Estle R.Belcher, Oran G. Bragg , Harry H.Chapman , Hansford S. Coffie Jack N. Hess Cecil Hoover Grover C. Hoover Lacy W. Hilton)
Does anyone know what happened to the placque that stood in Richwood inthe 40s

“You are your worse enemy”

Since: Mar 08

Baltimore, Maryland

#210 Jan 13, 2009
Hello Who Cares. You know it's strange that you would say you feel you have to lock you vehicle everytime you come to Killeen because it would take a totall idiot to believe for one moment that the place were they are at is safe enough not to plus if such vehicle is stolen because your doors weren't locked you insurance would not cover you. Secondly I am sure you are comfortable where you live. Yet are you sure your new area isn't just better at hiding it's problems. Like the druggies and scum you referr to when you are talkinga bout killeen. You even indicated that you lived her for several years. What did you do to improve killeen? Did you set any community events, participate in the town discussions? Did you volunteer anywhere? Did you encourage friends and family to volunteer? Most likely no. You are probably living in your new area with the it won't happen to me attitude. Good moto to live by the way, until it happens. You know Killeen has probably seen better days. Yet alot of places goes through these phases.
One thing I have noticed is that alot of people complain about Killeen. Yet haven't or aren't doing anything to improve killeen. So unless you are or have done something to help or improve Killeen save your comments. Stay in your nice new area and enjoy your life away from Killeen. Thank you.
WHO CARES wrote:
Killeen is a melting pool of druggies and scum. Sure there are the people who are actually decent there, but I would say, who cares. I lived there for several years until moving to a new town. Every time I go back to Killeen, I feel I have to lock my doors in my vehicle.
It seems that the club has been so many before. Nothing but club after club after club. Burn it to the ground and build a park. But wait, nevermind, it will just get trashed and tagged due to low life scum that have no respect for anything what so ever.
Killeen would be nothing without Ft. Hood, but then again, Ft. Hood soldiers are turning into Killeen(ians)
Hollywood

Weimar, TX

#211 Jan 14, 2009
Steve Berkshire wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay my taxes to keep you employed. Therefore, I am your employer. That said, shut the hell up, and go back to Iraq. I'm not paying you to go to clubs.
You are a scumbag, even tho in the upper comments I would fall into the "civilian trash" I would totally break your eye socket if i heard you talk like that in front of any branch.
Hollywood

Weimar, TX

#212 Jan 14, 2009
WHO CARES wrote:
God your such a scared little honkie, lock your car doors? I lived there for 2 years and never had any issues. Never was broken into, never got into a altercation with any one. The only time i can think of was when someone followed me to my house and I showed him that a 45 cal is not impossible to hide in your waist band. And you know what all he wanted to know was about my car. Stop being so scared. PS Im white so I can call you a honkie, thats our word.
Hollywood

Weimar, TX

#213 Jan 14, 2009
And they shouldnt be banning the soldiers from clubs they should be banning the wives of deployed soldiers. I had a neighbor deployed and I would see different cars through the year comming and going. So I did the only thing a caring neighbor would do, I asked him if his and his wife were getting a divorce cause his house looked like a 7 11 that was always open for customers. I hope she reads this she will know who it is.
Tired of the bitching

Port Arthur, TX

#214 Jan 14, 2009
The hip hop fans shit on anything someone tries to open for them. They bring it on themselves. How many hip hop clubs have been shut down in this town? Ten maybe fifteen, and not because of bad buisness but because the customers would fight, run each other over with cars , stab and shoot one another. You guys are idiots. It is like dealing with bad children if you can't break it you will piss or shit on it.
Hollywood

Weimar, TX

#215 Jan 14, 2009
What one are they even banning people from, my favorite one is the one on stan and hood street by the bridge, not to go in of course just to drive by and watch the fights and shootings. Thats the real problem there isnt any "bars" its either a drive your farm truck here club or I can see your underwear pick your pants up. No middle ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Killeen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Armadillo Properties (Jan '09) Wed someone 72
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Tue Justehy 112
Darnall Army Hospital (Apr '10) Jul 26 cecil 17
News 'Disrespectful' I-35 billboard raises ire among... (Jan '11) Jul 22 davy 152
SCIF POC at Ft Hood Jul 13 Gio16 1
Wounded Military Dating or Wounded Warriors Dating (May '10) Jul 9 with all I have 14
Guys Jul 3 Fyi 1

Killeen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Killeen Mortgages